UK General Election 2019 - Election Day and Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:56:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election 2019 - Election Day and Results Thread (search mode)
Thread note
Any attempt at thread derailing will result in banishment. (Edit: damn, you guys really behaved yourselves)

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election 2019 - Election Day and Results Thread  (Read 74513 times)
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« on: December 11, 2019, 06:02:42 PM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LfRjAazZUbSjAOQ0w_ctAPWKfi5hBKilNj0LvuIZp9U/edit#gid=0

Last Yougov MRP Poll. In 2017, it was very accurate. Got laughed at for predicting Canterbury (a seat held by the Tories for 100 years) and saw a 20% swing. 
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 02:19:27 PM »

Hearing and reading that the weather is dreadful - hard cold wins plus constant rain - in the midlands.

High Peak, Bolsover, Rother Valley, Peninstone. Some polling stations are in remote areas. Polling stations open till 10pm. Most people voting in darkness 1st thing or last thing

Shetland islands sun rises at 08.59 sunsets 14.56.
Glasgow sun rises 08.37 sunsets 15.43
Derby 08.09-15.49
London 07.56-15.51
Penzance 08.11-16.19

Compare that to 2017 election in middle of June long days long nights. Smart move by Tories to call winter election as Corbyn is an effective campaigner.
Tori we have sent targeted Facebook ads to 90 constituencies saying to the viewer that they are 1/9 constituencies that can get Brexit done.
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 03:05:40 PM »

https://twitter.com/bridiepjones/status/1205189171196911623

Looks like stopping young people from voting happens not just in America!
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 06:17:03 AM »

The liberal democrats have really hurt Labour in this election.

Serious questions need to asked to why they carried on standing candidates

At the count in Kensington, the voters were horrified (pro-remain) that they have a die-hard leaver representing them because the liberal democrats refused to stand down.

In High Peak, the liberal democrat was sarcastically clapped for letting the Tory in. Even in Blyth Valley (first Tory gain) the Green party were put in the awkward position of trying to explain what the benefit is of splitting the left vote for the tory to win?  

Its totally pointless for the Green Party and Liberal democrats to say that the political system is rotten or broken. You know the rules before the election and if you have zero chance of running and its a swing district then questions need to be asked why are you running in the first place?
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 06:49:44 AM »

That was an awful result in every way: I thought it was possible, even likely, the Tories could win a substantial majority but nothing like as large.

I find myself, however, having skipped the first four stages of grief and heading straight to acceptance. They voted for it and that's democracy. They just shouldn't expect sympathy from me when it all goes wrong but then again, I doubt they do.

It does mean I'm not going to really follow this farce anymore though, so I doubt you'll be seeing me on the UK threads again any time soon, save for maybe a quick snide comment when Richard Burgon inevitably beats Keir Starmer for the leadership (when Corbyn finally resigns that is; like, for f!cks sake, how has he not yet) and the Labour membership proves they are as incapable of learning as I have always thought.

Thanks for the conversation over the last few weeks everyone. It's been fun.

Like in America - needing to nominate somone like Amy Klobuchar (from the midwest heartland) labour needs to do the same.

So candidates like Lisa Nandy, Yvette Cooper, Jon Trickett need to be considered. They simple cant nominate a candidate from London because it's going to be a train-wreck with the north. A london mp is no guarantee that these voters in the north will comeback.

The next leader also needs to work out how they build a coalition and everyone in the labour party needs to decide are you with us or not. The lack of discipline across the party and constant attacks from neo-liberals has to stop.
Queen Isuelt
MissScarlett

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 09:37:35 PM »

Bbc reporting that Labor northern  parliamentary party want Lisa Nandy to run or Yvette Cooper (both northern heartlands) Anyone from London won’t work to retain loses.

Are Lisa Nandy or Yvette Cooper credible opposition?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies