VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:03:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: VA-Gov 2021: Herring for AG after submitting to resident political overlord T-MAC  (Read 21635 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2019, 09:20:12 PM »

Will donate to Carroll-Foy if she gets in.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2019, 08:46:42 PM »

The VA Dems need to declare war on Fairfax and play super hard ball. Like "blacklisting" anyone who accepts a job with his campaign or promising to back primary challengers against state legislators who endorse him. Make it clear if anyone supports that vile, sick f[inks]ing piece of sh!t in any way, shape or form, they are now an "unperson" who'll have no political future.

Has Joe Biden retracted this?

Quote from: Joe Biden
“There is no place for racism in America. Governor Northam has lost all moral authority and should resign immediately, Justin Fairfax is the leader Virginia needs now.”

Has Biden retracted this statement in support of Fairfax?  Or does he "need" Fairfax's support to get him through the primary season so badly that he'll wait until after November, 2020 to throw Fairfax to the wolves?
That was obviously made before the revelations that Fairfax is a serial rapist. Now that Northam is obviously not resigning it's no longer an issue.

He was simply too busy denouncing the grand Mufti of Jerusalem. He's got a list. Give him time, people!
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2019, 10:26:48 PM »

I want Perriello to run, but will support T-Mac if he doesn’t.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2020, 10:53:33 AM »

59% v 20% approval among blacks for a black Democrat is pretty low, and it's probably not even his floor.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2020, 06:08:19 AM »

Wut
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2020, 06:18:10 AM »

Honestly, if Biden wins in 2020 this may be Republicans one shot at winning the Governor's mansion for a long time.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2020, 07:17:09 AM »

The VA Dems need to declare war on Fairfax and play super hard ball. Like "blacklisting" anyone who accepts a job with his campaign or promising to back primary challengers against state legislators who endorse him. Make it clear if anyone supports that vile, sick f[inks]ing piece of sh!t in any way, shape or form, they are now an "unperson" who'll have no political future.

Has Joe Biden retracted this?

Quote from: Joe Biden
“There is no place for racism in America. Governor Northam has lost all moral authority and should resign immediately, Justin Fairfax is the leader Virginia needs now.”

Has Biden retracted this statement in support of Fairfax?  Or does he "need" Fairfax's support to get him through the primary season so badly that he'll wait until after November, 2020 to throw Fairfax to the wolves?
That was obviously made before the revelations that Fairfax is a serial rapist. Now that Northam is obviously not resigning it's no longer an issue.

He was simply too busy denouncing the grand Mufti of Jerusalem. He's got a list. Give him time, people!

I'm glad the important priority was taken care of, lol.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2020, 12:37:11 PM »

Considering Fairfax's main issue is sexual assault, why on Earth do men widely disapprove while women still (narrowly) approve?

If anything you would expect the opposite pattern for a sexual assault scandal.

Well, you have to consider that women are overall considerably more Democratic-leaning than men are. In addition to this, voters in this country are quite partisan and will likely stick with them than run from them. If Fairfax was a Republican, women would've disapproved of him at a much higher rate than this poll and certainly more so than men.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 06:04:12 PM »

Figured we might as well start as we have our first major candidate: State Senator Amanda Chase (R) is in for Governor.

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 06:48:42 PM »

The VA GOP still hasn't learned.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 07:44:19 PM »

If the VA GOP REALLY wants to show that they're taking this race seriously, they'll go with Denver Riggleman.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 09:40:13 PM »

If the VA GOP REALLY wants to show that they're taking this race seriously, they'll go with Denver Riggleman.

There really just isnt any Republican politician of note right now that could win statewide. Maybe Tom Davis vs. a Moran but no one really has universal name recognition plus a positive opinion.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 11:00:11 PM »

There really just isnt any Republican politician of note right now that could win statewide. Maybe Tom Davis vs. a Moran but no one really has universal name recognition plus a positive opinion.

Especially when the democrats are looking at Jennifer McClellan, Jennifer Carroll Foy, and even Terry McAuliffe for crying out loud. I don't think anyone on the GOP side wants to throw their career away, even though they may be forced to do so via redistricting. Their only hope is that Fairfax succeeds in his bid, but that would be a surprise considering the strength of his competition.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »

This race is Safe D regardless of who the Republicans nominate and which party controls the White House, but I’m of course looking forward to Democrats downplaying expectations and hyping this up as a bellwether for the 2022 midterms.

Anyway, there’s already a VA-2021 thread for the governor's race: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=351883.0
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 09:15:45 PM »

This race is Safe D regardless of who the Republicans nominate and which party controls the White House, but I’m of course looking forward to Democrats downplaying expectations and hyping this up as a bellwether for the 2022 midterms.

Anyway, there’s already a VA-2021 thread for the governor's race: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=351883.0

Given Dems have lost gubernatorial races in states like MD and MA, and off-year elections are weird, I don't think that is true. Maybe Likely D, but with a pro-Republican national environment, Republicans could get lucky in VA. I agree though that VA isn't a bellwether, though if the Democrats win by a surprisingly narrow margin or a surprisingly large margin that could be indicative for the 2022 midterms.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2020, 12:27:10 PM »

Hopefully T-Mac jumps into this race for governor. He's a big FF, who will not just restore honor to the office, he also did a great job in his first term.
Strong Candidate
123NY
Rookie

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2020, 05:39:27 PM »

slothdem

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2020, 09:28:19 AM »

Given Dems have lost gubernatorial races in states like MD and MA, and off-year elections are weird, I don't think that is true. Maybe Likely D, but with a pro-Republican national environment, Republicans could get lucky in VA. I agree though that VA isn't a bellwether, though if the Democrats win by a surprisingly narrow margin or a surprisingly large margin that could be indicative for the 2022 midterms.

There's the rub. A Larry Hogan or a Charlie Baker-type could definitely carry Virginia state-wide. But the GOP primary electorate in VA is not the GOP primary electorate in MD and its on a different planet than the GOP electorate in MA. They don't want a Larry Hogan and they definitely don't want a Charlie Baker. They want a Corey Stewart, and they may even want an Amanda Chase. Needless to say, these fringe figures are not acceptable to swing voters in the urban crescent, which is where the state is decided.  Democrats will run a candidate from NOVA or Richmond (the current gov is from the Roads), and will win this race for the 5th time out of the last 6.

The problem for the VA GOP is half the state is Kentucky and half the state is New Jersey, and the New Jersey half has twice as many people.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2020, 05:48:24 PM »

If you want to talk about someone who could win in an increasingly blue state, look to Emmett Hanger of SD24. His moderate/cooperative credentials are infallible, and he's popular enough to push away a freitas-backed primary in the Shenandoah region. He's however got two problems. First, Hanger is old and 2021 wil likelyl be his last chance, but all the Dem Titans are lining up right now. Second, while the VA electorate as a whole resembles Maryland, the GOP primary is controlled unanimously by the Kentucky-esque rurals. There's little chance his bid would succeed even though his Shenandoah base may help limit the damages.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2020, 07:45:18 PM »

There's the rub. A Larry Hogan or a Charlie Baker-type could definitely carry Virginia state-wide. But the GOP primary electorate in VA is not the GOP primary electorate in MD and its on a different planet than the GOP electorate in MA. They don't want a Larry Hogan and they definitely don't want a Charlie Baker. They want a Corey Stewart, and they may even want an Amanda Chase. Needless to say, these fringe figures are not acceptable to swing voters in the urban crescent, which is where the state is decided.  Democrats will run a candidate from NOVA or Richmond (the current gov is from the Roads), and will win this race for the 5th time out of the last 6.

The problem for the VA GOP is half the state is Kentucky and half the state is New Jersey, and the New Jersey half has twice as many people.

The NJ half was run by people like Michael Steele, George Allen, Bob McDonnell, etc. That formula can win again.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2020, 07:56:18 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2020, 08:00:38 PM by Roll Roons »

The NJ half was run by people like Michael Steele, George Allen, Bob McDonnell, etc. That formula can win again.

Steele was from Maryland, Allen was an idiot and McDonnell is corrupt. Sure, the Virginia GOP can win if they realize that the majority of the state's is now more like the Northeast than the South, but these are not the people to win with.

At this point, I really think we're more likely to win New Jersey than Virginia in 2021.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2020, 08:21:46 PM »

I doubt he wins the primary after this -

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2020, 09:45:20 PM »

It happened last year but the marriage was the most funny marriage I can think of
A
Gay
interracial
couple form Charlottesville
thats also conservative and gun toting.
Just need to find out if they smoke weed.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2020, 07:25:16 PM »

It happened last year but the marriage was the most funny marriage I can think of
A
Gay
interracial
couple form Charlottesville
thats also conservative and gun toting.
Just need to find out if they smoke weed.

It would reach the holy trinity of butthurt if the couple were both trans gendered as well.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2020, 12:39:23 AM »

Fairfax self-immolates.

You absolutely love to see when someone says that a black politician is the "son" of a white politician... absolutely horrible look with zero historical appreciation. I'd gladly take another McAuliffe term over this buffoon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies