The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:53:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Right to Marry: Justice, at Last  (Read 28860 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« on: May 17, 2004, 09:03:01 PM »

So you do agree there should be an age of consent then?

Not a 10 year old. But when he attains the common law age of maturity as practiced, 14, I'd say it's his Constitutional right.

And don't let your gag reflex override your jurisprudence.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:41:14 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2004, 10:41:33 PM by htmldon »

Yeah, that sounds like our ol' PD.

Dude, get a life.  You realize you sound almost as extreme as Migrendel?  Perhaps more so - and he's talking about lowering the age of consent to 12!

Migrendel, of course, is going to ask "says who?". And that's a good question- who says? Why do we follow morality? Why do we do good and not bad? What is the purpose of right and worng?

A perfect example of how marriage has been diminished is proven by Migrendel's belief. First marriage is between a man and a woman. Then it's a man and man. Then it's three men and three women... why doesn't the entire world just forget about marriage?

Then have a big sex party!! haha just joking.. I tell you why we need it. Because it keeps order. With out morality, people would go around killing people. They would would be like Iraq was on a bad day. I don't care who is gay or not. Gay people don't need to get marriaged! If they want to get marriaged well then they are SOL.

There is a difference between universal moral principles, like acting such that you do not harm others, and moral laws dictated only by specific religions.

Pres. Bush trying to outlaw gay marriage is no more acceptable to a free society than Pres. Kerry trying to outlaw eating meat on Fridays during Lent.

Well I can care less about gay people. They are going to hell because they are gay and that is it. They don't need to be srewing up our nation, just because they want  some stupid  paper saying they are a marriage.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 10:44:10 PM »

I don't think they like you yelling your head off either Smiley

Those of us in the center just wonder if we could discuss things rationally and try to leave Hell out of it.

Yeah, that sounds like our ol' PD.

Dude, get a life.  You realize you sound almost as extreme as Migrendel?  Perhaps more so - and he's talking about lowering the age of consent to 12!

Migrendel, of course, is going to ask "says who?". And that's a good question- who says? Why do we follow morality? Why do we do good and not bad? What is the purpose of right and worng?

A perfect example of how marriage has been diminished is proven by Migrendel's belief. First marriage is between a man and a woman. Then it's a man and man. Then it's three men and three women... why doesn't the entire world just forget about marriage?

Then have a big sex party!! haha just joking.. I tell you why we need it. Because it keeps order. With out morality, people would go around killing people. They would would be like Iraq was on a bad day. I don't care who is gay or not. Gay people don't need to get marriaged! If they want to get marriaged well then they are SOL.

There is a difference between universal moral principles, like acting such that you do not harm others, and moral laws dictated only by specific religions.

Pres. Bush trying to outlaw gay marriage is no more acceptable to a free society than Pres. Kerry trying to outlaw eating meat on Fridays during Lent.

Well I can care less about gay people. They are going to hell because they are gay and that is it. They don't need to be srewing up our nation, just because they want  some stupid  paper saying they are a marriage.

Once again Im not PD. Also I do have a life. I am just very sick to death of them gay people yelling there stupid heads off.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:52:02 PM »

I doubt they're wild about your actions either...

I don't hate them, I hate their actions.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 03:55:26 PM »

What is wrong with States asking this question?

I don't think he does - but I certainly believe that homosexuality occurs naturally... thus there must be something in the genes that causes or encourages it.  So it is possible that 10 or 20 years down the road there could be a sexuality test that could be performed on the fetus.

Since, in Migrendel's world, its all about the "choice" of the mother, it doesn't matter what the doctors think or how stupid the reasoning is.  There will be pre-born babies murdered for being homosexual.  Thanks liberals!

Even from you, StatesRights, I cannot believe such a question.

The Medical profession does not, in this day and age, reccomend abortion for any defect of the child, real or imagined.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies