Religion & Political Affiliation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:29:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Religion & Political Affiliation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Religion & Political Affiliation  (Read 16014 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: May 18, 2004, 10:15:02 AM »

Muslim's are traditionally Republican... I'm not sure about Anglicans...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 10:58:15 AM »

Methodists probably lean Republican, although the official church itself (not necessarily individual churches affiliated with them) is fairly liberal, although I may be completely wrong. I attend a Methodist Church, but I don't really fit in with any single denomination.

A lot of Churches use the name "Methodist" without being what is normally termed Methodists...
I'd guess that "orthodox" Methodists (ie: United Methodists) are Dem leaning... but certain other groups are de facto fundamentalists...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 11:50:10 AM »

I doubt it... there are just a few nutty pastors that get upset with the church because they won't get on the "God hates fags" bandwagon and won't oppose the termination of the lives of innocent sperm.

Methodists probably lean Republican, although the official church itself (not necessarily individual churches affiliated with them) is fairly liberal, although I may be completely wrong. I attend a Methodist Church, but I don't really fit in with any single denomination.

The Methodist Church is fixing to split, watch and see.

Fundamentalists don't belong in the Methodist Church *anyways*...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 01:44:48 PM »

Mexico, Brazile and South Africa were sending missionaries into England.  Quite an ironic twist.

I hate those arrogant bastards.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 02:04:59 PM »

But wait...aren't most (I actually have to exclude myself here)...Lutherans scandanavian/german and midwesterners?

(I realize that in the carolinas there is a large amount of republican lutherans, but don't the majority live in the upper midwest?)

No.  

The Lutheran churches are an exception to the general decline among old line protestant churches in the United States.  There has been a quiet and general expansion of lutherans as many protestants flee the politically correct 'churches.'  

No, the majority of American Lutherans do NOT "live in the upper midwest."

Acutally as Scandanavian Americans slowly drop their historical membership in Lutheran churchs (which has been going on for more than two decades) the percentage of Luterans residing in the "upper midwest" has been slightly declining while it has been growing nationwide.

Ethnically, the largest component of lutheran churches in the United States is probably (surprise) people whose historical antecedants are German.

The lutheran churches in the rural parts of Minnesota are much more conservative than the lutheran churches in the metro area.

Lutheran churches in Minnesota tend to reflect the general population in the area they are located rather than being strongly one party or the other in general.

Like Baptists/Pentacostalists in WV?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2004, 10:15:07 AM »

Not always... IIRC Southern WV has a large Baptist population...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2004, 10:26:58 AM »

Mexico, Brazile and South Africa were sending missionaries into England.  Quite an ironic twist.

I hate those arrogant bastards.

Turnabout is fair play.

I had some moron thrusting Jesus in my face in Manchester a couple of weeks ago. He was most perturbed when I told him I was Buddhist. Hate people like that, if they want to believe in Jesus, good for them, however they have no right to go around imposing their views on others or worst of all, pouring scorn on other people's beliefs.
I'll tell them to f*** off next time.

What really pisses me off about them is their arrogant and hypocritical attitude (hey: a higher % of the U.K is Christian than most of their own countries. If they feel the need to convert others let them pleeeeease do it in their own back yard)...
Most of them seem only to be familer with Leviticus... none of the ones I've met/been verbally assualted by, seem to have *ever* read the Sermon on the Mount...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies