Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:01:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 90402 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2019, 01:55:28 AM »

I live in my dad’s attic thank you very much
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2019, 02:01:18 AM »

Two other things I want to add, for the benefit of those who think our entire political strategy should revolve around recessions:

1) The 2008 recession is an extreme case of what a recession can be.  It was far more damaging, and lasted far longer, than previous recessions.  George W Bush had a recession early in his presidency, and it didn't hurt him much.  Reagan had two recessions in his first term.  Whatever recession comes will probably just be a normal recession, not something caused by massive, widespread fraud in a critical financial market.  It will drop the economy by 10-15% and be over within a year.  If it happens early in the first term, we'll be recovered and well into a bull market by the midterms.

2) There isn't any timeline for when a recession has to occur.  Clinton went his entire presidency without a recession.

So you spend all this time counting on a recession to strike in Trump's first term, damaging him so much that we sweep the midterms.  But in reality, that recession probably won't happen at all, and if it does happen it will most likely be relatively quick and painless, and forgotten by the midterms.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2019, 02:11:05 AM »

Two other things I want to add, for the benefit of those who think our entire political strategy should revolve around recessions:

1) The 2008 recession is an extreme case of what a recession can be.  It was far more damaging, and lasted far longer, than previous recessions.  George W Bush had a recession early in his presidency, and it didn't hurt him much.  Reagan had two recessions in his first term.  Whatever recession comes will probably just be a normal recession, not something caused by massive, widespread fraud in a critical financial market.  It will drop the economy by 10-15% and be over within a year.  If it happens early in the first term, we'll be recovered and well into a bull market by the midterms.

2) There isn't any timeline for when a recession has to occur.  Clinton went his entire presidency without a recession.

So you spend all this time counting on a recession to strike in Trump's first term, damaging him so much that we sweep the midterms.  But in reality, that recession probably won't happen at all, and if it does happen it will most likely be relatively quick and painless, and forgotten by the midterms.

1. The Early 80s Recession isnt a good example to use as an mild recession lol , it was a double than triple dip recession and the economy was just as bad from late 79-mid 83 as it was from late 08-early 13
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2019, 02:17:16 AM »

1. The Early 80s Recession isnt a good example to use as an mild recession lol , it was a double than triple dip recession and the economy was just as bad from late 79-mid 83 as it was from late 08-early 13

Yeah true the early Reagan recession is a terrible example haha, don't know why I was mixing that up with some other memory.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2019, 02:24:40 AM »

You people saying you wouldn't support Biden in the general, because your fantasy of a Trump second term is preferable to your strawman of a Biden presidency, are idiots.

Absolute.  F***ing.  Idiots.

You don't deserve the right to vote.  You are too stupid to participate in democracy.

We dont deserve the right to vote if we dont vote for who you tell us to vote for? How is that democracy? Great logic you imbicile

We don't let children vote, because they are incapable of logical thinking or reasoning about the future with any semblance of maturity or rationality.

If you call yourself a progressive, but would vote for Trump over Biden (or help Trump in some other way, by voting third party of staying home), and your reasoning is something utterly asinine like

I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call.

then you should not be voting, because you are so stupid that you are basically a child.

I don't care who you support in the primary.  Go waste your vote on Marianne Williamson for all I care.  But I can't believe the election is a year out and we're already hearing from these perennial Sarandonite idiots bragging about how they'll proudly be helping Trump next year by being too pure to vote for the Democratic nominee (if it's Biden).  I can't believe I'm the only one on this forum telling these people where they can shove their purity politics.

I don't care who you support in the primary or general, pal.  You're finally going on iggy, and it ain't because of who you're voting for.  It's because you're a whiny little bitch.

Try acting your age.  Smoke a joint.  Get laid.  Clearly this forum is too much for you.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2019, 02:27:54 AM »

Being put on ignore because you raged over a post about why Democrats shouldn't vote for Trump in 2020 #JustAtlasThings
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2019, 02:36:21 AM »

Lovely night-time entertainment, gentlemen.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2019, 02:42:23 AM »

Biden's take on the GOP is wishful thinking at best and naive at worst. As member of the Obama Admin, he should know better. The GOP is an obstructionist party that embraces far right policies, is in the pocket of special interests and a threat to our democracy. Its elected officials in congress are a bunch of cowards for selling out to Mr. Trump, the most unethical, corrupt and personally disgusting prez, and surrendering before their Fox "News" base. All because they put career and party over country. And these people won't change even if Mr. Trump goes down in flames next year. Let's be real here. Biden may know some of these congressional GOPers in private and thinks they are good people. But who cares if they are too cowardly to stand up to Mr. Trump's many violations or block everything to improve people's lives? I have zero respect for these GOPers in congress.

Biden certainly wishes the GOP would be a normal conservative party like the Canadian Tories or most Christan Democratic parties in Europe. But they have abandoned this many, many years ago. It may be there a few honorable GOP officials, like Gov. Baker, but they are not in congress.

Biden has not been my 1st choice, and I haven't decided who I will vote for in the CA Dem primary. It's going to be him, Warren or Butti. Anyone else beyond Sanders seems to have no chance either. For sure, I'll vote for any Dem nominee. Not that CA matters much though.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2019, 03:11:41 AM »

Biden's take on the GOP is wishful thinking at best and naive at worst. As member of the Obama Admin, he should know better. The GOP is an obstructionist party that embraces far right policies, is in the pocket of special interests and a threat to our democracy. Its elected officials in congress are a bunch of cowards for selling out to Mr. Trump, the most unethical, corrupt and personally disgusting prez, and surrendering before their Fox "News" base. All because they put career and party over country. And these people won't change even if Mr. Trump goes down in flames next year. Let's be real here. Biden may know some of these congressional GOPers in private and thinks they are good people. But who cares if they are too cowardly to stand up to Mr. Trump's many violations or block everything to improve people's lives? I have zero respect for these GOPers in congress.

Biden certainly wishes the GOP would be a normal conservative party like the Canadian Tories or most Christan Democratic parties in Europe. But they have abandoned this many, many years ago. It may be there a few honorable GOP officials, like Gov. Baker, but they are not in congress.

Biden has not been my 1st choice, and I haven't decided who I will vote for in the CA Dem primary. It's going to be him, Warren or Butti. Anyone else beyond Sanders seems to have no chance either. For sure, I'll vote for any Dem nominee. Not that CA matters much though.

This is where I disagree with you , I dont think the GOP politicians today are more cowardly than they were in 1974. The main difference is back then the voters were no where near as partisian as they were and almost every state in the union could potentially be won by the other party in some circumstances.This then forced the politicians to be honorable and not accept Nixon's crimes.

On the other hand today its the opposite, where over 80% of the states and races are basically Safe for one party(with rare exceptions like Roy Moore situations) and due to that politicians real only realistic threat of reelection comes from primaries not general elections.

When that happens you get our current situation.

junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2019, 03:20:22 AM »

You people saying you wouldn't support Biden in the general, because your fantasy of a Trump second term is preferable to your strawman of a Biden presidency, are idiots.

Absolute.  F***ing.  Idiots.

You don't deserve the right to vote.  You are too stupid to participate in democracy.

We dont deserve the right to vote if we dont vote for who you tell us to vote for? How is that democracy? Great logic you imbicile

We don't let children vote, because they are incapable of logical thinking or reasoning about the future with any semblance of maturity or rationality.

If you call yourself a progressive, but would vote for Trump over Biden (or help Trump in some other way, by voting third party of staying home), and your reasoning is something utterly asinine like

I'm not voting for Trump and if Biden is the nominee....I will write in olawakandi
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2019, 03:37:15 AM »

This is where I disagree with you , I dont think the GOP politicians today are more cowardly than they were in 1974. The main difference is back then the voters were no where near as partisian as they were and almost every state in the union could potentially be won by the other party in some circumstances.This then forced the politicians to be honorable and not accept Nixon's crimes.

On the other hand today its the opposite, where over 80% of the states and races are basically Safe for one party(with rare exceptions like Roy Moore situations) and due to that politicians real only realistic threat of reelection comes from primaries not general elections.

GOPers in 1974 were much less cowards, even right wingers like Goldwater. If I remember correctly, it was him who told Nixon in August 1974 that he lacks support to survive the impeachment and that it's over. The base back then was less tribal for sure, what can be explained through the media landscape then and now. But evidence on Mr. Trump's misconduct is clear as day. And these congressional enablers are deflecting in phony excuses and embrace conspiracy theories that US Intel agencies debunked and warned them not to spread. If this is not a moment to put country over party, then what is? These senators and congressmen have no backbone. It's all about Mr. Trump's cult. Not even about conservative policies or Federalist Society judges. If Mr. Trump was removed, they would still get this stuff with Pence.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2019, 04:29:04 AM »

GOPers in 1974 were much less cowards, even right wingers like Goldwater. If I remember correctly, it was him who told Nixon in August 1974 that he lacks support to survive the impeachment and that it's over. The base back then was less tribal for sure, what can be explained through the media landscape then and now. But evidence on Mr. Trump's misconduct is clear as day. And these congressional enablers are deflecting in phony excuses and embrace conspiracy theories that US Intel agencies debunked and warned them not to spread. If this is not a moment to put country over party, then what is? These senators and congressmen have no backbone. It's all about Mr. Trump's cult. Not even about conservative policies or Federalist Society judges. If Mr. Trump was removed, they would still get this stuff with Pence.

The GOP of 1974 had no choice but to force Nixon out or the GOP very well could have been wiped out to 1936 levels. That is why they did what they did , as the defeat they actually were given in 1974 is nothing compared to the defeat they would have gotten if they stood with Nixon.

Today on the other Republican politicians are more likely to get reelected if they stand with Trump then be in support of impeachment while the exact opposite was true in 1974.  That is the main problem , the GOP politicians not standing up to Trump is the symptom of the problem not the the problem it self.

The problem is that over 80% of the races in our country(and that is a generous number) are Safe by the time of the general election which means the politicians really are at risk at losing their seat in primaries and not general elections which incentivizes politicians to be even more partisan .
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2019, 06:25:34 AM »

Why Twitter underestimates Joe Biden

Poll of the week: A new Ipsos poll shows that former Vice President Joe Biden leads the Democratic primary race nationwide among Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents with 26%. He's followed by Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders at 19% and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 13%. No other candidate hits double-digits.
This was the first national poll taken since California Sen. Kamala Harris suspended her candidacy.
What's the point: Biden is maintaining his national lead just as he has all year, while Harris decided to exit the race. That was not the way it was supposed to be at the beginning of the year. Biden's a gaffe machine who is ripped almost every day on Twitter. Harris seemed to be a candidate who could unite the Democratic Party with a devoted Twitter following.
I can't help but wonder whether part of Harris' failure was that her campaign cared too much about Twitter (to the extent that it wanted to ban President Donald Trump from it), while Biden continues to succeed because his campaign has made the bet that much of the Democratic Party isn't represented on the social media platform.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/08/politics/twitter-joe-biden-analysis/index.html
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2019, 07:10:59 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/09/joe-biden-road-trip-iowa-078314
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2019, 07:37:06 AM »

Absolute.  F***ing.  Idiots.

You don't deserve the right to vote.  You are too stupid to participate in democracy.

I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call.

then you should not be voting, because you are so stupid that you are basically a child.

I don't care who you support in the primary.  Go waste your vote on Marianne Williamson for all I care.  But I can't believe the election is a year out and we're already hearing from these perennial Sarandonite idiots bragging about how they'll proudly be helping Trump next year by being too pure to vote for the Democratic nominee (if it's Biden).  I can't believe I'm the only one on this forum telling these people where they can shove their purity politics.
I mean, he has a point. Considering we are due for a recession by the early 2020s, along with typical anti-presidential voting in midterm years, the next four years may be a bloodbath for whoever wins. If it weren’t Trump (who may be an insane fascist) I would be voting GOP for strategic reasons.

Why would you strategically vote for a more competent GOP figure, but not the useful idiot? Trump is an excellent base motivator.

Also, I've never considered myself progressive, just Anti-Deregulation.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2019, 12:00:00 PM »

Biden (and Pete) released his governing strategy plans today and you guessed it: bipartisanship will help him pass his agenda!

That's right...so go vote GOP in Congressional races as they are clamoring to help Biden govern. But remember guys....Med4all is the real pie in the sky fantasy
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2019, 01:15:21 PM »

Biden (and Pete) released his governing strategy plans today and you guessed it: bipartisanship will help him pass his agenda!
The sad part is that this is what voters want. I forgot the exact numbers but it was either a plurality or a bare majority of Democrats wanted the nominee to be someone who will work with Republicans. Voters are naive or plain willfully ignorant about how bloody politics is. But Joe is giving them what they want.

It's going to be him and we need to elect as many Democrats to pad/create the majority as possible.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2019, 01:19:38 PM »

The sad part is that this is what voters want. I forgot the exact numbers but it was either a plurality or a bare majority of Democrats wanted the nominee to be someone who will work with Republicans. Voters are naive or plain willfully ignorant about how bloody politics is. But Joe is giving them what they want.

It's going to be him and we need to elect as many Democrats to pad/create the majority as possible.

It won't matter because he'll still do the only thing Dems seem to know how to do anymore--ask Republicans to shape their agenda.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2019, 02:12:24 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2019, 12:07:24 PM by Xing »

"Wouldn't it be nice if everyone got along?"

In theory, yes. It would also be nice to get along with a hungry lion if the lion's idea of "getting along" didn't mean eating me alive. Compromise is a good thing when the goal is to the benefit of everyone and there's give and take coming from all sides. The Republican idea of "compromise" is the Democrats bending to their will, letting them have all the power, not lifting a finger to fight back against or call them out on their lies, and everyone on the left collectively shutting up. That's not an attitude you can reason or compromise with. You don't compromise with a kid throwing a tantrum and showing no concern for anyone else.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2019, 03:31:15 PM »

Higgins
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2019, 04:22:22 PM »

It won't matter because he'll still do the only thing Dems seem to know how to do anymore--ask Republicans to shape their agenda.

Sounds perfect! I'll accept anyone shaping the agenda so long as it isn't "woke" white men and women.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2019, 04:33:20 PM »

Sounds perfect! I'll accept anyone shaping the agenda so long as it isn't "woke" white men and women.
What about "woke" minorities?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2019, 04:58:13 PM »

Tbh, i feel the 2020 Dem primaries will end in one of two ways:

1) Like 2004 where Biden like John Kerry sweeps it up fairly quickly

-or-

2) Like 1988 where Biden, like Jesse Jackson, has most of his wins contained within the South while Sanders or Warren sweep the rest like Dukkakis and get the nomination.

I'm still hoping for the second scenario.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2019, 05:08:08 PM »

Tbh, i feel the 2020 Dem primaries will end in one of two ways:

1) Like 2004 where Biden like John Kerry sweeps it up fairly quickly

-or-

2) Like 1988 where Biden, like Jesse Jackson, has most of his wins contained within the South while Sanders or Warren sweep the rest like Dukkakis and get the nomination.

I'm still hoping for the second scenario.

And then get swept in November in a 40 state landslide?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2019, 05:15:23 PM »

And then get swept in November in a 40 state landslide?

Yes because the results of 1972/1980/1984/1988 will repeat forever until the end of time. Nobody can do anything about it unless someone moderate is nominated. The prophecies have been foretold in Nostradamus's quatrains combined with the newspaper horoscopes: No one left will ever get elected as voters fear Secular Gemini entering the galaxy plane of Uranus Scorpio which means 2020 will be like 1988 as Dump will run ads featuring Willie Horton
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies