HB 21-11: North American Federal Transition Act (Tabled)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:34:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 21-11: North American Federal Transition Act (Tabled)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HB 21-11: North American Federal Transition Act (Tabled)  (Read 801 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:37:02 PM »
« edited: December 16, 2019, 07:19:33 PM by Pericles »

A BILL
to establish a federal North America

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives, in Congress assembled
:

Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the North American Federal Transition Act. It may be cited as “NAFTA.”

Section 2 (Federal North America)
i. The republics of Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas (The Bahamas), Greenland, Jamaica, the United Mexican States (Mexico), and Canada are admitted to the Union.
ii.Costa Rica; El Salvador; Guatemala; Honduras; Nicaragua; Panama; the Canadianprovinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan and the territories of Nunavut, the Northwest Territories, and Yukon; as well as the reorganized Mexican states of Sonora (comprising the current states Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Durango, Jalisco, Nayarit, Sinaloa and Sonora), Mexico City (comprising the current states of Chiapas, Mexico City, Guerrero, Morelos, Oaxaca, Puebla and Tlaxcala), and Mexico (comprising the current states of Colima, Hidalgo, Estado de México and Michoacán); shall be admitted to the Union as constituent states of the Commonwealth of Frémont.
iii. Greenland and the Canadianprovinces New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec shall be admitted to the Union as constituent states of the region of Lincoln.
iv. The Bahamas; Belize; Cuba; the Dominican Republic; Haiti; and Jamaica; as well as the reorganized Mexican states of Nuevo Leon (comprising the current states of Aguascalientes, Coahuila, Guanajuato, Nuevo León, Querétaro, San Luis Potosí, Tamaulipas and Zacatecas) and Yucatan (comprising the current states of Campeche, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, Veracruz and Yucatán); shall be admitted to the Union as constituent states of the Southern Region.

Section 3 (Enactment)
i. This Act shall take effect upon its ratification by each of the aforementioned signatories.

People's Regional Senate
Passed 5-0 in the Atlasian Senate Assembled,

Sponsor:
House Designation: HB 21-11
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:39:06 PM »

This needs a sponsor.
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -6.09

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 01:20:37 AM »

I'm not sure what to think of this bill. Yeah, it would diversify the region's territories, but at that point why not just create new regions? Why is Fremont getting more than Lincoln and the South combined? Is this even legal?
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 09:09:23 AM »

Will the people of these regions be given a choice on whether or not they want to join Atlasia?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 01:48:11 PM »

Will the people of these regions be given a choice on whether or not they want to join Atlasia?

This Act shall take effect upon its ratification by each of the aforementioned signatories.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 08:14:16 PM »

I'm not sure what to think of this bill. Yeah, it would diversify the region's territories, but at that point why not just create new regions? Why is Fremont getting more than Lincoln and the South combined? Is this even legal?

Fremont is underpopulated compared to the other two, so if we do go with this then Fremont absolutely should get the most.

Also does anyone want to sponsor this?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 09:48:25 PM »

Fremont is underpopulated compared to the other two, so if we do go with this then Fremont absolutely should get the most.

More territory doesn't fix in game population. Saying anything to suggest it does just shows you don't understand how this game works.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 12:43:39 PM »

This is.......extremely interesting, to say the least. I'm very much inclined to support this, and realize the dream of our founders to have a Continental Union. Has the President or the Secretary of State reached out to the other nations of North America to discuss this?

I'm trying to keep track of all the names, but could we get a map of what this new union would look like?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 09:15:54 PM »

This still needs a sponsor.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 10:50:50 PM »

This is.......extremely interesting, to say the least. I'm very much inclined to support this, and realize the dream of our founders to have a Continental Union. Has the President or the Secretary of State reached out to the other nations of North America to discuss this?

I'm trying to keep track of all the names, but could we get a map of what this new union would look like?
Excellent questions! Brugh would be the one to ask with regard to our Central American neighbors, though I doubt much has been accomplished on that front what with the recent inactivity of the game engine. As for a map:

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »

True. Given the lack of a GM, it isn't very possible to find out what other countries think of this for now.

Also, I would be happy to sponsor this bill unless someone else wants it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 10:26:54 PM »

I'll take that as a sponsorship request, 24 hours for objections to Representative razze sponsoring this bill.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 12:45:16 AM »

Representative razze is recognized as the sponsor and is invited to speak on this bill.
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 11:57:42 AM »

Immediately calling for a motion to table, we need a new GM first.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 01:22:56 PM »

Objection
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 01:31:30 PM »

According to Section 3, the act only takes effect after the countries sign. These negotiations will take some time regardless of whether we pass it before or after a new GM is in place. It simply means that the time, presumably, between the passage and the implementation is longer.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 03:48:05 PM »

I agree with thumb that it is unwise to table this bill, and it is also entirely possible that by the time this passes we'll have a new GM. From my understanding, tabling motions require a seconder, so until one is found debate continues.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 04:21:43 PM »

There is really no need for this, especially when the reasons laid out by people supporting it so far aren't even valid reasons.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 04:22:46 PM »

More territory doesn't fix in game population. Saying anything to suggest it does just shows you don't understand how this game works.

Funny that Pericles still can't even come up with a response to this fact.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 06:24:43 PM »

I am also opposed to this bill. This will be a no vote from me when it comes up.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 04:29:16 PM »

If you guys want to table this, someone needs to formally second the tabling motion.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 05:09:57 PM »

seconding the tabling motion
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 05:38:46 PM »

Ok Representatives have 48 hours to vote on whether to table this bill, two thirds of those voting need to vote to table for the motion to pass.
RC
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2019, 09:19:51 PM »

Aye
fhtagn
Atlas Icon