Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:30:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 89667 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2019, 10:34:22 PM »

God help us if this moron gets the nomination

Joe Biden is worried the Republican Party might get 'clobbered.'

"It’s not like there’s going to be some great epiphany and people are going to wake up and go, 'oh my God, I'm now a Democrat.' And if you hear people on the rope line saying, ‘I'm a Republican,’ I say, ‘Stay a Republican.’ Vote for me but stay a Republican, because we need a Republican Party."

He later added that he's concerned about what would happen if the Republican Party was totally "clobbered."

"I'm really worried that no party should have too much power," he said. "You need a countervailing force."

I'm tempted to say Biden at this point is worse than Trump--while the Republican government is essentially evil at this point, Biden sees this evil, acknowledges it (by running against it) and still thinks it's an acceptable thing we should keep around.

He is. I never thought I’d say this, but if it’s between Bernie and Biden, I will refuse to vote for Biden in the general election. Giving any more credence to the Republicans as a legimitate party that is capable of governing would be worse than letting Trump get a second term to further destroy the GOP brand.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2019, 10:35:11 PM »

Joe Biden thinking that the Republicans don’t deserve to be taught a lesson for their embrace of a proto-fascist because he thinks politics has to be nice and fair is downright embarrassing. This is the same guy who gave a eulogy for Strom Thurmond and proudly proclaimed that Delaware was a slave state. He’s a joke of a candidate if he truly believes what he said.

In all fairness....he was saying the same thing about the GOP during Watergate back in 1973:

Also....let's not forget....Watergate was actually #BothSides fault:

But dont worry....this time it'll be different! Uncle Joe is just pretending to be for bipartisanship.

HOW DARE HE!!!!!

Saying a 1 party state is bad? WTF IS THIS MAN SMOKING

The only TRUE debate remaining is whether the "normal" Trumplicans (he-he I'm so funny) should be simply re-educated or arrested. For the rest, NO MERCY!!! TRAITOR MOSCOW MITCH TO THE GUILLOTINE!!!
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2019, 10:38:06 PM »

Joe Biden thinking that the Republicans don’t deserve to be taught a lesson for their embrace of a proto-fascist because he thinks politics has to be nice and fair is downright embarrassing. This is the same guy who gave a eulogy for Strom Thurmond and proudly proclaimed that Delaware was a slave state. He’s a joke of a candidate if he truly believes what he said.

In all fairness....he was saying the same thing about the GOP during Watergate back in 1973:

But dont worry....this time it'll be different! Uncle Joe is just pretending to be for bipartisanship.

HOW DARE HE!!!!!

The only TRUE debate remaining is whether the "normal" Trumplicans (he-he I'm so funny) should be simply re-educated or arrested. For the rest, NO MERCY!!! TRAITOR MOSCOW MITCH TO THE GUILLOTINE!!!

One party rule would indeed be far better than letting the Republican Party share power
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2019, 10:40:44 PM »

Well no duh his favorables have decreased, he's been the victim of a media onslaught for months straight!

Who hasn't been?

And no, 30% in an 18 candidate primary against someone who got 45% of the vote in the last primary is not a "bad showing."

It makes him the frontrunner, but it doesn't compare favorably against historical frontrunners, behind whom Biden also lags in endorsements and fundraising.

By the way, Sanders has run a flawed campaign and the concerns about his health are even more serious in the wake of his heart attack. 15% and a tie for second place is an embarrassing showing at this stage. If Sanders were the only remaining credible challenger, Biden would not have much about which to worry.

I know you do not like Biden because he is a zombie or whatever, but letting it affect your predictions so heavily is not a good look.

Who is making predictions?

To be clear, I don't particularly like any of the leading candidates in this cycle. But I'm not here to evangelize. You might consider doing the same.
I like Joe Biden, but I can also recognize that he is past his due date to a degree (though still the best in a fairly disappointing field). Because of this, while I do support him, it does not come from a place of deep rooted enthusiasm, and as such, I have no desire to twist reality in order to defend him. I do think, however, that he has withstood a media onslaught, similar to that of someone who is already the nominee and far more than anything experienced by anyone else, and yet his standing in the primary is unchanged and he continues to overperform Bernie by 1-2 in the general election polls.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2019, 10:42:48 PM »

"It’s not like there’s going to be some great epiphany and people are going to wake up and go, 'oh my God, I'm now a Democrat.' And if you hear people on the rope line saying, ‘I'm a Republican,’ I say, ‘Stay a Republican.’ Vote for me but stay a Republican, because we need a Republican Party."

He later added that he's concerned about what would happen if the Republican Party was totally "clobbered."

"I'm really worried that no party should have too much power," he said. "You need a countervailing force."

I'm tempted to say Biden at this point is worse than Trump--while the Republican government is essentially evil at this point, Biden sees this evil, acknowledges it (by running against it) and still thinks it's an acceptable thing we should keep around.

He is. I never thought I’d say this, but if it’s between Bernie and Biden, I will refuse to vote for Biden in the general election. Giving any more credence to the Republicans as a legimitate party that is capable of governing would be worse than letting Trump get a second term to further destroy the GOP brand.

Between Bernie and Biden? Did you mean Trump?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2019, 10:45:44 PM »

I’m operating under the assumption that the primaries unfold between Bernie and Biden. I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call. If the Supreme Court was at stake, my opinion would be different, but we’re already f—ked on that front anyway.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2019, 10:55:44 PM »

I’m operating under the assumption that the primaries unfold between Bernie and Biden. I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call. If the Supreme Court was at stake, my opinion would be different, but we’re already f—ked on that front anyway.
I strongly disagree with your positions but even assuming they are axioms, the supreme court is bad but could get way worse. TBH, I don't see RBG hanging on until 2025 but if Biden or any other dem wins in 2020, we could probably have her retire during the first month and maybe get that seat (I would not put it past republicans to hold up the seat for 4 years, but we have a better shot at filling it than we would with 4 more years of Trump.) And of course, Biden is just saying he is gonna do what Obama did not admit to, and I could see us winning in 2024 if he steps down and we get someone like Duckworth running considering the emerging sunbelt coalition.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2019, 11:00:50 PM »

Biden is a hot mess but he’s going to be the nominee. We are going to have to work to get as many Democrats elected as possible to hold his ass accountable. Don’t know what else to say to the detractors.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2019, 11:01:19 PM »

I have zero interest in a Biden Presidency with a Republican senate that will inevitably block every single one of his appointments no matter what, even as he bends back over heels to cater to them. Hopefully enough Democrats agree with me for it not have to come to to a choice of lesser evils.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2019, 11:03:22 PM »

The more Biden talks, the more vindicated I feel in my decision not to support this senile gasbag.  But at least he's telling people he'll let the Republicans walk all over him before anybody votes; that way no one will feel disappointed when his do-nothing administration changes, well, absolutely nothing.

Howie Hawkins is a good man, and I'll be proud to cast my vote for him next year.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2019, 11:04:51 PM »

I have zero interest in a Biden Presidency with a Republican senate that will inevitably block every single one of his appointments no matter what, even as he bends back over heels to cater to them. Hopefully enough Democrats agree with me for it not have to come to to a choice of lesser evils.
Unfortunately a lot of people buy this type of stuff, especially considering those voting for Biden like him due to him being moderate and associated with Obama.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2019, 11:09:10 PM »

Unfortunately a lot of people buy this type of stuff, especially considering those voting for Biden like him due to him being moderate and associated with Obama.

There’s a big difference between catering to right-leaning voters and catering to an openly hostile Congressional GOP. Look at JBE for how to successfully do the former without being stupid enough to do the latter like Biden wants to.

I will do my part and hope that in the event Biden is unfortunately the nominee that he does just well enough for Democrats to make gains in Congress and the Senate while still barely losing overall. A Trump second-term with a looming six-year itch Election would do far more to advance the Progressive agenda than anything Biden would be able or willing to do.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2019, 11:16:28 PM »

Honestly, if it’s between a Trump presidency with a Democratic Congress and a Biden presidency with a Republican Senate, I’d almost certainly take the latter.

So I take it that if you were in my shoes you would be sympathetic to my argument
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2019, 11:27:06 PM »

There’s a big difference between catering to right-leaning voters and catering to an openly hostile Congressional GOP. Look at JBE for how to successfully do the former without being stupid enough to do the latter like Biden wants to.

I will do my part and hope that in the event Biden is unfortunately the nominee that he does just well enough for Democrats to make gains in Congress and the Senate while still barely losing overall. A Trump second-term with a looming six-year itch Election would do far more to advance the Progressive agenda than anything Biden would be able or willing to do.

IMO, a Biden presidency would be similar to if John Kerry had won in 2004: The Congress would of stayed in GOP hands blocking any legislation and Kerry would of been clobbered in 2008 over the recession leading to a landslide for the GOP.

I can't see anything good coming out of Biden winning particularly if the Senate doesnt flip and/or RBG passes and is replaced by Trump. The GOP will obstruct him while he begs for bipartisanship, followed by the inevitable Dem losses in the midterms like in 1994 and 2010. The GOP Congress will then vote to impeach him for the Ukraine scandal and then he loses in 2024.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2019, 11:30:34 PM »

IMO, a Biden presidency would be similar to if John Kerry had won in 2004: The Congress would of stayed in GOP hands blocking any legislation and Kerry would of been clobbered in 2008 over the recession leading to a landslide for the GOP.

I can't see anything good coming out of Biden winning particularly if the Senate doesnt flip and/or RBG passes and is replaced by Trump. The GOP will obstruct him while he begs for bipartisanship, followed by the inevitable Dem losses in the midterms like in 1994 and 2010. The GOP Congress will then vote to impeach him for the Ukraine scandal and then he loses in 2024.

That’s pretty much exactly how it will unfold if Biden wins, barring a huge Democratic wave in the Senate. It’s just not worth the cost. And just our luck too, there’ll probably be a recession in a Biden term, and Democrats will get destroyed like freaking 1980 come 2024
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2019, 11:41:06 PM »

That’s pretty much exactly how it will unfold if Biden wins, barring a huge Democratic wave in the Senate. It’s just not worth the cost. And just our luck too, there’ll probably be a recession in a Biden term, and Democrats will get destroyed like freaking 1980 come 2024

and if Warren wins and there is a Republican Senate or at best 50-51 Dem senators how would that change things anymore lol.

In that cause 2024 still would be 1980
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2019, 11:44:08 PM »

and if Warren wins and there is a Republican Senate or at best 50-51 Dem senators how would that change things anymore lol.

In that cause 2024 still would be 1980

At least with her she’d have the metaphorical balls to make recess appointments and Executive Orders. Biden almost certainly would not. Not that I have much faith in her to get much passed through Congress either, especially if Democrats have to rely on Manchin and Sinema to get stuff through the Senate.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2019, 12:18:18 AM »

You people saying you wouldn't support Biden in the general, because your fantasy of a Trump second term is preferable to your strawman of a Biden presidency, are idiots.

Absolute.  F***ing.  Idiots.

You don't deserve the right to vote.  You are too stupid to participate in democracy.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2019, 12:37:03 AM »

You people saying you wouldn't support Biden in the general, because your fantasy of a Trump second term is preferable to your strawman of a Biden presidency, are idiots.

You don't deserve the right to vote.  You are too stupid to participate in democracy.

We dont deserve the right to vote if we dont vote for who you tell us to vote for? How is that democracy? Great logic you imbicile
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2019, 12:42:13 AM »

HOW DARE HE!!!!!

I know you're making this comment in bad faith, but there is a world of difference between calling for a one party state and saying one of the parties should suffer a landslide level loss because of bad policies and practices. I would say that, in the case of Watergate, Republicans did end up jumping ship and saving some of their reputation. My knowledge of Nixon-era politics is limited at best, but the retrospective paints Republicans as a check to Nixon's authority and as a group willing to challenge a president of their own party on the worst offenses.

The same cannot be said of the party in 2019. Republicans seem to have nearly unanimously decided to back Trump and, by extension, his actions. For Biden to make a public call for keeping the Republican party intact in the Trump era is to say that the issue with the party right now is Trump and Trump alone. It misses to preceding decades in which the Republicans have done everything in their power to obstruct, block, or just refuse to acknowledge their Democratic colleagues.

So, no, those calling Biden out on his bipartisan-styled blinders are not yelling, screaming snowflake straw men waving Soviet flags and calling for the execution of their opponents for thought-crimes, they're people who don't see value in a party that seems bent gerrymandering, court-packing, and election interference staying in power for yet another cycle.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2019, 12:46:24 AM »

We dont deserve the right to vote if we dont vote for who you tell us to vote for? How is that democracy? Great logic you imbicile

We don't let children vote, because they are incapable of logical thinking or reasoning about the future with any semblance of maturity or rationality.

If you call yourself a progressive, but would vote for Trump over Biden (or help Trump in some other way, by voting third party of staying home), and your reasoning is something utterly asinine like

I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call.

then you should not be voting, because you are so stupid that you are basically a child.

I don't care who you support in the primary.  Go waste your vote on Marianne Williamson for all I care.  But I can't believe the election is a year out and we're already hearing from these perennial Sarandonite idiots bragging about how they'll proudly be helping Trump next year by being too pure to vote for the Democratic nominee (if it's Biden).  I can't believe I'm the only one on this forum telling these people where they can shove their purity politics.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2019, 01:23:30 AM »

We don't let children vote, because they are incapable of logical thinking or reasoning about the future with any semblance of maturity or rationality.

If you call yourself a progressive, but would vote for Trump over Biden (or help Trump in some other way, by voting third party of staying home), and your reasoning is something utterly asinine like

I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call.

then you should not be voting, because you are so stupid that you are basically a child.

I don't care who you support in the primary.  Go waste your vote on Marianne Williamson for all I care.  But I can't believe the election is a year out and we're already hearing from these perennial Sarandonite idiots bragging about how they'll proudly be helping Trump next year by being too pure to vote for the Democratic nominee (if it's Biden).  I can't believe I'm the only one on this forum telling these people where they can shove their purity politics.

I’m far from a purist. I would gladly vote for a Democrat who doesn’t share my views on many things. I’d vote for Collin Peterson if I lived in his district. Or Joe Manchin. But the one thing I won’t bend on is endorsing a Democrat for President that thinks bipartisanship with a hostile Republican Congress is something we should strive for. Especially one who WANTS people to keep voting for these Republican anarchists! We’ve been there and done that way too many times to see how that movie ends.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2019, 01:25:59 AM »

I’m far from a purist. I would gladly vote for a Democrat who doesn’t share my views on many things. I’d vote for Collin Peterson if I lived in his district. Or Joe Manchin. But the one thing I won’t bend on is endorsing a Democrat for President that thinks bipartisanship with a hostile Republican Congress is something we should strive for. Especially one who WANTS people to keep voting for these Republican anarchists! We’ve been there and done that way too many times to see how that movie ends.

Oh I get it, you're just trolling.

Go back to AAD.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2019, 01:27:35 AM »

Oh I get it, you're just trolling.

Go back to AAD.

I am dead serious, Biden would leave the Democratic Party in a worse position than Carter left it.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2019, 01:50:37 AM »

We've been "due for a recession" for like nine years now.  Voting for Trump because you're sure the economy will go into recession before 2022 is lunacy.

I mean what's the point of taking Congress?  To pass policy, right?  But with Trump in power, none of your policy would get passed anyway.  In the meantime he'll still be finding new things to f*** up via pure executive power every single day.  Not to mention getting 1 if not 2 supreme court justices, since he only needs the Senate for that.

But sure, go vote for Trump so you can make Congressional gains in 2022.  Then vote for Pence in 2024 so you can get even more Congressional gains.  Sure, you won't pass a damn sentence of policy with a Republican in the White House, NATO will be in shambles, and the world will be in flames from the destructive policies passed through executive order and ratified by a Republican supreme court, but man 2028 is gonna be so lit!

This whole thing is just the latest excuse people are using to rationalize not voting for Biden.  If you want to vote for Trump, or you're a child who only leaves your mom's basement to vote for Sanders, just own it, stop lying that it's some Rube Goldberg advanced strategy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies