Religion & Political Affiliation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:02:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Religion & Political Affiliation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Religion & Political Affiliation  (Read 16019 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: May 18, 2004, 12:33:12 PM »

I've attended Methodist churches before and I can say the ones I was in were fairly conservative in politics, but they certainly weren't what I would call formal. It was a very down-to-Earth atmosphere, people dressed very informally, the order of events in the bulletin subject to change, preacher dressed in shirt and pants, that sort of thing.

A friend of mine who is a Methodist, is very conservative, attends their Conference every year and she says there is a tug of war going on between the conservative side and the more liberal side. Her impression was that it was fairly deadlocked, but on some issues the conservatives are winning and on others they are losing. Apparently, the conservative side wants preachers to be the hub of the church, take charge, build it if need be, spearhead activities, and they're losing on that one - the liberal side seems to want the congregation to do that stuff and the preacher is there just because it's his/her job and all he needs to do is show up, preach, and go home. Shamefully, it's almost "unionized." However, she thinks the conservative side is winning on issues such as homosexuality, but it changes every year since who goes to Conference changes. I don't know.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 09:55:41 PM »

Atheists very rarely vote Republican.

That makes sense when you consider the fact that the Bush regime hates atheists.

It also makes sense when one considers that perhaps the atheist regime that would like to be hates Bush, as is evidenced by the unleashing of their fire-breathing fury and venom whenever he mentions his faith. A possibility.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies