The future of pedophilia, incest and bestiality
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:33:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The future of pedophilia, incest and bestiality
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The future of pedophilia, incest and bestiality  (Read 3161 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:53:15 PM »

I was thinking about this earlier.  Well okay, not like that, but the topics in general.

Until about 40 years ago, homosexuality was seen as abhorrent by a majority of people, and was of course illegal.  If a women gave birth outside of marriage, she was often classed as insane, and the child was put into care.  Abortion was illegal, and many women underwent great lengths and risks to not only break the law in order to abort, but to hide the fact from society as well.

Those were issues that were treated as taboo then, and the law reflected the popular mood.  But as we now know, all of those examples are legal, and accepted by large numbers of people as 'okay'.

But right now, the issues of pedophilia, incest and bestiality are viewed almost the same way as homosexuality, abortion and illegitimacy were 40 years ago.

Regardless of what you personally think about these issues, do you think that these 'abhorrent' activities will be seen as 'acceptable' in about 40 years from now?  Will opebo have the last laugh?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 12:57:14 PM »

Pedophile actions won't be legal because it has been shown that there can be immense psychological harm on the child.

Incest probably not, but to a degree possibly. I find it unlikely though.

Bestiality is unlikely unless it's already legal in a state - the PETA people and the like will bitch and moan if someone tries.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »

Paedophilia will always remain illegal (though the age of consent may change over time) Having sexual relations (often forced or agressive) with a non consenting pre-pubescent is different from two 30 year old men deciding to sleep with each other.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 01:19:38 PM »

The age of consent is already about 12-15 in more enlightened countries, however I don't see much chance of improvement in the benighted USA.

A key to social control is making what everyone wants illegal, and everyone secretly wants a nubile 14 year old girl!
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 01:34:22 PM »

I don't think those issues will ever be acceptable in America.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »

Regardless of what you personally think about these issues, do you think that these 'abhorrent' activities will be seen as 'acceptable' in about 40 years from now?  Will opebo have the last laugh?

They may very well become "acceptable", but opebo will not have the last laugh, Jesus will.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 02:14:22 PM »

I don't think those issues will ever be acceptable in America.

I would agree, but people said the same about the other issues I cited earlier that are now acceptable.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 02:16:28 PM »

I see no reason why they shouldn't be, given that the other things you mentioned are.

EDIT: Wait, pedophilia should not. But incest should... and bestiality, uh, wouldn't that have to be rape?
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 03:52:59 PM »

Adult humans (whatever their sexual preference, or race for that matter) can give informed consent to sex. Children and animals can't. This is a no-brainer.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 04:01:02 PM »

Your view on the past position of abortion and women with illegitimate children is highly flawed.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 04:03:53 PM »

I think the key determinant will be "consenting adults".

So
Pedophilia -no
Incest - maybe this will be accepted to some extent, but society should maintain some restrictions on pro-creation.
Bestiality - only if the beast is a consenting adult, which of course it cannot be. BTW who in the world would want to have sex with an animal? You gotta be one sick SOB.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 05:28:42 PM »

opebo will not have the last laugh, Jesus will.

You crazy nut, such things happen only in your imagination!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 05:34:42 PM »

BTW who in the world would want to have sex with an animal? You gotta be one sick SOB.

You would be surprised.  Bestiality is one of the blander things you can find on the Internet.  It's a strange world we live in.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 05:35:49 PM »

They'll all still be around and probably at the same amount that it is now.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 12:16:41 PM »

I say we Shoot people who practice any of the 3 things mentioned.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 12:35:56 PM »

Who's the intolerant hick now, Straha?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 12:44:16 PM »

Your view on the past position of abortion and women with illegitimate children is highly flawed.

Precisely. Unless you can isolate the mechanism for the changes which you claim have happened, you can't possibly expect to predict whether different changes will happen just because they have similiar properties to changes that you claim have already have happened.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »

Precisely. Unless you can isolate the mechanism for the changes which you claim have happened, you can't possibly expect to predict whether different changes will happen just because they have similiar properties to changes that you claim have already have happened.

Okay look, the details of the change in public mood are sketchy, because there was no specific changeover.  I picked that '40 years' as a very wide ballpark figure.

I am not saying that moods will continue to change over the same length of time, and for exactly the same reasons.  I am merely speculating on the possibility of the public mood ever changing at all.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 04:26:34 PM »

Who's the intolerant hick now, Straha?

Intolerant spic would fit better, opebo.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 09:20:12 PM »

Well at any rate at least I'm nto either a pedophile(opebo) or a Nazi(Jake)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 02:14:52 PM »

Pedophilia - No.  Most people don't trust kids to make their own decisions, and this is one of the rare occasions where I definitely agree.
Incest - Maybe.  I don't really see it happening, but they are consenting adults.
Bestiality - No.  Children can consent, even if the don't know what they're talking about, but, let's face it, we can't communicate with animals.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 01:21:23 AM »

You forgot necrophilia. Tongue
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 04:07:37 AM »

Bestiality - No.  Children can consent, even if the don't know what they're talking about, but, let's face it, we can't communicate with animals.

You really are a Cheeseprude, beastiality is so hot! Tongue

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 06:00:28 AM »

Bestiality - No.  Children can consent, even if they don't know what they're talking about, but, let's face it, we can't communicate with animals.
Ah, but that's due to our deficiency, not theirs, so maybe we should ban all sexual intercourse involving at least one human.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 09:10:09 AM »

Bestiality - No.  Children can consent, even if they don't know what they're talking about, but, let's face it, we can't communicate with animals.
Ah, but that's due to our deficiency, not theirs, so maybe we should ban all sexual intercourse involving at least one human.

Um, huh?   I don't understand.  Dogs can mate with other dogs, cats with other cats, and humans with other humans, because they can communicate with each other.  Humans can only communicate on a very basic level with cats and dogs.  So why do you think we should ban all sexual intercourse involving at least one human?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies