Denver radio host fired in the middle of his own show for criticizing Donald
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:39:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Denver radio host fired in the middle of his own show for criticizing Donald
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Denver radio host fired in the middle of his own show for criticizing Donald  (Read 1396 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 16, 2019, 10:19:21 PM »

KNUS radio host Craig Silverman says he was fired mid-show for criticizing Trump
Craig Silverman, a former chief deputy district attorney in Denver and talk-show host on the conservative 710 KNUS radio station, said he was fired mid-show Saturday after criticizing President Donald Trump.

Silverman was in the middle of a segment about Roy Cohn, Trump’s former personal attorney, when he suddenly was interrupted by network news, he told The Denver Post.

KNUS is owned by the Salem Media Group - rightwing religious nutjobs.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 11:39:26 PM »

They get to do that.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 11:51:07 PM »

And yet moderators of the US Election Atlas dot org forum muting posters like Sanchez is a horrible crime.

Edit: friendly reminder, do not reply to this post, because I don't care
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 12:28:39 AM »

... KNUS is owned by the Salem Media Group - rightwing religious nutjobs.

Ahhh.
Now I understand why Fuzzy felt the need to insert his two-cents in the matter.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 12:38:48 AM »

If everything was opposite (left wing radio station firing someone in the middle of their show for praising Trump) they'd still get to do that.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 12:58:12 AM »

And yet moderators of the US Election Atlas dot org forum muting posters like Sanchez is a horrible crime.

Not to defend anyone on this forum or any radio station, but it is a sad reality. Places of employment get to fire whoever they want whenever they want because that's how the world works. Sanchez should not be muted just because of what he posts since that wouldn't seem fair.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 05:55:14 AM »

If everything was opposite (left wing radio station firing someone in the middle of their show for praising Trump) they'd still get to do that.

We'd have a thread about it either way, in the latter case I think there'd be a bit less partisan disagreement as Democrats hold themselves to higher standards generally than Republicans do.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 09:50:35 AM »

Not to defend anyone on this forum or any radio station, but it is a sad reality. Places of employment get to fire whoever they want whenever they want because that's how the world works. Sanchez should not be muted just because of what he posts since that wouldn't seem fair.

That's because the 1st Amendment's guaranty is that you won't go to jail for expressing your opinion.

If you work for a media outlet whose owners are dedicated to a single viewpoint, they certainly get to fire those who disagree with that viewpoint.  It's an argument for public financing of campaigns and campaign spending limits.  It's an example of Citizens United at work.  But it's the way it is. 

Imagine what liberals would say if one of MSNBC's commentators took the Alan Dershowitz stance on impeachment, disrupting an echo chamber segment.  Would they even last the week?  That's the way it is in the business of ideological media; the owners are pushing a particular viewpoint.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 11:21:53 AM »

And we have the freedom to mock that decision.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 01:30:22 PM »

Nobody disputes that.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »

... disrupting an echo chamber segment.

Yes Fuzzy ... that's exactly what happened here.
This individual was fired for "disrupting the right-wing religious nutjob, echo chamber."
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 02:24:35 PM »

The next Dem needs to break out the antitrust laws on some of these national media companies because local radio/television stations being under the control of one or two national fringe political organizations is not only a violation of free and independent press, but also a monopoly.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 02:44:11 PM »

Two sides of the same coin when it comes to media and censoring "wrongthink".
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »

This individual was fired for "disrupting the right-wing religious nutjob, echo chamber."

And the owners of that station get to maintain an echo chamber.  It's their money.

I don't post on sites where only one point of view is tolerated.  I wouldn't make it on any number of websites (Free Republic, Daily Kos). 

Atlas isn't meant to be an "echo chamber", and disrupting the echo chamber isn't against the ToS here.  It's a Freedom Site.  For those that can handle that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 03:56:12 PM »

Indeed we do.  It's not a Freedom Decision (to use my best Atlasspeak) to fire the host in the middle of the show.   
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »

And the owners of that station get to maintain an echo chamber.  It's their money.

I don't post on sites where only one point of view is tolerated.  I wouldn't make it on any number of websites (Free Republic, Daily Kos). 

Atlas isn't meant to be an "echo chamber", and disrupting the echo chamber isn't against the ToS here.  It's a Freedom Site.  For those that can handle that.

You were the first to bring-up and bitch about "echo chambers," so that's why I threw it in your face.
And "lol" at you for your "those that can handle that" comment. News for you ... you "cant handle it" in Atlas.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 08:21:10 PM »

"It's not 'cancel culture' when it's done to protect the feelings of our God-King!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 09:15:50 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2019, 09:19:05 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

And the owners of that station get to maintain an echo chamber.  It's their money.

I don't post on sites where only one point of view is tolerated.  I wouldn't make it on any number of websites (Free Republic, Daily Kos).  

Atlas isn't meant to be an "echo chamber", and disrupting the echo chamber isn't against the ToS here.  It's a Freedom Site.  For those that can handle that.

You were the first to bring-up and bitch about "echo chambers," so that's why I threw it in your face.
And "lol" at you for your "those that can handle that" comment. News for you ... you "cant handle it" in Atlas.

I can handle Freedom.  I'll report behavior aimed at me that is outside the ToS.  As the moderators have encouraged me to.

I have no problems with people who disagree with me.  I will, however, report anti-Christian bigotry.  And I will report libelous personal ad hominem attacks.  Note that I have not done this to you.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 11:09:32 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2019, 11:14:01 PM by The Arizonan »

And the owners of that station get to maintain an echo chamber.  It's their money.

I don't post on sites where only one point of view is tolerated.  I wouldn't make it on any number of websites (Free Republic, Daily Kos).  

Atlas isn't meant to be an "echo chamber", and disrupting the echo chamber isn't against the ToS here.  It's a Freedom Site.  For those that can handle that.

I can handle Freedom.  I'll report behavior aimed at me that is outside the ToS.  As the moderators have encouraged me to.

I have no problems with people who disagree with me.  I will, however, report anti-Christian bigotry.  And I will report libelous personal ad hominem attacks.  Note that I have not done this to you.

Why do you feel the need to report anti-Christian bigotry on the forums? Christianity is an anti-human religion.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 11:57:28 PM »

I have no problems with people who disagree with me.  I will, however, report anti-Christian bigotry.  And I will report libelous personal ad hominem attacks.  Note that I have not done this to you.

Why do you feel the need to report anti-Christian bigotry on the forums? Christianity is an anti-human religion.

John 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The above quote is for those who just might thing you might not have it right.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2019, 12:57:30 AM »

get ready for points!

(at least I'm assuming.  I know if someone had said this exact same phrase against another specific religion they'd get points.)
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 01:26:24 AM »

get ready for points!

(at least I'm assuming.  I know if someone had said this exact same phrase against another specific religion they'd get points.)

I'm going to feel stupid for asking this, but what kind of points are we talking about?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 01:51:04 AM »

death points, from the mods.

(though there seems to be something yelling at me from the back of my mind saying that they don't use points anymore)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 07:54:52 AM »

I can handle Freedom.  I'll report behavior aimed at me that is outside the ToS.  As the moderators have encouraged me to.

I have no problems with people who disagree with me.  I will, however, report anti-Christian bigotry.  And I will report libelous personal ad hominem attacks.  Note that I have not done this to you.

Would you report anti-Muslim bigotry, too?  I hope you would, and I don't mean this as a gotcha.

And I did report The Arizonan's post for consistency's sake.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 11:11:05 AM »

I can handle Freedom.  I'll report behavior aimed at me that is outside the ToS.  As the moderators have encouraged me to.

Would you report anti-Muslim bigotry, too?  I hope you would, and I don't mean this as a gotcha.

And I did report The Arizonan's post for consistency's sake.
I reported the post but wouldn't if it was an anti-Islam post. It's not about "consistency", it's just indont like bashing things I like and don't care about bashing other things, it's the same way I'm not offended in the slightest when Fanily Guy makes jokes making fun of Islam (or Catholicism or conservative evangelicals) but hate it when it makes fun of Christianity as a whole.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies