Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:41:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 90630 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: January 28, 2020, 04:03:25 PM »

Is this a thing Biden actually believes, that transgender equality, whatever that means, should be pushed with the same urgency as civil rights for blacks in the 60s (even though that actually involved a lot of compromise)?  Or is it just some a social media person trying to knock Bernie for the Rogan endorsement? 
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #601 on: January 28, 2020, 05:38:49 PM »

Lulz

henster
YaBB God

« Reply #602 on: January 28, 2020, 05:58:02 PM »

Lulz

Do people really feel confident with this guy in the GE?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #603 on: January 28, 2020, 05:59:14 PM »

Lulz

Do people really feel confident with this guy in the GE?

Apparently the idiots that run the DNC feel like he’s the safe bet, which should tell you all you need to know
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #604 on: January 28, 2020, 06:21:17 PM »

Is this a thing Biden actually believes, that transgender equality, whatever that means, should be pushed with the same urgency as civil rights for blacks in the 60s (even though that actually involved a lot of compromise)?  Or is it just some a social media person trying to knock Bernie for the Rogan endorsement? 

Where did he say that in the tweet? He's clearly just saying that it is the current group of people who are under attack by our govt. Considering they were just banned from serving in the military and Trump has proposed policies which could prevent them from getting emergency medical treatment under the guise of "religious freedom". The suicide/murder rates of trans people are also much higher than the average.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #605 on: January 28, 2020, 06:38:04 PM »

Biden is playing a dangerous game right now saying stuff like this.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #606 on: January 28, 2020, 06:39:58 PM »

This last page contains multiple examples of a man who thinks he's losing.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #607 on: January 28, 2020, 06:52:35 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2020, 08:08:00 PM by Statilius the Epicurean »

“I’m not going to make judgments now,” Biden told reporters in Muscatine, six days before the Iowa caucuses. “I just think that it depends upon how we treat one another between now and the time we have a nominee.”

When did this ludicrous narrative start that it's beyond the pale to attack any other candidate running in a primary?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #608 on: January 28, 2020, 06:55:08 PM »

Party unity is always a one way street for the establishment. Bernie pledged he would support the nominee no matter what.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #609 on: January 28, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »

Everybody has scandals, and one will be made for you if you dont have one. The issue is how you address it and whether you are likable enough for people to accept it.

Hillary had her hobnobbing with Wall Street (among others) and failed on both counts. Obama had Jeremiah Wright, but he succeeded on both counts. Kerry and Dukakis had made up scandals (Swiftboat, Willie Horton), and neither really addressed it. Bill Clinton had zipper problems but he was likable (though I suspect most voters didnt really buy his attempts to address them). I guess Gore was the exception since I dont recall a scandal then. For Biden, he is likable but we will see after the impeachment "trial" whether or not he addresses it.

This pattern doesn't hold if you have god on your side, as R voters think they do in recent years.

Gore invented The Internet and put things in a lockbox.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #610 on: January 28, 2020, 07:01:25 PM »

He didn't.

"Corrects to reflect that Biden was questioned on whether Sanders could unite the party as nominee, not whether Biden would support Sanders if he’s the nominee."
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #611 on: January 28, 2020, 07:02:11 PM »

Still an overflow of canine sweat.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #612 on: January 28, 2020, 08:04:00 PM »

Lulz

How many times now has Biden responded to criticism by telling someone "Go vote for someone else"?

God, he's such an asshole.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #613 on: January 28, 2020, 08:53:22 PM »

Lulz

How many times now has Biden responded to criticism by telling someone "Go vote for someone else"?

Did he touch that guy's zipper? Creepy old Joe!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #614 on: January 28, 2020, 09:24:22 PM »

After all of these months, you guys are STILL posting these videos as if anyone cares or if they will have any effect on the polls whatsoever. Get a grip, people.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #615 on: January 28, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »

Where did he say that in the tweet? He's clearly just saying that it is the current group of people who are under attack by our govt. Considering they were just banned from serving in the military and Trump has proposed policies which could prevent them from getting emergency medical treatment under the guise of "religious freedom". The suicide/murder rates of trans people are also much higher than the average.

People have variously claimed "the civil rights issue of our time" about immigrants or educational disparities or the criminal justice system, to draw attention to the need for action. If you make that claim, it a signal you intend to make it a political priority - unless it's just a rhetorical attempt to out-woke Sanders.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #616 on: January 28, 2020, 10:46:17 PM »

Lulz

Did he touch that guy's zipper? Creepy old Joe!

Watch the video, Biden is just being his usual gentle-touch self.

The guy was pretending to be a Biden supporter and came up to take a picture with him, and then tried to sabotage him with some on-camera accusations that Biden isn't good enough on climate change and implied that he doesn't actually support Biden (he later said he supports Steyer).  Biden was pretty pissed off about that and told him to go vote for someone else.  But he kept a measured tone throughout.

Given that Sanders supporters have spent the entire primary using these kinds of tactics to try to embarrass other candidates with on-camera gotcha moments, tough to blame Biden for assuming he was just another Sanders supporter trying to pull the same crap.  I don't think the guy meant any harm.  Just a misunderstanding and Biden was probably a little too quick to jump to conclusions.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #617 on: January 28, 2020, 11:39:18 PM »

People have variously claimed "the civil rights issue of our time" about immigrants or educational disparities or the criminal justice system, to draw attention to the need for action. If you make that claim, it a signal you intend to make it a political priority - unless it's just a rhetorical attempt to out-woke Sanders.

You added the part about "pushed with the same same urgency as 'blacks' in the 60s. That's what I was referring to
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #618 on: January 29, 2020, 12:59:50 AM »

Got bored tonight and plotted out Biden's 20 city campaign marathon that started 2/26:

If anyone knows the other candidates last week schedule I'll do the same.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #619 on: January 29, 2020, 03:01:04 AM »

TBH, I don't think Biden is even close to winning IA. There have been polls showing him ahead, but I just don't see it at this point. He may have a chance in NV, but after losing IA and NH the dynamics will have changed.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #620 on: January 29, 2020, 04:09:36 AM »

TBH, I don't think Biden is even close to winning IA. There have been polls showing him ahead, but I just don't see it at this point. He may have a chance in NV, but after losing IA and NH the dynamics will have changed.
Clinton didn’t win IA or NH and look at him....

The overwhelmingly white media is VASTLY OVERESTIMATING the effect of winning IA/NH on what voters in diverse states will do. Obama was tied and/or beating Hillary with black voters before IA. Bernie is down by 30-40 points. Nothing is going to fundamentally reverse this.

The fundamentals for Biden remain strong in huge states like TX and FL. He just needs to stay focused and on message so we can send the Berners to the dustbin of history.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #621 on: January 29, 2020, 04:58:29 AM »

Clinton didn’t win IA or NH and look at him....

The overwhelmingly white media is VASTLY OVERESTIMATING the effect of winning IA/NH on what voters in diverse states will do. Obama was tied and/or beating Hillary with black voters before IA. Bernie is down by 30-40 points. Nothing is going to fundamentally reverse this.

The fundamentals for Biden remain strong in huge states like TX and FL. He just needs to stay focused and on message so we can send the Berners to the dustbin of history.

TX has a very young electorate and a third of the primary electorate will be Hispanics, so Sanders could easily over perform expectations and make it quite close if he has momentum.

I think you're overestimating both how decisive the black vote will be and how uniform it will be, Sanders is leading among young black voters and gradually gaining among black voters in general. Once it's a two horse race he'll probably get 25-30% of AA voters, that should be enough.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #622 on: January 29, 2020, 05:55:01 AM »

Whoa. Not nice. Biden have become anxious and bitter lately. Trump managed to get under his skin with his Hunter attacks, I guess. While Bernie is surging...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #623 on: January 29, 2020, 08:57:45 AM »

My former #1 continues to Tumble way down my rankings. Almost no chance I vote for him now. Tom Steyer will be my #2 and likely vote if he's still around.
JG

« Reply #624 on: January 29, 2020, 09:11:42 AM »

Whoa. Not nice. Biden have become anxious and bitter lately. Trump managed to get under his skin with his Hunter attacks, I guess. While Bernie is surging...

This is embarassing.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies