Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:11:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Right Leaning Posters on this forum should not support Trump in 2020  (Read 4276 times)
UncleSam

« on: December 10, 2019, 04:09:51 PM »

I earnestly wonder if tactical presidential election punting is going to become a thing. The fact that no one can get anything real done without large majorities necessitates lining up congressional and presidential electoral successes such that it is honestly probably better to punt certain elections at the top of the ballot from one party’s perspective or the other.

Either way 2 is a way better argument than 1. 1. is honestly nonsense - if I hire someone to do a job I care way more about how they do that job than about how they conduct themselves doing it. Results >>>>>> comportment, in other words. This is the way of the world and the fact is that Trump’s childishness should not be what anyone votes on either way in 2020. People should vote on his policies and how likely he is to enact them. The fact that those on the left oppose his policies is why Democrats should oppose him, and the fact that he is likely standing in the way of further conservative policies being passed in the future is why Republicans should oppose him. Honestly there’s an argument to Democrats being ok with him from that perspective, but only if you’re sufficiently left wing that a Biden presidency with a split congress (or weak majorities) will not earn you any serious policy wins.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies