Religion & Political Affiliation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:10:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Religion & Political Affiliation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Religion & Political Affiliation  (Read 16024 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 19, 2004, 02:45:40 PM »

In the UK definately, most Catholics are pro-choice, and most I talk to (being Catholic) myself think the Church's position on contraception and homosexuality, to use the most common word, is just 'silly.' In Glasgow and Strathclyde, about 60% automatically vote Labour, due to their traditional support for social causes and Catholic schools. The Catholic Church, at local levels is increasingly liberal, especially amongst post Vatican II clergy. My local priest, and the priests at the school where I was taught saw nothing wrong with homosexuality and morally were a world away from the Bishops and others in the hierarchy. Oh and 99% back Celtic Football Club! Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 12:16:52 PM »

Send any screaming evangelists to the UK and they will be run out of town! Some English evangelistss hijacked a church in Glasgow and have sandwich-board wearing loons on the street who get less attention from the public than a singing drunkard! 'Missionaries can come all they want, but one thing the British HATE more than anything else is religion being shoved down their throats. That doesn't mean we are unreligious, just that we are very private about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies