Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:01:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v3 (pg 45 - mass-dropout aftermath)  (Read 90377 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 06, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »

OP isn't even true.  Biden is polling better than Bernie in WI, MI, and every other swing state other than IA (where they are virtually tied vs Trump).  Often substantially better than Bernie.

Furthermore this is after Trump and the right have spent months in 100% attack mode against Biden, pushing a gish gallop of deplorable accusations and theories.  And it hasn't made a dent.  Sanders, as usual, gets treated with kid gloves by the right.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »

OP isn't even true.  Biden is polling better than Bernie in WI, MI, and every other swing state other than IA (where they are virtually tied vs Trump).  Often substantially better than Bernie.

Furthermore this is after Trump and the right have spent months in 100% attack mode against Biden, pushing a gish gallop of deplorable accusations and theories.  And it hasn't made a dent.  Sanders, as usual, gets treated with kid gloves by the right.

So was  Hilary and she lost justlike Biden will, when Trump unleash negative ads on Ujraine. Trump, says once Biden is nominated. he will use his money to attack Biden. Biden is losing ground to Trump and last WI poll showed Biden losing to Trump

Right, I'm sure Biden is the only candidate Trump would spend money attacking.  Anyone else and Trump would just play golf the whole campaign.

The only difference between Biden and the field in this regard is that Trump is attacking Biden now.  We don't have to imagine how a general election would look because it's unfolding before our eyes.  Biden is running ads against Trump.  Trump is running ads against Biden.  Fox News, Breitbart and right-wing talk radio are in 24/7 anti-Biden mode.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 05:08:11 PM »

Biden's yelling jag the other day was an embarrassment. It'd have been one thing if he'd said, "You're a damned liar," followed by a convincing explanation of why his son was on the board of a company he had no qualifications for. But getting mad without backing it up just proves it's a criticism that hurts... likely because it's true. The same with the pushup nonsense about his age. Biden is a walking disaster.

How many times does it need to be explained to you people that his son was qualified to be on the board?

How many times are Biden and his supporters expected to explain and re-explain and re-explain it before we're allowed to just say "shut up you Fox News zombie"
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »

Biden's yelling jag the other day was an embarrassment. It'd have been one thing if he'd said, "You're a damned liar," followed by a convincing explanation of why his son was on the board of a company he had no qualifications for. But getting mad without backing it up just proves it's a criticism that hurts... likely because it's true. The same with the pushup nonsense about his age. Biden is a walking disaster.

How many times does it need to be explained to you people that his son was qualified to be on the board?

How many times are Biden and his supporters expected to explain and re-explain and re-explain it before we're allowed to just say "shut up you Fox News zombie"

He qualified by being Hunter Biden, just as he qualified as a senior executive at Delaware based MBNA making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, as his first job out of law school. People know how the system works, and it stinks. Biden didn't show genuine emotion because he was being unfairly attacked. He showed genuine emotion because he knows the criticism is true and therefore it worries him that it'll be an effective liability against him. Biden's nepotism represents everything wrong with the system today and why people have long lost faith in the system.

Dude, he graduated from Yale Law.  That's as prestigious as it gets.

Hillary Rodham graduated from Yale Law and her first job was impeaching Nixon.  I suppose she got that job because she was a member of the famous Rodham family?

Smart people get good jobs.  This appears to be the scandal-of-the-week pattern this election cycle.  Joe Biden's son got good jobs.  Pete Buttigieg got good jobs.  Mike Bloomberg and Tom Steyer had such good jobs that they became billionaires.  If Deval Patrick was relevant people would be attacking him for his good jobs.

Is this the party we want?  Only knuckle-dragging morons and grocery-store clerks allowed?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 09:40:54 PM »

He qualified by being Hunter Biden, just as he qualified as a senior executive at Delaware based MBNA making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, as his first job out of law school. People know how the system works, and it stinks. Biden didn't show genuine emotion because he was being unfairly attacked. He showed genuine emotion because he knows the criticism is true and therefore it worries him that it'll be an effective liability against him. Biden's nepotism represents everything wrong with the system today and why people have long lost faith in the system.

Dude, he graduated from Yale Law.  That's as prestigious as it gets.

Hillary Rodham graduated from Yale Law and her first job was impeaching Nixon.  I suppose she got that job because she was a member of the famous Rodham family?

Smart people get good jobs. This appears to be the scandal-of-the-week pattern this election cycle.  Joe Biden's son got good jobs.  Pete Buttigieg got good jobs.  Mike Bloomberg and Tom Steyer had such good jobs that they became billionaires.  If Deval Patrick was relevant people would be attacking him for his good jobs.

Is this the party we want?  Only knuckle-dragging morons and grocery-store clerks allowed?

Way to mock the working class, and yet you wonder why more progressives don’t support your guy.

This stinks just like when Republicans attack AOC for being a former bartender.

"Knuckle-dragging morons" was in contrast to "smart people"

"Grocery-store clerks" was in contrast to "good jobs"

just to avoid any ambiguity.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »

Dude, he graduated from Yale Law.  That's as prestigious as it gets.

Hillary Rodham graduated from Yale Law and her first job was impeaching Nixon.  I suppose she got that job because she was a member of the famous Rodham family?

Smart people get good jobs.  This appears to be the scandal-of-the-week pattern this election cycle.  Joe Biden's son got good jobs.  Pete Buttigieg got good jobs.  Mike Bloomberg and Tom Steyer had such good jobs that they became billionaires.  If Deval Patrick was relevant people would be attacking him for his good jobs.

Is this the party we want?  Only knuckle-dragging morons and grocery-store clerks allowed?

You are confusing status with intellect. (Something far too common in America. For a prominent example, see: Trump, Donald.) Economic diversity and student outcomes at Yale University
The median family income of a student from Yale is $192,600, and 69% come from the top 20 percent. About 2.1% of students at Yale came from a poor family but became a rich adult.

With rare exceptions, prestigiously-credentialed and well-connected people get (very) good careers. Yes, Hunter Biden was qualified to be on the board of Burisma, by the standards on which the United States and Western international elite operate. But the underlying criticism revolves around a reasonably widespread perception that those standards are unjust, corrupt, and ultimately damaging to the general public. The "this was technically legal" defense is actively damaging in terms of its impact on the perceptions of much of the electorate.

I do not believe the Clinton family has broken any major laws related to charities, fundraising, etc regarding their wealth accumulation since the end of Bill Clinton's term. But that does not mean that what they, and many other prominent American politicians have done is not corrupt, it means we have terrible laws and very low standards regarding corruption by our political leaders. Americans can see what's going on. It's not like it isn't obvious! What people want is positive change, less corruption. In that context the, "this was technically legal" defense is rightfully seen in the public mind as an indictment, not exoneration.

(I'm not saying Biden cannot get elected because of this, or that Trump isn't himself crooked as hell. But I'm getting sick and tired of the idea that "technically legal" is a good defense. It isn't. It's a criticism of the system.)

You have to be smart to graduate from Yale Law.  Or at least to get good grades, which is a prerequisite for getting the kind of elite jobs we're talking about.  Trump isn't a counterexample as he didn't even get an MBA, probably because he wouldn't have been able to complete it.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 12:18:18 AM »

You people saying you wouldn't support Biden in the general, because your fantasy of a Trump second term is preferable to your strawman of a Biden presidency, are idiots.

Absolute.  F***ing.  Idiots.

You don't deserve the right to vote.  You are too stupid to participate in democracy.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 12:46:24 AM »

You people saying you wouldn't support Biden in the general, because your fantasy of a Trump second term is preferable to your strawman of a Biden presidency, are idiots.

You don't deserve the right to vote.  You are too stupid to participate in democracy.

We dont deserve the right to vote if we dont vote for who you tell us to vote for? How is that democracy? Great logic you imbicile

We don't let children vote, because they are incapable of logical thinking or reasoning about the future with any semblance of maturity or rationality.

If you call yourself a progressive, but would vote for Trump over Biden (or help Trump in some other way, by voting third party of staying home), and your reasoning is something utterly asinine like

I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call.

then you should not be voting, because you are so stupid that you are basically a child.

I don't care who you support in the primary.  Go waste your vote on Marianne Williamson for all I care.  But I can't believe the election is a year out and we're already hearing from these perennial Sarandonite idiots bragging about how they'll proudly be helping Trump next year by being too pure to vote for the Democratic nominee (if it's Biden).  I can't believe I'm the only one on this forum telling these people where they can shove their purity politics.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 01:25:59 AM »

We dont deserve the right to vote if we dont vote for who you tell us to vote for? How is that democracy? Great logic you imbicile

We don't let children vote, because they are incapable of logical thinking or reasoning about the future with any semblance of maturity or rationality.

If you call yourself a progressive, but would vote for Trump over Biden (or help Trump in some other way, by voting third party of staying home), and your reasoning is something utterly asinine like

I prefer a re-elected Trump w/Democratic House to a useless four-year Biden Presidency, and it’s not even a close call.

then you should not be voting, because you are so stupid that you are basically a child.

I don't care who you support in the primary.  Go waste your vote on Marianne Williamson for all I care.  But I can't believe the election is a year out and we're already hearing from these perennial Sarandonite idiots bragging about how they'll proudly be helping Trump next year by being too pure to vote for the Democratic nominee (if it's Biden).  I can't believe I'm the only one on this forum telling these people where they can shove their purity politics.

I’m far from a purist. I would gladly vote for a Democrat who doesn’t share my views on many things. I’d vote for Collin Peterson if I lived in his district. Or Joe Manchin. But the one thing I won’t bend on is endorsing a Democrat for President that thinks bipartisanship with a hostile Republican Congress is something we should strive for. Especially one who WANTS people to keep voting for these Republican anarchists! We’ve been there and done that way too many times to see how that movie ends.

Oh I get it, you're just trolling.

Go back to AAD.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 01:50:37 AM »

We've been "due for a recession" for like nine years now.  Voting for Trump because you're sure the economy will go into recession before 2022 is lunacy.

I mean what's the point of taking Congress?  To pass policy, right?  But with Trump in power, none of your policy would get passed anyway.  In the meantime he'll still be finding new things to f*** up via pure executive power every single day.  Not to mention getting 1 if not 2 supreme court justices, since he only needs the Senate for that.

But sure, go vote for Trump so you can make Congressional gains in 2022.  Then vote for Pence in 2024 so you can get even more Congressional gains.  Sure, you won't pass a damn sentence of policy with a Republican in the White House, NATO will be in shambles, and the world will be in flames from the destructive policies passed through executive order and ratified by a Republican supreme court, but man 2028 is gonna be so lit!

This whole thing is just the latest excuse people are using to rationalize not voting for Biden.  If you want to vote for Trump, or you're a child who only leaves your mom's basement to vote for Sanders, just own it, stop lying that it's some Rube Goldberg advanced strategy.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 02:01:18 AM »

Two other things I want to add, for the benefit of those who think our entire political strategy should revolve around recessions:

1) The 2008 recession is an extreme case of what a recession can be.  It was far more damaging, and lasted far longer, than previous recessions.  George W Bush had a recession early in his presidency, and it didn't hurt him much.  Reagan had two recessions in his first term.  Whatever recession comes will probably just be a normal recession, not something caused by massive, widespread fraud in a critical financial market.  It will drop the economy by 10-15% and be over within a year.  If it happens early in the first term, we'll be recovered and well into a bull market by the midterms.

2) There isn't any timeline for when a recession has to occur.  Clinton went his entire presidency without a recession.

So you spend all this time counting on a recession to strike in Trump's first term, damaging him so much that we sweep the midterms.  But in reality, that recession probably won't happen at all, and if it does happen it will most likely be relatively quick and painless, and forgotten by the midterms.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 02:17:16 AM »

Two other things I want to add, for the benefit of those who think our entire political strategy should revolve around recessions:

1) The 2008 recession is an extreme case of what a recession can be.  It was far more damaging, and lasted far longer, than previous recessions.  George W Bush had a recession early in his presidency, and it didn't hurt him much.  Reagan had two recessions in his first term.  Whatever recession comes will probably just be a normal recession, not something caused by massive, widespread fraud in a critical financial market.  It will drop the economy by 10-15% and be over within a year.  If it happens early in the first term, we'll be recovered and well into a bull market by the midterms.

2) There isn't any timeline for when a recession has to occur.  Clinton went his entire presidency without a recession.

So you spend all this time counting on a recession to strike in Trump's first term, damaging him so much that we sweep the midterms.  But in reality, that recession probably won't happen at all, and if it does happen it will most likely be relatively quick and painless, and forgotten by the midterms.

1. The Early 80s Recession isnt a good example to use as an mild recession lol , it was a double than triple dip recession and the economy was just as bad from late 79-mid 83 as it was from late 08-early 13

Yeah true the early Reagan recession is a terrible example haha, don't know why I was mixing that up with some other memory.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 02:27:54 AM »

Being put on ignore because you raged over a post about why Democrats shouldn't vote for Trump in 2020 #JustAtlasThings
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 04:29:27 PM »

So now the "Dems too far left" crowd is resorting to INTERNATIONAL elections to prove that Democrats need to "moderate"? This is getting absurd.

I mean, we also use the 2018 midterms, but nobody seems to listen.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2019, 03:32:30 AM »

So now the "Dems too far left" crowd is resorting to INTERNATIONAL elections to prove that Democrats need to "moderate"? This is getting absurd.

I’ve heard that argument before, but I don’t see the point. More moderate Democrats won their primaries, so? Plenty of progressives won in competitive districts/states as well. People mainly bring up Gillum, who underperformed the more moderate Nelson by a whopping 0.3%. Not exactly an argument that progressive Democrats are doomed to lose like McGovern.

It's more about the dozens of red seats flipped, universally by normie Dems, while the promised "revolution" of progressives (in particular, JusticeDems) resulted in 0 flips.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2019, 01:33:49 PM »

I’ve heard that argument before, but I don’t see the point. More moderate Democrats won their primaries, so? Plenty of progressives won in competitive districts/states as well. People mainly bring up Gillum, who underperformed the more moderate Nelson by a whopping 0.3%. Not exactly an argument that progressive Democrats are doomed to lose like McGovern.

It's more about the dozens of red seats flipped, universally by normie Dems, while the promised "revolution" of progressives (in particular, JusticeDems) resulted in 0 flips.

Not every progressive Democrat is a “Justice Dem”, and again, where is the evidence that had more progressive Democrats won primaries, fewer seats would have flipped? 2018 basically just shows that more moderate Democrats win primaries. Or do people really think that the more progressive Democrat would have lost CO-06 against Coffman?

I mean, it's a sliding scale of ideology, you have to make the cut somewhere.  I feel like people who explicitly aligned themselves with the Sanders-endorsed Cenk/Kulinski anti-DNC progressive organization, of which there were plenty, is a good barometer for who was supposed to be the harbingers of the revolution.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2019, 12:06:37 AM »

I mean, if that's the talking point, Trump will just pay some random woman to say Biden sexually assaulted her and file a phony lawsuit against him.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »

I don't think Harris would be good as VP at all.  She demonstrated in the primary that she's simply not a very good politician.  She opens herself up to easy attacks from both sides and isn't very good at defending against them.

As VP she would be a distraction, and if she became president she would be a poor party leader, bringing us more downballot losses.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2019, 02:49:39 PM »

OMG that clip of Biden at the end made me laugh way too hard.

Release your tax returns or SHUT. UP.

I f***ing love it.  Can't wait to hear that in a debate.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2019, 12:20:36 PM »

Just as a reminder, when you say "Jacobin", you're talking about Sunkara, who has been relentlessly pushing Bernie for years because he wants Bernie to forgive his medical debt:

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2019, 06:22:34 PM »

Welcome to GeneralMacArthur News, the channel for Biden supporters

Don't like people complaining about Medical Debt, GeneralMacArthur will rant about how random people support Sanders

Don't like Universal Healthcare, GeneralMacArthur will rant about that,

Claim to be the average voter but spend your free time searching up random Sanders supporters, GeneralMacArthur will talk about that

Don't like people not supporting Joe Biden, GeneralMacArthur will talk about that.

Welcome to GeneralMacArthur News, and our motto is f**k you if you support Sanders or Warren.

Paraphrasing me in a quote is heinous, vile slander.  I'm calling my lawyer.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2019, 07:07:35 PM »

Welcome to GeneralMacArthur News, the channel for Biden supporters

Don't like people complaining about Medical Debt, GeneralMacArthur will rant about how random people support Sanders

Don't like Universal Healthcare, GeneralMacArthur will rant about that,

Claim to be the average voter but spend your free time searching up random Sanders supporters, GeneralMacArthur will talk about that

Don't like people not supporting Joe Biden, GeneralMacArthur will talk about that.

Welcome to GeneralMacArthur News, and our motto is f**k you if you support Sanders or Warren.

Paraphrasing me in a quote is heinous, vile slander.  I'm calling my lawyer.

lol are you still not over that

This is hilarious because I'm literally just making fun of you for constantly bringing it up in every thread.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 07:09:26 PM »

That Biden video talking about Hillary is 3 years old yet everyone keeps acting like he just said it last week or something.

I'd also wager that less than 10% of the people familiar with the "corn pop" video know that it's almost 3 years old.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2019, 02:22:26 PM »

Ouch, guess Sanders doesn't beat Trump.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2019, 02:54:55 PM »

I don't see how this guy is "prison profiteering."  He runs a health care company that provides health insurance for prisoners.  Is simply anyone who runs a for-profit organization that's in any way connected to prisons a "prison profiteer"?

Even if he is, the progressive demand that you endorse 100% of the views and activities of 100% of your donors, or else you're a hypocrite, is just ridiculous.  I donated to Biden and there are several positions I don't agree with him on.  The Intercept could write an article saying "Joe Biden wants a two-state solution in Israel, but one of his top donors, GeneralMacArthur, wants Israel to occupy Palestine."

Stop reading The Intercept, guys.  It's just as bad as Breitbart when it comes to lying and spinning half-truths about the Democratic Party.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies