Oh my goodness..GOP lead pretty big in Maryland. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:54:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Oh my goodness..GOP lead pretty big in Maryland. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oh my goodness..GOP lead pretty big in Maryland.  (Read 5907 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: January 13, 2006, 09:19:22 AM »

MoE?

I also noted that they had Steele totally overtaking Cardin but not increasing his lead on Mfume much ... yet what little internals they published in that press release is all on Steele heavily increasing his share of the Black vote in the matchup vs Mfume. Something's wrong here.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 10:35:30 AM »

One thing I'm not sure about ... if the Reps nominate a Black man, is Cardin still much more electable than Mfume? In a Cardin vs Steele race, there is always a risk for the Reps of a racist backlash in the rural parts of the state (low turnout, more likely than actually voting for the Democrat), and that's what the theory is obviously based on. But given Maryland's demographics - overwhelmingly suburban, large middle class Black population that might be swayed to vote for a Republican who's one of them against a Dem who's not - and given the fact that some of the abovementioned people might not vote in an all-Black Senate race either (it's not a presidential year after all)...
Now, if the Republican candidate were White, I'd go with Cardin...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies