Obama: Don't go too far left in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:09:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama: Don't go too far left in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama: Don't go too far left in 2020  (Read 2659 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: November 16, 2019, 03:02:39 PM »

I love this man! He gets it, though I fault him for not caring more about Democrats downballot during his presidency.

I hope he endorses Uncle Joe as soon as possible. Joe Biden is the man to continue his legacy.

Yeah. Sanders or Warren certainly won't give rich criminals a pass the way Uncle Joe will.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 08:30:00 PM »

Of course, this is a perfectly reasonable (and correct) take. Just people trying to stir up trouble.

What Obama said is incidental for the alt-left. They just want an excuse to diminish him and his accomplishments because they think that this is the way to elevate their preferred candidate.

It was clear that Obama was a sh**tty President long before Bernie ran for President.

Spoken like a true teabagger.

People can encompass contradictions.  The world is complicated - someone can be good at something important yet terrible at something else equally important. Obama did a lot of good, and compared to his predecessors and successor was a good President (and a good human being) in many ways, even if I disagree with many of the choices he made and think he made some major mistakes. Many, but not all, of my disagreements come from the way I think the status quo should change, and that Obama instead continued the status quo.

Trying to set my personal views on how things should work aside (I'm a social and economic leftist, Obama is a socially liberal technocrat), here's where I think he made some big mistakes:

-he was a decent leader for the nation, but a poor leader for the Democratic party.
-on too many fronts, he strove to avoid conflict, even when doing so made the problem worse over time.
-By making the choices he did, both real wealth inequality and popular anger over it gained ground, helping to fuel Trump's rise.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies