S.19.4-7: Promoting Patriotic Purchasing (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:11:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.4-7: Promoting Patriotic Purchasing (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.4-7: Promoting Patriotic Purchasing (Statute)  (Read 553 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2019, 04:58:28 AM »
« edited: December 22, 2019, 06:20:20 PM by Southern Speaker Punxsutawney Phil »

Article I
Section I) One million dollars shall be dispensed to the states of the Southern region, according to the population of each, for the creation and broadcast of advertisements promoting the purchase of South Atlasian made goods and the deterrence of purchase of foreign-made, particularly Chinese-made goods.
Section II) The funds for this program shall be allocated to each Southern state’s Department of Commerce or equivalent.
Section III) The method of advertisement shall include but shall not be limited to television advertisements, billboard advertisements, radio advertisements, and so on.
Section IV) Upon the exhaustion of the aforementioned funds, Article I shall be null and void unless a law is passed renewing the fund in the same or a different amount.
Section V) Article I shall take effect, with funds dispensed to the states, on January 1, 2020.
Sponsors: Muaddib, West_Midlander
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 12:57:09 AM »

Fellow Delegates,

One way we can help out our fellow Southerners is by buying Southern goods and services. This will help keep jobs in the South. This Bill seeks to do just that with a promotional campaign. Think Globally, Act Locally, Buy Southern!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 08:14:19 AM »

Fellow Delegates,

One way we can help out our fellow Southerners is by buying Southern goods and services. This will help keep jobs in the South. This Bill seeks to do just that with a promotional campaign. Think Globally, Act Locally, Buy Southern!
Agreed. Let's curb the outsourcing epidemic and protect Southern jobs.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 12:32:20 AM »

As can be seen this is a one year, one time promotional campaign. Would anyone object to making this a bit more of a longer term and make this a 3 year campaign? Maybe if there is an increase (say 2%) in the purchasing of Southern products in the South the campaign would be given a renewal. Just some thoughts to consider.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 01:07:28 AM »

Quote from: Amendments to Promoting Patriotic Purchasing
Article I
Section I) One million dollars shall be dispensed to the states of the Southern region, according to the population of each, for the creation and broadcast of advertisements promoting the purchase of South Atlasian made goods and the deterrence of purchase of foreign-made, particularly Chinese-made goods.
Section II) The funds for this program shall be allocated to each Southern state’s Department of Commerce or equivalent.
Section III) The method of advertisement shall include but shall not be limited to television advertisements, billboard advertisements, radio advertisements, and so on.
Section IV) Upon the exhaustion of the aforementioned funds, Article I shall be null and void unless there is an increase in sales of Southern products of 2% or greater. This will see identical funding for the next 3 years. After which time a renewal bill will be required or a law is passed renewing the fund in the same or a different amount.
Section V) Article I shall take effect, with funds dispensed to the states, on January 1, 2020.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 02:40:24 AM »

24 hours for objection to the amendments.

If the are no objections it will become the working version of the bill.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »

This looks pretty good to me. Do any of the Delegates--or really anyone--have any concerns about the bill?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 07:45:02 PM »

This looks pretty good to me. Do any of the Delegates--or really anyone--have any concerns about the bill?
No, looks good.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 05:21:29 AM »

As there have been no objections the following is the current working version of the bill:

Quote from: Working Versions of Promoting Patriotic Purchasing
Article I
Section IV) Upon the exhaustion of the aforementioned funds, Article I shall be null and void unless there is an increase in sales of Southern products of 2% or greater. This will see identical funding for the next 3 years. After which time a renewal bill will be required or a law is passed renewing the fund in the same or a different amount.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »

I do not hold any particular objections towards this becoming law.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 11:03:15 PM »

As both the Governor and this esteemed Chamber appear to not have any concerns and are in favor of this, it might be time we took action on this bill.

I motion for a final vote.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 01:58:02 PM »

Final vote. 48 hours.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2019, 01:58:40 PM »

Aye
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2019, 06:44:08 PM »

Aye
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 04:00:33 AM »

Aye
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 11:03:11 PM »

aye
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 12:55:17 AM »

Voting is Closed

S.19.4-7: Promoting Patriotic Purchasing passes

Final Count S.19.4-7
[ 4 ] Aye
[ 0 ] Nay
[ 0 ] Abstain
[ 1 ] Absent   (PragmaticPopulist)

The Bill now awaits the Governors signature:
Article I
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2019, 05:36:18 PM »

Voting is Closed

S.19.4-7: Promoting Patriotic Purchasing passes

Final Count S.19.4-7
[ 4 ] Aye
[ 0 ] Nay
[ 0 ] Abstain
[ 1 ] Absent   (PragmaticPopulist)

The Bill now awaits the Governors signature:
Article I

X Governor Leinad
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies