Iraq has no al-Qaida connection
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:28:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Iraq has no al-Qaida connection
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iraq has no al-Qaida connection  (Read 2154 times)
Demrepdan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 09, 2004, 01:07:18 AM »
« edited: January 09, 2004, 01:08:39 AM by Demrepdan »

Just like the no WMD's in Iraq, this is very interesting as well. Again, I'm too tired to post any opinons, but comment all you want....I'll make my comments later...

Read this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3909150/
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 01:49:22 AM »

Thanks for bringing up this topic. Like the WMD this al-qaida link to Saddam was put out as a justifaction for war by the Bush admin. I believe however that some time, wither it was major or minor that Saddam probably tried to get involved with them or something. The report that he had something to do with 9/11 is totally false. However, the Bush Admin. blew it up to look like a Saddam was a total bin Laden ally.
NHPolitico

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 12:03:51 PM »

Thanks for bringing up this topic. Like the WMD this al-qaida link to Saddam was put out as a justifaction for war by the Bush admin. I believe however that some time, wither it was major or minor that Saddam probably tried to get involved with them or something. The report that he had something to do with 9/11 is totally false. However, the Bush Admin. blew it up to look like a Saddam was a total bin Laden ally.

MANCHESTER, N.H., Jan. 11 — Less than a year before he entered the race for the Democratic nomination for president, Gen. Wesley K. Clark said that he believed there was a connection between the Iraqi government and Al Qaeda.

The statement by General Clark in October 2002 as he endorsed a New Hampshire candidate for Congress is a sign of how the general's position on Iraq seems to have changed over time, though he insists his position has been consistent.

"Certainly there's a connection between Iraq and Al Qaeda," he said in 2002. "It doesn't surprise me at all that they would be talking to Al Qaeda, that there would be some Al Qaeda there or that Saddam Hussein might even be, you know, discussing gee, I wonder since I don't have any scuds and since the Americans are coming at me, I wonder if I could take advantage of Al Qaeda? How would I do it? Is it worth the risk? What could they do for me?"

jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 02:10:57 PM »

Clark doesn't even know where he stands after so many changes, so how are we supposed to know?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies