Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:10:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 90574 times)
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2019, 07:56:06 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2019, 08:16:31 PM »

I just hope that whatever "groove" he has now persists throughout the general election, should he be nominated.

The Joe Biden of 2012, or even 2016, wouldn't have me as concerned as current Joe Biden has me.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2019, 12:16:29 AM »

For folks wondering why I went from hating Biden to outright declaring him the inevitable nominee:

Harris had the biggest presence in South Carolina (I’ve been there regularly volunteering for her and Warren) with her out, Biden is going to clear 60 percent there easy.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2019, 09:08:29 AM »

I just hope that whatever "groove" he has now persists throughout the general election, should he be nominated.

The Joe Biden of 2012, or even 2016, wouldn't have me as concerned as current Joe Biden has me.
I agree. While I am firmly to the left of him, I have always liked Uncle Joe, but man, the 2019 version of Joe is too close to being a rambling fool for me to be comfortable with him as the nominee. I guess it is good that his opponent is even more of a rambling fool than him, but still. It is not a good look that he can't maintain his train of thought for more than 10 seconds at a time. Still, rather him than inevitable GE losers like Bernie or Liz, so unless Mayor Pete (or someone else) surges, I've got Uncle Joe's back in this.
Higgins
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2019, 09:54:26 AM »

Biden being the likely nominee is a reaction to Trump.
People want the center. They want sanity and stability. A steady hand. Not Trump’s extremism or the social extremism of the far left. In a more politically sane era, say if this was 1996 or 2000, Joe wouldn’t be a contender. But in these bizarre and deeply divided times, the people want someone moderate who can unite this country or at least keep the extremists out of power. Warren is boring and when she speaks is too radical. Sanders hype has worn off and his plans are pie in the sky and he’s basically the other side of the Trump coin. Harris collapsed because she was a social radical.

Biden’s the One.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2019, 10:51:20 AM »

r Harris collapsed because she was a social radical.
That’s bullsh-t.

But it’s neither here nor there. Biden will be the nominee and I hope he chooses Harris.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2019, 10:58:36 AM »

That’s bullsh-t.

But it’s neither here nor there. Biden will be the nominee and I hope he chooses Harris.

Do you think Harris will endorse Biden before the primary is over (or even begun)?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2019, 11:11:31 AM »

That’s bullsh-t.

Do you think Harris will endorse Biden before the primary is over (or even begun)?
Yes. She had the most CBC endorsements (yes, more than Biden) and has the power to choose what position she wants in a Biden administration. The CBC wants her to be the POTUS after Biden and I think they will work out a deal that leads to Harris endorsing before South Carolina if Biden loses the first three. The black establishment WILL NOT get behind Warren, Sanders, or Pete.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2019, 12:48:13 PM »

Harris had the people behind her, but the AA and Latino caucus in the House endorsed Biden over her, also, nobody knows much about her prosecution record, and she only has 2 yrs in the Senate. CATHERINE Cortez-Masteo was a prosecutor as well, but she is fully endorsed by Senator Tester, to back her up
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2019, 01:20:03 PM »

"Biden: Boris Johnson Won Despite Being Trump’s ‘Physical and Emotional Clone’ because Labour Moved Too Far Left"

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-boris-johnson-won-despite-being-trumps-physical-and-emotional-clone-because-labour-moved-too-far-left/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=top-bar-latest&utm_term=third
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2019, 01:24:36 PM »

Boris Johnson win doesnt mean that, totally; consequently, Theresa May who was just as polarizing as Trump, resigned; thus, Boris, who is equivalent to Pence coming in, for Trump will get reelected.  As the incumbent
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2019, 02:10:52 PM »

So now the "Dems too far left" crowd is resorting to INTERNATIONAL elections to prove that Democrats need to "moderate"? This is getting absurd.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2019, 04:29:27 PM »

So now the "Dems too far left" crowd is resorting to INTERNATIONAL elections to prove that Democrats need to "moderate"? This is getting absurd.

I mean, we also use the 2018 midterms, but nobody seems to listen.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »

He's 100% right.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2019, 08:35:38 PM »

Trump isnt Boris Johnson, as of today, Trump is Boris Johnson during Teresa May, unpopular administration.  The Wall is just as polarizing as seceding from EU
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2019, 01:02:24 AM »

I’ve heard that argument before, but I don’t see the point. More moderate Democrats won their primaries, so? Plenty of progressives won in competitive districts/states as well. People mainly bring up Gillum, who underperformed the more moderate Nelson by a whopping 0.3%. Not exactly an argument that progressive Democrats are doomed to lose like McGovern.
Hollywood
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2019, 01:52:19 AM »

I'm flabbergasted that there can be so many misinformed Atlas members.  The Labour Party's argument for remain is exactly the same used by establishment journalist and politicians that criticize Donald Trump. 

This is Biden criticizing Trump for being Nationalist and Xenophobic. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFvx5F1yM-g

This is Biden delivering that message in Ireland.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsMyyI5HY1s

This is Corbyn slamming Brexxit for being xenophobic and racist. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJG1KXROQIE

If people actually go do the research, they'll find that Biden, Pelosi and the Democrats are reading from the same playbook as members of the Labour Party. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2019, 03:32:30 AM »

I’ve heard that argument before, but I don’t see the point. More moderate Democrats won their primaries, so? Plenty of progressives won in competitive districts/states as well. People mainly bring up Gillum, who underperformed the more moderate Nelson by a whopping 0.3%. Not exactly an argument that progressive Democrats are doomed to lose like McGovern.

It's more about the dozens of red seats flipped, universally by normie Dems, while the promised "revolution" of progressives (in particular, JusticeDems) resulted in 0 flips.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2019, 06:12:33 AM »

Say what you want about his policies, but the Biden campaign has hired some damn good people for these ads.

gottsu
Poland

« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2019, 07:43:00 AM »

Say what you want about his policies, but the Biden campaign has hired some damn good people for these ads.

Because that ad is what an campaign ad is ought to be - few slogans, "choose - you vote for me or for my rival" and sneaking a few smears. Gets my vote.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2019, 12:19:01 PM »

"The first and most important plank in my climate change proposal: Beat Trump."
As someone who has called and knocked on the doors of hundreds of Democratic primary voters, that is the main thing they're worried about.

Me: "What's your most important issue?"

Them: "Getting Trump's ass out of there."

It is what it is.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2019, 01:22:30 PM »

It's more about the dozens of red seats flipped, universally by normie Dems, while the promised "revolution" of progressives (in particular, JusticeDems) resulted in 0 flips.

Not every progressive Democrat is a “Justice Dem”, and again, where is the evidence that had more progressive Democrats won primaries, fewer seats would have flipped? 2018 basically just shows that more moderate Democrats win primaries. Or do people really think that the more progressive Democrat would have lost CO-06 against Coffman?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »

Not every progressive Democrat is a “Justice Dem”, and again, where is the evidence that had more progressive Democrats won primaries, fewer seats would have flipped? 2018 basically just shows that more moderate Democrats win primaries. Or do people really think that the more progressive Democrat would have lost CO-06 against Coffman?

I mean, it's a sliding scale of ideology, you have to make the cut somewhere.  I feel like people who explicitly aligned themselves with the Sanders-endorsed Cenk/Kulinski anti-DNC progressive organization, of which there were plenty, is a good barometer for who was supposed to be the harbingers of the revolution.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »

I mean, it's a sliding scale of ideology, you have to make the cut somewhere.  I feel like people who explicitly aligned themselves with the Sanders-endorsed Cenk/Kulinski anti-DNC progressive organization, of which there were plenty, is a good barometer for who was supposed to be the harbingers of the revolution.

And my point is that there’s a difference between saying that we can do better than the Cenk/Kulinski types and saying that we will lose if we go “too far left”, which is a pretty meaningless characterization to begin with.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2019, 02:37:10 PM »

"The first and most important plank in my climate change proposal: Beat Trump."
As someone who has called and knocked on the doors of hundreds of Democratic primary voters, that is the main thing they're worried about.

Me: "What's your most important issue?"

Them: "Getting Trump's ass out of there."

It is what it is.

I don't doubt that, but it's about as much of a plan for solving climate change as banning plastic straws. There is nothing in Joe Biden's political history that suggests that he is likely to lead us anywhere on this or any other environmental issue beyond rescinding Trump's executive orders.
It’s why I’m focused on the Senate and padding our majority in the House to hold him accountable. Because the voters are naive and think Biden can work with the Republicans to get things done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies