Is Elizabeth Warrens campaign over? Can’t see how she recovers now.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:22:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Is Elizabeth Warrens campaign over? Can’t see how she recovers now.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is Elizabeth Warrens campaign over?
Yes (she has no path to nomination but will fight on for momentum)

Yes (she has lost and she has no chance to comeback)

No (she still can win the nomination)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Is Elizabeth Warrens campaign over? Can’t see how she recovers now.  (Read 1842 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »

In my view Warren is done and like Harris it’s all about timing and saving face.

1) Her electability is killing her.
2) Medicare for All
3) Pandering to the professional middle class
4) Not focusing on her strength - financial services and banking rigging the system.

She will carry on but she has no viable path to be the nominee now.

I disagree.  I think Warren is just the ugly duckling, and could be a great underdog story for the brainy geeks aspiring to be President. 

Warren isn't an ugly duckling. She is exactly my type. I love geeky grandmas.

I'm currently working out 7 days a week so I can impress Warren with my biceps when she comes to campaign in Atlanta
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 11:26:22 PM »

She needed a major Latino or AA endorsement,  she got none, just like with Kamala Harris, AA leadership went with Biden; as a result, when someone else like Buttigieg, who was more electable,  since Warren couldnt tap into Biden's freiwall of SC, she peaked out. The South was Biden's freiwall; consequently,  had Bloomberg announced in Sept, instead of Late Fall, he could of broke the freiwall. But, it's too late, now. Delegates have spoken
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2019, 12:40:06 AM »

She needed a major Latino or AA endorsement,  she got none

Breaking my policy of never engaging with your nonsense to point out that this is not correct.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2019, 01:15:53 AM »

Breaking my policy of never engaging with your nonsense to point out that this is not correct.

*psst!* Hit the ignore button. It will de-stress your life so much to just ignore fools like him.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2019, 01:21:47 AM »

Her favorability among Dems is still strong. People like her, they just like other people more at the moment.

She's not had a serious scandal or something that really tinges her credibility. As long as she's still popular, she can be a strong fallback if, say, Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden were to have a medical emergency.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2019, 03:01:03 AM »

Not even close. She still does fairly well in first-choice polls, she's still the second choice of a lot of people, and she still benefits from being positioned in the ideological middle of the big four.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2019, 10:53:22 AM »

Warren is a rope-a-dope style campaigner, like Obama. She always does better when she’s the underdog.

Her campaign isn’t over, everyone in the top 4 has at least an outside shot. But her window is closing. Someone needs to land a hit on Pete next week at the debate so she can gain back the supporters she bled to him.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2019, 11:50:35 AM »

Her campaign isn’t over, everyone in the top 4 has at least an outside shot. But her window is closing. Someone needs to land a hit on Pete next week at the debate so she can gain back the supporters she bled to him.
Nah. Pete is going to leave the South with zero delegates. He is mathematically eliminated and should drop out.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2019, 11:53:38 AM »

It's not totally over for her, but it doesn't look good.
But I was told that she was inevitable and had no electability problems.

I never said she was inevitable, and "perceived electability" is not actual electability. Unless you've visited an alternate universe in which she was the nominee and lost 49 states to Trump, that is.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2019, 11:59:33 AM »

Nah. Pete is going to leave the South with zero delegates. He is mathematically eliminated and should drop out.

They said the same about Bernie 2016 and yet now he has developed some appeal. Nothing wrong with building the name recognition for the next run.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2019, 12:03:37 PM »

They said the same about Bernie 2016 and yet now he has developed some appeal. Nothing wrong with building the name recognition for the next run.
I could see him as a good Congressional candidate as well.  The problem for him is that February 7th is the filing deadline for political candidates in Indiana.

Unless the Indiana Democratic Party pulls an Evan Bayh 2016 and asks whoever the IN-02 nominee is to step aside...
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2019, 12:05:18 PM »

Unless the Indiana Democratic Party pulls an Evan Bayh 2016 and asks whoever the IN-02 nominee is to step aside...
He will drop out after his rout in the Super Tuesday states on March 3, endorse Biden, get a spot in his cabinet, and run in 2024 after Biden retires.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »

In my view Warren is done and like Harris it’s all about timing and saving face.

2) Medicare for All
4) Not focusing on her strength - financial services and banking rigging the system.

I disagree.  I think Warren is just the ugly duckling, and could be a great underdog story for the brainy geeks aspiring to be President. 

I'm currently working out 7 days a week so I can impress Warren with my biceps when she comes to campaign in Atlanta

But did she bother campaigning at UGA? Huh
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »

2) Medicare for All

But did she bother campaigning at UGA? Huh

I wish, I’ve been dying to get to a candidate event. Has anyone come to the campus yet this cycle?
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »

He will drop out after his rout in the Super Tuesday states on March 3, endorse Biden, get a spot in his cabinet, and run in 2024 after Biden retires.
That's a good role for him too. 

I just think he'd be one of the few viable candidates that could pick up IN-02.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2019, 02:19:29 PM »

Warren would of been served better if Julian Castro would have endorsed her, over Biden and Beto. She can speak Espanol. But, the Latino and AA caucuses are beholden to Pelosi, who doesn't want to buck the establishment and stop Biden. That's why Linda Sanchez isnt in Congress, she bucks the Dem Establishment.

But, Warren or Harris would of been a much better nominee than Biden, but due to Trump being so beatable,  Dems go with Establishment,  instead of a new candidate
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2019, 03:05:08 PM »

She doesn't come off as genuine especially after the October debate where she was not clear on how to pay for medicare for all. Warren seems even more shady than Biden which isn't good for someone who is going to be spending trillions of dollars on universal healthcare. Even worse, her poll momentum is literally crashing by the day. Warren is done but maybe she can win one pre-super Tuesday state if she is lucky. Sanders is the much better progressive, he is genuine and at least honest in his policies.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2019, 08:25:57 PM »

*psst!* Hit the ignore button. It will de-stress your life so much to just ignore fools like him.

But he's just so amusing!
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2019, 08:37:13 PM »

I think she has very low odds of winning the primary but it's still possible. Things can turn around in less than two month's time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies