LC 5.13: Lincoln Regional Defense Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:01:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 5.13: Lincoln Regional Defense Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 5.13: Lincoln Regional Defense Act (Passed)  (Read 484 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 28, 2019, 01:56:51 PM »
« edited: January 03, 2020, 02:38:21 AM by Speaker OneJ »

PSOL's National Guard Reorganization and Modernization act

Preamble

Provided with the fact of repeated intrusions, armed insurrections, unpredictable weather patterns, and melodrama from foreign actors acted against this fine Region of Lincoln, it is safe to say that Lincoln needs to be at an equal footing to deal with threats on its sovereignty.

This legislation seeks to protect Lincoln residents by having a multirole organization to deal with events both occurring simultaneously and in need of an agile response.

Section I: Naming

1. This act shall be named the National Guard Reorganization and Modernization Act

Section II: Reorganization of Priorities
1. The National guard shall be bounded by several preconditions for deployment in Lincoln
(a) As an auxiliary force for first responders in the wake of a large scale incident
   I. Disruption of the peace by armed hostile actors
       1. May not be used in the face of protests with a lack of a heavily armed hostile actor
            (a) Heavily-armed refers to documented widespread use of firearms and explosives
   II. A lack of ability for local first responders to deal with a natural disaster
       (a) May then be allowed to intervene for the purposes of
             1. Medical assistance
             2. Preserving peace
             3. Infrastructure rebuilding
             4. Sortition of essential needs
   III. Such a severity in need of a possible deployment shall be left to the decision of the Governors personal discretion

Section III: Reorganization
1. The National Guard of Lincoln shall be organized in the following way
(a) The leading position of the force, the Chief, shall be appointed by the governor from
   I. A minimum set requirement of being
       1. Living in Lincoln as a primary resident more than 10 years
       2. Having acquired the minimum rank of an officer for 5+ years
       3. Having no record of an act of
            I. Nepotism
            II. Embezzlement

(b) The National Guard of Lincoln shall be divided into Models resembling the official functions of the Atlasian Armed Forces
     I. An Army
     II. An Airforce
     III. A regional Coast Guard
     IV. An Engineer Corps
     V. A Medical Corps
(c) The standards of the National Guard shall be met by following the current standards of the Atlasian Armed forces the start of the fiscal year
(d) The budget for this National Guard shall amass to 0.5% more the cumulative budget of the other regions budget to a National Guard or equivalent force
Section IV: Nongovernmental Revenue Procurement

1. The National Guard will have a holiday every July 1st as a regional spectacle
(a) Such an event will occur where of the regional Government’s choosing
(b) Will cooperate with local businesses to create a festive environment
(c) there will be a designated area open to the public only after the purchase of tickets
2. Retired or damaged stock shall be sold for the purposes of civilian usage after modifications done to the equipment and assets to remove military-grade qualitative features so as to follow regional law

section V: implementation
1. This bill shall be made into law at January 1st, 2020

Sponsor: S019

LC 5.13 has been introduced to the floor and debate on the bill shall last no less than 72 hours.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 01:27:27 AM »

Several Fremonters have voiced threats against Lincoln in off-site chatrooms. These threats range from claiming the Great State of Wisconsin as “Greater Fremont” to promoting the takeover of the Great State of New Jersey by Italian supremacists. The Region of Lincoln needs to be prepared to defend itself against hostile Fremonters and this bill will help to accomplish that.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 09:16:03 AM »

Several Fremonters have voiced threats against Lincoln in off-site chatrooms. These threats range from claiming the Great State of Wisconsin as “Greater Fremont” to promoting the takeover of the Great State of New Jersey by Italian supremacists. The Region of Lincoln needs to be prepared to defend itself against hostile Fremonters and this bill will help to accomplish that.

Wait, when has that ever happened?

Not like it would be a bad thing. On the contrary I support the takeover of NJ by Italian supremacists Tongue
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 03:11:26 PM »

Other then changing the name to the Lincoln Regional Defense Force, I think this bill has merit to be passed.
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »

I agree with PSOL and Suburban, this bill should be passed
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 10:35:11 PM »

Why not just team up with Fremont to take over the South?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 10:33:48 AM »

This looks like a bill that I can get behind.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 02:30:58 PM »

Minor amendment

PSOL's National Guard Reorganization and Modernization act Lincoln Regional Defense Force Act

Preamble

Provided with the fact of repeated intrusions, armed insurrections, unpredictable weather patterns, and melodrama from foreign actors acted against this fine Region of Lincoln, it is safe to say that Lincoln needs to be at an equal footing to deal with threats on its sovereignty.

This legislation seeks to protect Lincoln residents by having a multirole organization to deal with events both occurring simultaneously and in need of an agile response.

1. This act shall be named the National Guard Reorganization and Modernization Act

1. The National guard shall be bounded by several preconditions for deployment in Lincoln
(a) As an auxiliary force for first responders in the wake of a large scale incident
       1. May not be used in the face of protests with a lack of a heavily armed hostile actor
            (a) Heavily-armed refers to documented widespread use of firearms and explosives
   II. A lack of ability for local first responders to deal with a natural disaster
             1. Medical assistance
             2. Preserving peace
   III. Such a severity in need of a possible deployment shall be left to the decision of the Governors personal discretion

(a) The leading position of the force, the Chief, shall be appointed by the governor from
            I. Nepotism
            II. Embezzlement

(b) The National Guard of Lincoln shall be divided into Models resembling the official functions of the Atlasian Armed Forces
     I. An Army
     II. An Airforce
     IV. An Engineer Corps
     V. A Medical Corps
(c) The standards of the National Guard shall be met by following the current standards of the Atlasian Armed forces the start of the fiscal year
(d) The budget for this National Guard shall amass to 0.5% more the cumulative budget of the other regions budget to a National Guard or equivalent force

1. The National Guard will have a holiday every July 1st as a regional spectacle
(c) there will be a designated area open to the public only after the purchase of tickets
2. Retired or damaged stock shall be sold for the purposes of civilian usage after modifications done to the equipment and assets to remove military-grade qualitative features so as to follow regional law

1. This bill shall be made into law at January March 1st, 2020

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 02:39:13 PM »

No objection from me.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 10:36:39 PM »

As there haven't been any objections to the amendment, it has now been officially adopted and I'll motion for a final vote. Objections to the final vote shall last for 24 hours.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 11:05:15 PM »

A final vote on 5.13 has now opened.

Aye.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 11:10:44 PM »

AYE
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 11:24:27 PM »

Aye
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 02:36:38 AM »

AYE: 3 (OneJ, S019, Pragmatist_TNAG)
NAY: 0
Abstain: 0

The aye's have it, LC 5.13 has officially passed and awaits the honorable Governor's signature.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 01:52:13 PM »

PSOL's Lincoln Regional Defense Force Act

Preamble

1. Medical assistance
             2. Preserving peace

I. Nepotism
            II. Embezzlement

I. An Army
     II. An Airforce
     IV. An Engineer Corps
     V. A Medical Corps

1. This bill shall be made into law at March 1st, 2020

x. Governor Jimmy7812
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies