BREAKING: Netanyahu indicted on charges of fraud, bribery, more
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:49:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BREAKING: Netanyahu indicted on charges of fraud, bribery, more
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Netanyahu indicted on charges of fraud, bribery, more  (Read 1344 times)
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israeli-pm-netanyahu-indicted-charges-bribery-fraud-breach-trust-n1084831
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 11:47:48 AM »

Justice!

RIP HP, Republican-Israel, cynical criminal of the highest order.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »

About time.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 12:00:01 PM »

You hate to see it
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 01:11:39 PM »

His corruption was an open secret for a while and Likud will be better off not being a one-man party.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 02:52:21 PM »

Fraud and bribery are lesser of Bibi's crimes.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 05:33:39 AM »

Trump is next.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 09:16:50 AM »

Time to go, Bibi.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 10:41:36 AM »

This monster finally being removed from the scene - which hasn't happened yet, of course - would be a very good thing for Israel first and foremost. Another possible benefit, though, is that it might cause some outsiders to look at the I/P situation a bit more objectively - and without falling into the now depressingly familiar tropes.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 11:39:08 AM »

This monster finally being removed from the scene - which hasn't happened yet, of course - would be a very good thing for Israel first and foremost. Another possible benefit, though, is that it might cause some outsiders to look at the I/P situation a bit more objectively - and without falling into the now depressingly familiar tropes.

The idea that evil Bibi is what's prevented progress towards a lasting Mideast peace is amusingly simplistic. Bibi took advantage of Israeli scepticism of a lasting peace. He did not create it, so if he is removed from Israeli politics all I'd expect is  some other politician to fill the void his leaving would cause.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2019, 12:35:12 PM »

I am well aware of the above. But that is far from the full extent of his toxicity.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2019, 03:20:07 PM »

The idea that evil Bibi is what's prevented progress towards a lasting Mideast peace is amusingly simplistic. Bibi took advantage of Israeli scepticism of a lasting peace. He did not create it, so if he is removed from Israeli politics all I'd expect is  some other politician to fill the void his leaving would cause.

I am hoping, even with low expectations, that Bibi's ouster can at least stop the barrage of "look at what Netanyahu just announced today, this just proves how evil Israel truly is" from self-proclaimed leftists. I am already seeing evidence to the contrary, but at least Gantz is interested in dialogue.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 02:05:05 AM »

He may not be solely responsible, but what he is solely responsible for is endless attempts at torpedoing the JCPOA which has caused no end of trouble for everyone andmost insidiously, for taking a fairly healthy scepticism and fanning it to a point where peace is basically never going to happen.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 11:09:19 AM »

While I am pro-Israel, I considered Netanyahu's acceptance of the Republican's invitation to speak before Congress, where he trashed the American sitting President to be untoward.  I certainly support Trump's policy toward Israel, but Netanyahu's acceptance of what was an irresponsible invitation to speak before Congress by Republicans has never sat well with me, and never will.  It would not sit well for me if, say, Nancy Pelosi allowed NATO Leaders to speak before Congress and trash Trump's call for them to pay their fair share. 

If he's a crook, he'll get his.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies