Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:41:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 90588 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2019, 03:13:25 PM »

The red states are still not buying impeachment, due to fact, they still see Biden as corrupted and the Rs are convinced that Biden is exonerated from corruption. Biden can still lose the primary or GE

Polls thus far are showin support for impeachment is stuck in the low 40s
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2019, 05:32:56 PM »

Say what you want about his policies, but the Biden campaign has hired some damn good people for these ads.

He has made some good ads. And maybe he does have some decent organization and staff. It's what I'm hoping for if he gets nominated.

His staff really needs to keep him on a teleprompter during public events and get as many surrogates (the Obamas especially) out there campaigning for and with him as much as possible in the right states at both the presidential and down-ballot levels.
Hollywood
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2019, 06:50:06 PM »

Say what you want about his policies, but the Biden campaign has hired some damn good people for these ads.

He has made some good ads. And maybe he does have some decent organization and staff. It's what I'm hoping for if he gets nominated.

His staff really needs to keep him on a teleprompter during public events and get as many surrogates (the Obamas especially) out there campaigning for and with him as much as possible in the right states at both the presidential and down-ballot levels.

This is an abnormally optimistic post for a pessimist. 

Biden’s “decent” organization has had implored him to use a teleprompter since his campaign kicked off in May, and he’s repeatedly made gaffes or gone off script. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2019, 06:52:34 PM »

Biden’s “decent” organization has had implored him to use a teleprompter since his campaign kicked off in May, and he’s repeatedly made gaffes or gone off script. 

Is it optimistic? I'm acknowledging that if left to his own devices Biden could doom himself in a general election campaign.
Hollywood
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2019, 07:14:32 PM »

Is it optimistic? I'm acknowledging that if left to his own devices Biden could doom himself in a general election campaign.

Fair enough.  In my mind, I feel like Democrats should be absolutely horrified over a Biden nomination given the high stakes often expressed.  Groping young women cause he's a touchy weirdo is one thing, but I'd be losing my mind if a candidate had expressed loving when kids sat on his lap and rubbed his leg.  If people want to know what would have caused many Trump's supporters not to vote for him, now you have your answer.  The astonishing lack of curiosity about that statement in the mainstream might win him the primary, but do you really want that playing on televisions during the general? 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2019, 10:04:19 PM »

Am I the only one who has noticed that both trump and our very own Atlas trump-cultist, Hollywood, is showing fear that Biden could be the Dem nominee?
They know Biden has the best chance to show trump the exit.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2019, 12:03:56 AM »

Fair enough.  In my mind, I feel like Democrats should be absolutely horrified over a Biden nomination given the high stakes often expressed.  Groping young women cause he's a touchy weirdo is one thing, but I'd be losing my mind if a candidate had expressed loving when kids sat on his lap and rubbed his leg.  If people want to know what would have caused many Trump's supporters not to vote for him, now you have your answer.  The astonishing lack of curiosity about that statement in the mainstream might win him the primary, but do you really want that playing on televisions during the general? 

The shoulder-rubbing and pool kid comment will become gospel among Trumpsters, just like the bs about Hillary's health, her emails, or Bill's misconduct. It might hurt him among some voters, but I doubt it will be decisive or significant as a factor.

Biden has one clear-cut, iron-clad defense against any anxieties about his creepiness: Not a single human being on Earth has ever alleged Biden has committed any sort of sexual misconduct of any kind, whatsoever.
I am willing to bet that that will stay the case. Unlike Trump, who has literally dozens of sexual misconduct allegations against him, some originating before he ever entered politics. Plus, Access Hollywood. Trump loses in a battle over creepiness any day, against almost anyone.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2019, 12:06:37 AM »

I mean, if that's the talking point, Trump will just pay some random woman to say Biden sexually assaulted her and file a phony lawsuit against him.
Hollywood
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2019, 12:13:07 AM »

Am I the only one who has noticed that both trump and our very own Atlas trump-cultist, Hollywood, is showing fear that Biden could be the Dem nominee?

Remember when you said the exact same thing in 2016 after I told you Bernie Sanders had a better shot winning the states Hillary lost in the Midwest?  Even Biden could have beat Trump that year.  This version of Biden is one of the shakiest front runners the Democrats have ever put up.  He's basically McCain in a constant fugue state.
Hollywood
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2019, 12:39:45 AM »

The shoulder-rubbing and pool kid comment will become gospel among Trumpsters, just like the bs about Hillary's health, her emails, or Bill's misconduct. It might hurt him among some voters, but I doubt it will be decisive or significant as a factor.

Biden has one clear-cut, iron-clad defense against any anxieties about his creepiness: Not a single human being on Earth has ever alleged Biden has committed any sort of sexual misconduct of any kind, whatsoever.
I am willing to bet that that will stay the case. Unlike Trump, who has literally dozens of sexual misconduct allegations against him, some originating before he ever entered politics. Plus, Access Hollywood. Trump loses in a battle over creepiness any day, against almost anyone.

Nobody needs to accuse Biden of anything, because he admitted it on stage.  I'm not even saying I think he did anything.  I don't.  I think he's becoming easy prey for Trump.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2019, 12:55:18 AM »

Nobody needs to accuse Biden of anything, because he admitted it on stage.  I'm not even saying I think he did anything.  I don't.  I think he's becoming easy prey for Trump.

He didn't admit anything. He said he was swimming at a pool when he was a teenager, and a child would play with his leg hairs. Then he said that he likes it when kids sit on his lap. I think this is weird and uncomfortable, however the interpretation that gives him the benefit of the doubt (considering nobody has ever accused him of sexual misconduct) is that this is no different from a guy who works as a Mall Santa saying that he likes it when the kids sit on his lap to ask him for presents. If you wanna be fair, you have to admit that it's not automatically pedophilic to show a platonic affection for children or enjoying their company.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2019, 06:41:06 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2019, 06:45:17 AM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

So now the "Dems too far left" crowd is resorting to INTERNATIONAL elections to prove that Democrats need to "moderate"? This is getting absurd.

I mean, we also use the 2018 midterms, but nobody seems to listen.

I’ve heard that argument before, but I don’t see the point. More moderate Democrats won their primaries, so? Plenty of progressives won in competitive districts/states as well. People mainly bring up Gillum, who underperformed the more moderate Nelson by a whopping 0.3%. Not exactly an argument that progressive Democrats are doomed to lose like McGovern.

It's more about the dozens of red seats flipped, universally by normie Dems, while the promised "revolution" of progressives (in particular, JusticeDems) resulted in 0 flips.

See, this is where you begin to have a point. That being said, we've also made some flips in lower-level elections (most notably Lee Carter) and gotten a lot of more conservative elements out of office. While Crowley's loss had to do more with his distance from the district (an establishment Democrat who actually lived in Queens would have beaten AOC), and Capuano's loss had to do with a generational passing of the torch. We beat the Costa family in PA. We took Philadelphia's DA position. While these seats may not have as much impact as Congressional seats, the Justice Democrats have proven that they can push the party to the left, and occasionally in swing seats as well.

I also believe Kara Eastman would have won if the DCCC didn't throw a tantrum and take their ball home because Ashford lost. (There's also the fact that the crowd who was so angry about Heath Mello was silent when the DCCC tried to crown a pro-lifer as their Congressional candidate, but that's none of my business). With more support, the seat is definitely flippable, and I would hope they put more effort into flipping this seat if she wins again.

Other than that, most primary losses were because of other flaws. Whitmer was progressive enough on every issue except healthcare (which is more of a national issue than a state issue). Laura Moser wasn't from the district, and Brent Welder had nebulous ties as well. The left failed because of poor candidate quality, or in the case of Abdul El-Sayed, just went up against a better candidate.

Basically, we'll take care of Lipinski and Cuellar. Ideally, we knock off a few more, like Steny Hoyer and Tom Suozzi. Hopefully Ted Terry catches fire too, but I highly doubt it. Either way, I'm sure your wing of the party will do their jobs. I think your fears about the JDs are a bit overblown.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2019, 01:39:07 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2019, 01:46:13 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Remember when you said the exact same thing in 2016 after I told you Bernie Sanders had a better shot winning the states Hillary lost in the Midwest?  Even Biden could have beat Trump that year.  This version of Biden is one of the shakiest front runners the Democrats have ever put up.  He's basically McCain in a constant fugue state.

No, I don't remember you saying that to me (but it's nice for you to just make it up).
Nor am I in a definitive belief that Sanders would have won the 2016 general election (vs Hillary's results).
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

LOL.
Your belief that trump has some kind of "advantage" over Biden, on accusing Biden of supposed "perverted acts" is hilarious.
I dare trump to bring-up something like this in a debate ... he would get pulverized to beach sand in two minutes flat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2019, 07:36:14 PM »

The criticism of Joe is that he doesnt defend himself; consequently,  when everytime the media or Harris, comes up and attacks Joe, he comes out with an endorsement and Carol Mosley-Braun had to come out, instead of Joe himself, defending himself.  I think, this is why, Joe still might lose the primary.

Voters see that and arent impressed by him hiding behind endorsements, when he is attacked; consequently,  when Obama was under attacked, everyone would say Where's Jo's Biden? When he was Veep. This is why Biden refused to run in 2016, due to fact, he would get the bum wrap, the media was giving Obama; consequently,  he runs in 2020, 4 yrs after the fact😖😖😖
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2019, 11:55:20 AM »

This ad is going up on the air in South Carolina. This will resonate more than Bernie Sanders railing against "the estabwishment".
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2019, 12:15:50 PM »

The economy will be a winning issue for Trump. This suggests that maybe Biden’s message of “return to normalcy” will be more effective than Warren and Sanders’ messages of economic inequality. If voters feel as comfortable as they do with their economic well-being on Election Day as they do today, they may not want to vote for rocking the boat. Meanwhile, if they dislike Trump on Election Day as much as they do today, they may vote him out regardless.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »

Not according to his Deputy Campaign Manager. It would be an unwise move, even if by mid 2023 he decides to not to run again, should be get elected in 2020.

catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2019, 03:44:07 PM »

Not according to his Deputy Campaign Manager. It would be an unwise move, even if by mid 2023 he decides to not to run again, should be get elected in 2020.

I mean, if Malaysia elected a 90-yo Prime Minister, I guess we could have an 80-yo President? Biden would be 86 at the end of a hypothetical second term. That would be older than I any serving non-dictator/royal world leader I could find, even in history (surely there's someone older).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2019, 04:26:45 PM »

He’s not running for a second term.

He and his team can fake it until after the 2022 midterms.
Pick Up the Phone

« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2019, 08:34:21 PM »

I mean, if Malaysia elected a 90-yo Prime Minister, I guess we could have an 80-yo President? Biden would be 86 at the end of a hypothetical second term. That would be older than I any serving non-dictator/royal world leader I could find, even in history (surely there's someone older).

It's exceptional but not completely unheard of. Konrad Adenauer, Germany's first Chancellor after WWII, took office at the tender age of 73 and governed for more than 14 years. When he finally resigned in October 1963 (he was rather unwilling to), he was just two months shy of his 88th birthday. You also mentioned Malaysia's Mahathir Mohamad and there are most likely quite a few more (depending on who you count as "non-dictator/royal" of course). 

To be honest, our rapidly aging societies should better come to terms with the idea that an octogenarian (or even a nonagenarian) can be involved in politics as well. Such a decision should be made on the basis of an individual's mental and physical constitution and not because he/she crossed a magical age threshold.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2019, 08:47:19 PM »

As we see Biden fall again, as we get closer to primary election, Biden is failing again in IA, NH, NV and Cali, he is so boring and doesnt defend himself from attacks; consequently,  the Superdelegates were very wrong to endorse him. Hilary was beloved due to Bill Clinton having a boon economy,  Biden did virtually nothing as Veep. I rather see Bernie take it and I will vote for Booker or Stenya in the primary. Hope Jess Scarane beats Coons, stop Biden Dems

Biden when he was attacked by Harris didnt defend himself,  he had Carol Mosley-Braun take up for him
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2019, 09:51:27 PM »

As we see Biden fall again, as we get closer to primary election, Biden is failing again in IA, NH, NV and Cali, he is so boring and doesnt defend himself from attacks; consequently,  the Superdelegates were very wrong to endorse him. Hilary was beloved due to Bill Clinton having a boon economy,  Biden did virtually nothing as Veep. I rather see Bernie take it and I will vote for Booker or Stenya in the primary. Hope Jess Scarane beats Coons, stop Biden Dems

Biden when he was attacked by Harris didnt defend himself,  he had Carol Mosley-Braun take up for him

This is laughably incoherent and inaccurate
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2019, 09:54:52 PM »

Besides the PM of Malaysia, Tunisia had a President elected in a free election at age 88 who died recently at 92.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2019, 10:37:24 PM »

This is laughably incoherent and inaccurate

That's classic olawakandi!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies