Katie Hill contemplated suicide after her resignation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:37:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Katie Hill contemplated suicide after her resignation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Katie Hill contemplated suicide after her resignation  (Read 4295 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2019, 06:29:42 PM »

To the people still slamming her, just leave her the f#ck alone now already. She's apologized, she's left congress, she's paying the price, she knows she did wrong, the rest is between her and God and not anyone else's business anymore. She does not need know it all self righteous keyboard warriors driving her to suicide, at some point you just got to know when the hell enough is enough already UGH!

Sorry it just pisses me off.

I certainly don't want to be talking about Katie Hill any further. She is out of Congress, and ought to be left in the pages of history. But I still don't think it is wrong to point out the hypocrisy of many of those who have posted here. Again, if Katie Hill were named Kenny Hill, and was a Republican rather than a Democrat, with the exact same circumstances as transpired in OTL, than the responses on here would be vastly different.

Again... no. They wouldn't. Go read any other thread about suicide and they're all sympathetic.

There might be a few bad comments here and there, but by throwing in the word "vastly," you killed your argument.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2019, 07:29:10 PM »

If a male Republican representative had potentially coerced a female staffer into this kind of sexual relationship, and he was contemplating suicide, Atlas would not be nearly this sympathetic.

Literally nobody here has patted her on the back about the affair, an allegation that remains unproven. You're also trying to strawman suicide... leave it to you to make such a callous and asinine comment. Great job on digging for that new low.

A new low? A NEW low? Hahahaha! You have no idea how low it can go!

Pinochet? Just a few??
It says a lot that I can't be 100% sure this is a joke.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2019, 07:38:00 PM »

If a male Republican representative had potentially coerced a female staffer into this kind of sexual relationship, and he was contemplating suicide, Atlas would not be nearly this sympathetic.

Literally nobody here has patted her on the back about the affair, an allegation that remains unproven. You're also trying to strawman suicide... leave it to you to make such a callous and asinine comment. Great job on digging for that new low.

You try so hard Sad
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2019, 07:53:19 PM »

The first amendment is non-negotiable. Michelle Carter was a political prisoner.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2019, 09:30:54 PM »

I try to find inspiration for my art in all places, even in the comments of people who might otherwise be unworthy of my attention.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2019, 10:02:13 PM »

Yes, we all know that this is a left-leaning forum, and you and all of the other whiners need to get over it.

Yet you literally whine because this forum is left leaning its too pro Israel. Maybe you need to get over Palestine?
I don't recall seeing you ever criticize our Jewish American posters for being invested in the issue, and yet you've criticized me for it multiple times.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2019, 10:11:19 PM »

Pinochet? Just a few??

It isn't lol. I can confirm almost everything here with posts from his history.
However the worst part is clearly supporting Le pen over Union busting Macron Purple heart
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2019, 10:29:11 PM »

Pinochet? Just a few??

It isn't lol. I can confirm almost everything here with posts from his history.
However the worst part is clearly supporting Le pen over Union busting Macron Purple heart

If you're talking about me, I don't support Le Pen.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2019, 11:40:02 PM »

This is so beautiful
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2019, 10:39:03 AM »

To the people still slamming her, just leave her the f#ck alone now already. She's apologized, she's left congress, she's paying the price, she knows she did wrong, the rest is between her and God and not anyone else's business anymore. She does not need know it all self righteous keyboard warriors driving her to suicide, at some point you just got to know when the hell enough is enough already UGH!

I certainly don't want to be talking about Katie Hill any further. She is out of Congress, and ought to be left in the pages of history. But I still don't think it is wrong to point out the hypocrisy of many of those who have posted here. Again, if Katie Hill were named Kenny Hill, and was a Republican rather than a Democrat, with the exact same circumstances as transpired in OTL, than the responses on here would be vastly different.

Again... no. They wouldn't. Go read any other thread about suicide and they're all sympathetic.

There might be a few bad comments here and there, but by throwing in the word "vastly," you killed your argument.

What are the other threads that you speak of? And I'm not sure if you can say it would just be a "few" bad comments. I've had to call people out on here before for making negative remarks about prominent figures on the right, more often than I should have. This wouldn't be any different. Now, I'm not going to say that every person who posts on this topic engages in this kind of behavior. But it is not misleading to say that this woman's political identity has much to do with the response. Again, would we see much sympathy for a Republican congressperson in similar circumstances?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2019, 01:56:31 PM »

What are the other threads that you speak of? And I'm not sure if you can say it would just be a "few" bad comments. I've had to call people out on here before for making negative remarks about prominent figures on the right, more often than I should have. This wouldn't be any different. Now, I'm not going to say that every person who posts on this topic engages in this kind of behavior. But it is not misleading to say that this woman's political identity has much to do with the response. Again, would we see much sympathy for a Republican congressperson in similar circumstances?

For the third time on this thread, yes, the responses for a Republican in this situation would be mostly (but not exclusively) sympathetic, just like this thread. Maybe a little less, but not much.

You can use the search feature to find other threads about suicide if you want to see them.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2019, 01:57:26 PM »

Again I don't remember any GOP avatar complaining or dissing Kander's depression or suicidal thoughts when he announced them even if blue avatars disagree with Kander.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2019, 04:06:55 PM »

The first amendment is non-negotiable. Michelle Carter was a political prisoner.

I mean yeah but doesn;t mean she's not a vile POS.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »

I mean yeah but doesn;t mean she's not a vile POS.

Yeah but she's still an FF, and her case exposed an authoritarian streak in our justice system. Words aren't violence.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2019, 11:44:37 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2019, 11:49:53 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

Yes, we all know that this is a left-leaning forum, and you and all of the other whiners need to get over it.

Yet you literally whine because this forum is left leaning its too pro Israel. Maybe you need to get over Palestine?
I don't recall seeing you ever criticize our Jewish American posters for being invested in the issue, and yet you've criticized me for it multiple times.

Perhaps he stands with the people who DIDN'T unleash multiple wars against Israel.  

Israel won.  Israel's enemies lost.  Show us how to get over it and move on.  Go ahead!  Be a leader!

Hill's shouldn't have been driven from office.  She should have finished out her term and stood for reelection.  She was pressured to quit because Pelosi didn't want her ethics investigation and her personal problems to be front and center in the media, even if only for a little bit.  I hope she gets help.  It's clear she needs some.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2019, 06:25:30 AM »

Again I don't remember any GOP avatar complaining or dissing Kander's depression or suicidal thoughts when he announced them even if blue avatars disagree with Kander.

Well we’re seeing them do it here... I wonder what factor that might be...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies