Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:48:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 58
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 91790 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2019, 03:37:17 PM »
« edited: December 30, 2019, 03:51:11 PM by You're Still Going to Vote for Biden »

Exciting stuff folks

That's right, Joe Biden, the Very Good Democrat who wants to "save" the Republican Party and thinks they "don't deserve" to be beaten "too badly" wants to choose a Republican as his running mate. But Bernie's the one who's not a real Democrat. Ok.
Bernie Sanders literally is not a democrat, he is an independent. Also, he literally said he can not think of any republicans who he would want as a VP. Looking bipartisan is not a huge political plus like it used to be, but still it does not hurt.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2019, 04:19:42 PM »

He really is trying his damndest to burn away my past goodwill, isn't he?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2019, 04:22:32 PM »

Oh, Joe...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2019, 04:24:34 PM »

According to the Jacobin Magazine

Literally nobody is surprised that a writer from the Jacobin thinks this.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2019, 04:32:53 PM »

Stop. Y’all know that man is not putting a Republican on the ticket.

I do think it’s hella annoying how Democrats are always asked these stupid ass questions though.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2019, 04:51:51 PM »

As far as optics go, no Democrat could answer that question with a flat out no without the media spinning it as an overly partisan response that would alienate centrists and moderate Republicans who are considering voting Democratic. He had to make saying no seem softer. No one should seriously believe that any Republican is going to even be considered.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2019, 04:53:53 PM »

According to the Jacobin Magazine

You got that right. Sanders would probably lose too but make it closer.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2019, 05:03:21 PM »

I do think it’s hella annoying how Democrats are always asked these stupid ass questions though.

You're right, but Biden's also the one who chose to give that particular answer, further proving he's unfit for office.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2019, 05:35:25 PM »

You're right, but Biden's also the one who chose to give that particular answer, further proving he's unfit for office.

"I guess I could choose a Republican VP but I can't think of any off the top of my head" is a perfect answer to the question of would you choose a Republican. It allows you to look bipartisan while signalling that the GOP is bereft of statesmen. But okay, go off I guess.
Joey1996

« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2019, 05:52:43 PM »

Exciting stuff folks

Lmao
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2019, 06:00:04 PM »

That’s a reach. I could easily see Warren and Sanders saying something similar and the people on Twitter would have been just fine with it. Yes, Biden is naive as hell when it comes to the GOP but he would not put them on the ticket. He was just saying something to get them out of his face. Democrats aren’t allowed to come across as craven and hyper-partisan like the media allows the GOP to be.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2019, 06:01:26 PM »

That’s a reach. I could easily see Warren and Sanders saying something similar and the people on Twitter would have been just fine with it. Yes, Biden is naive as hell when it comes to the GOP but he would not put them on the ticket. He was just saying something to get them out of his face. Democrats aren’t allowed to come across as craven and hyper-partisan like the media allows the GOP to be.

I suspect that Bernie would give a curt no if asked if he'd consider picking a Republican as his running mate.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2019, 06:18:16 PM »

Welcome to GeneralMacArthur News, the channel for Biden supporters

Don't like people complaining about Medical Debt, GeneralMacArthur will rant about how random people support Sanders

Don't like Universal Healthcare, GeneralMacArthur will rant about that,

Claim to be the average voter but spend your free time searching up random Sanders supporters, GeneralMacArthur will talk about that

Don't like people not supporting Joe Biden, GeneralMacArthur will talk about that.

Welcome to GeneralMacArthur News, and our motto is f**k you if you support Sanders or Warren.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2019, 06:22:34 PM »

Don't like people complaining about Medical Debt, GeneralMacArthur will rant about how random people support Sanders

Claim to be the average voter but spend your free time searching up random Sanders supporters, GeneralMacArthur will talk about that

Don't like people not supporting Joe Biden, GeneralMacArthur will talk about that.

Welcome to GeneralMacArthur News, and our motto is f**k you if you support Sanders or Warren.

Paraphrasing me in a quote is heinous, vile slander.  I'm calling my lawyer.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2019, 06:38:05 PM »

lol are you still not over that
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2019, 06:40:54 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2019, 06:44:35 PM by CEO of Bernie Sanders »

Not sure how old this video is, but as a die hard Hillary supporter, I really appreciate that Biden said this. He's not my first choice, but I'd campaign my heart out for him if he's the nominee.

At the very least, I'm glad to see the man call out the media (which, by far, was the biggest outside factor that put us in our nightmare). No matter how you feel about Hillary or Kamala, they never got a fair shake.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2019, 06:54:38 PM »

I'll give you that, which is why I wish we'd get somebody who would rip control of the narrative out of Republican hands for once rather than playing by their rules. And really this goes for the party as a whole, not just Biden in particular.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2019, 07:07:35 PM »

lol are you still not over that

This is hilarious because I'm literally just making fun of you for constantly bringing it up in every thread.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2019, 07:09:12 PM »

As I said before: rent-free.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2019, 07:09:26 PM »

That Biden video talking about Hillary is 3 years old yet everyone keeps acting like he just said it last week or something.

I'd also wager that less than 10% of the people familiar with the "corn pop" video know that it's almost 3 years old.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2019, 07:16:50 PM »

That Biden video talking about Hillary is 3 years old yet everyone keeps acting like he just said it last week or something.

I'd also wager that less than 10% of the people familiar with the "corn pop" video know that it's almost 3 years old.

This is one criticism I just don't get. As the Dem VP, what else was he supposed to say about his own party's nominee?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2019, 07:19:41 PM »

I suspect that Bernie would give a curt no if asked if he'd consider picking a Republican as his running mate.
He hates the Democratic Party and constantly coddles Trump voters. I beg to differ.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2019, 08:10:51 PM »

I'll give you that, which is why I wish we'd get somebody who would rip control of the narrative out of Republican hands for once rather than playing by their rules. And really this goes for the party as a whole, not just Biden in particular.

This of course will never happen as long as the olds maintain their geriatric clutches on the party and its narrative, which invariably influences unwitting voters. Literally every mainstay of Democratic ideology and messaging ("we can't run too far to the left!", "people won't vote for somebody who supports [xx]!", etc) is built on the fact that olds remember Democrats losing two presidential elections in a landslide 40-50 years ago.

They've thus spent their entire lives being terrified of that occurring again, when the only variable still remaining from that bygone era is their decrepit selves. They'll force this on the masses until they're gone, and in the process, Democrats will continue to be shackled to outdated and completely irrelevant strategy.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2019, 09:45:18 PM »

He hates the Democratic Party and constantly coddles Trump voters. I beg to differ.
Come on man. I know you hate Bernie with every fiber of your being but you cant sit here and tell me Bernie would choose a GOP running mate. He's surrounding himself with plenty of people(Omar, Sarsour, AOC) that have almost no appeal to wcw and care deeply about social justice issues. Not saying Biden would ever choose a Republican, but he'd be more likely to than bernie.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #299 on: December 31, 2019, 03:14:32 AM »

Come on man. I know you hate Bernie with every fiber of your being but you cant sit here and tell me Bernie would choose a GOP running mate. He's surrounding himself with plenty of people(Omar, Sarsour, AOC) that have almost no appeal to wcw and care deeply about social justice issues. Not saying Biden would ever choose a Republican, but he'd be more likely to than bernie.

Of course, Biden is more likely to choose a republican as his running mate than Bernie. Why? Because Biden has actually done something in his time in Washington, remember the Violence Against Women Act, Biden wrote it and it passed the Senate with 61 votes for and 38  with a half dozen Republicans voting for it. If we're talking, who can win on a national debate stage it's Joe Biden he's done it twice before, If we're talking about experience it's Joe Biden who chaired the Senate Committee on the Judiciary and the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, before serving as Vice President to the last Democratic President of the United States, and if we're talking someone who will drive out the base come November, it's Joe Biden the Vice President to the first African American President of the United States, a strong background in organized labor, and a member of the working class that this party lost to Donald Trump. The working class is not racist because they supported Trump, the intellectuals on this forum will say they voted against their interests, but they didn't they voted for the candidate that seemed to give a damn about them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies