Is Elizabeth Warrens campaign over? Can’t see how she recovers now. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:28:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Is Elizabeth Warrens campaign over? Can’t see how she recovers now. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Elizabeth Warrens campaign over?
Yes (she has no path to nomination but will fight on for momentum)

Yes (she has lost and she has no chance to comeback)

No (she still can win the nomination)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Is Elizabeth Warrens campaign over? Can’t see how she recovers now.  (Read 1838 times)
Hollywood
« on: December 11, 2019, 11:04:54 AM »

In my view Warren is done and like Harris it’s all about timing and saving face.

1) Her electability is killing her.
2) Medicare for All
3) Pandering to the professional middle class
4) Not focusing on her strength - financial services and banking rigging the system.

She will carry on but she has no viable path to be the nominee now.

I disagree.  I think Warren is just the ugly duckling, and could be a great underdog story for the brainy geeks aspiring to be President. 

1) She’s not electable because she exudes anxiety and uncertainty with her demeanor and constant stammers when she’s caught off-guard.  She’s a brilliant person that lacks confidence, and she doesn’t know how to flip an attack on her policies and campaign into a positive. Everyone can see it.  I actually thought she could have been a scary candidate for her opponents had she been able to overcome her personality flaws.  If you’re a weird policy wonk with no social life, own it.  Fight back against those career politicians masquerading as principled people, and expose them as the charlatans everyone knows them to be.  It works.  People will excuse the break from decorum to hear someone being honest. 

2) Healthcare is basically the number one issue after electability.  I think Warren doesn’t really have a big issue with Medicare For All, as she is basically further left on the issue than everyone aside from Sanders.   The problem is that she keeps getting attacked from the right by corporate candidates, and doesn’t counter attack by comparing them with Republicans that keep to the status quo.  Just reframe the issues, and put it back on Klobuchar’s attack about it being a pipe dream.  Obamacare was once a pipe dream.  She also needs to form an alliance with Bernie Sanders to fight back. 

3) I assume you are talking about the proposed provision in her healthcare plan that would benefit the middle class?  Yeah.  Go ahead and attack me for wanting to help the middle class.  Everyone knows appealing to the middle class is a losing argument.  Not.

4) She tried doing it, but the climate isn’t ripe for attacks on the finance and banking system.  There are other labor issues affecting tens of millions of voters that she would do well to focus on.  Leave the financial system changes to your first term.  That’s like when Republicans were doing their anti-terrorism act during the 2012 and 2016 primaries.  Even Republicans were sick of it. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies