Impeachment Megathread Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:06:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 78
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 75431 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: January 26, 2020, 09:52:40 AM »

• Trump committed one of the most blatant impeachable offenses in American presidential history, and must be removed from office, regardless of the political consequences for whichever party. (the Democratic argument)
  • Trump made a terrible error of judgment, but it does not rise to impeachment level. (No one is really making this argument.)
  • Trump really is innocent, and there is evidence to back up this assertion. (No one is even attempting this argument.)
  • DEMOCRATS ARE EVIL AND HATE AMERICA AND YOU!! FOR EVEN TRYING THIS!!!!1 (the Republican "argument")
  • Trump is guilty, but who cares? I'm more concerned with beating the Democrats on the vote! (The "2016" argument?)

Maybe I spoke to soon. Republicans are moving to option 5? The Senate is the more "mature" chamber after all.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #726 on: January 26, 2020, 10:29:39 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2020, 10:41:34 AM by TæxasGúrl »

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/01/25/republicans-winning-trump-impeachment-trial-toobin-vpx.cnn
Toobin on impeachment trial: President is winning here
CNN analysts Jeffrey Toobin and Preet Bharara react to President Donald Trump's legal team opening arguments lasting under two hours on Saturday morning.

Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #727 on: January 26, 2020, 11:15:52 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2020, 11:52:54 AM by Mitt Romney's Hair »

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/01/25/republicans-winning-trump-impeachment-trial-toobin-vpx.cnn
Toobin on impeachment trial: President is winning here
CNN analysts Jeffrey Toobin and Preet Bharara react to President Donald Trump's legal team opening arguments lasting under two hours on Saturday morning.

Whoever that hack is at the end is exactly why the MSM has no credibility, trying to make up sh**t...CNN Sucks.

Perhaps Trump cares about the weekly Sunday morning talk shows because he understands that those set the narrative and tone for the coming week’s news cycle. Trump is very cunning. I love it.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #728 on: January 26, 2020, 12:00:22 PM »

Impeachment very popular in a new Fox News poll

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #729 on: January 26, 2020, 12:01:24 PM »

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #730 on: January 26, 2020, 12:14:53 PM »

So far his defense is just Faux news talking points.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #731 on: January 26, 2020, 12:17:14 PM »

We have two parallel realities right now with impeachment polls. People opposed to removal insist that the polls are good for Trump and getting better.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #732 on: January 26, 2020, 12:44:37 PM »

By definition, something can’t be ‘very popular’ if it’s not even over 50%. 🤔

Nice try.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #733 on: January 26, 2020, 12:48:40 PM »

In recording Trump asks how long Ukraine can resist Russians
“How long would they last in a fight with Russia?” Trump is heard asking in the audio portion of a video recording, moments before he calls for the firing of U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch. She was removed a year later after a campaign to discredit her by Giuliani and others, an action that is part of Democrats’ case arguing for the removal of the president in his Senate impeachment trial.

Even more potentially damning is a different aspect of Trump's "Ukrainian drug deal" that has gotten very little press coverage.
Ukraine came up during the dinner in the context of a discussion of energy markets, with the voice appearing to be Parnas’ describing his involvement in the purchase of a Ukrainian energy company.

The group then praises Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, to which the president says: “Pompeo’s going to be good. He’s doing a good job. Already he’s doing a good job.”

It seems likely that some of Mr. Trump's agents were intended to profit from the Ukrainian Energy industry as an aspect of their activities, likely with Mr. Trump or his children profiting as well. This seems to be reinforced by Mr. Trump, with his well-known habit for projection, obsessively focused on Biden's corrupt contact in the Ukrainian energy sector.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #734 on: January 26, 2020, 12:56:22 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2020, 01:04:40 PM by roxas11 »

The poll also says that more independent voters now say Trump should be removed by a 19-point margin (53-34 percent).

These are the type of the numbers that should scare the hell out of swing state republicans. as I said before the Dems have successfully convicted trump in the court of public opinion  

Now even if the GOP votes not to remove trump most Americans will now see them as letting a guilty man off the hook and If numbers are this bad nationally in a fox new poll

I can only imagine how those numbers look in Blue state like Maine. Im now convinced that if Collins votes no on this she might as well announce her retirement from congress right after because there is no way she is getting reelected if most independent voters believe that she let  trump get away with crimes
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #735 on: January 26, 2020, 01:05:09 PM »

The poll also says that independent voters say Trump should be removed by a 19-point margin
(53-34 percent).

These are the type of the numbers that should scare the hell out of swing state republicans. as I said before the Dems have successfully convicted trump in the court of public opinion  

Now even if the GOP votes not to remove trump most Americans will now see them as letting a guilty man off the hook and If numbers are this bad nationally in a fox new poll

I can only imagine how those numbers look in Blue state like Maine. Im now convinced that if Collins votes no on this she might as well announce her retirement from congress right after because there is no way she is getting reelected if most independent voters believe that she let  trump get away with crimes

While I will insert the requisite "only one poll" comment, it definitely reinforces that impeachment hasn't been "massively backfiring on the Dems" as some of my right honourable blues suggest. 
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #736 on: January 26, 2020, 02:06:15 PM »

I just watched Schiff's closing statement. Really strong, how he presented the absolutely ridiculous points Trump and his crownies are making. The best part was "if the accused says he didn't do it, then he obviously didn't do it. Case closed."

I just wonder what all these Republican senators think, because I can't believe they are so stupid and really believe Trump is innocent.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #737 on: January 26, 2020, 02:12:09 PM »

The FOX NEWS Poll has a big FLAW in it. The Dates are 19th to 22nd of January.
The I-Trail began on January 21st and the first big Day of the Democratic Case was January 22nd.

What do you expect here? Of Course Voters want to remove Trump when the constantly hearing Democratic Talking Points!

Just wait until the Trail is over, the entire Script will flip I think.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #738 on: January 26, 2020, 02:51:41 PM »

The I-Trail began on January 21st and the first big Day of the Democratic Case was January 22nd.

What do you expect here? Of Course Voters want to remove Trump when the constantly hearing Democratic Talking Points!

You think the “democrats are evil” defense is going to flip the script?
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #739 on: January 26, 2020, 03:01:01 PM »

I was going to point this out too. Good catch!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #740 on: January 26, 2020, 04:11:56 PM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #741 on: January 26, 2020, 04:52:30 PM »

Somewhat off-topic, but I truly struggle to see how Trump could possibly win re-election with these numbers.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #742 on: January 26, 2020, 05:03:28 PM »

You think the “democrats are evil” defense is going to flip the script?

Yes
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #743 on: January 26, 2020, 05:43:55 PM »

So first you acknowledge that Bolton's testimony would sink Trump (therefore it shouldn't be allowed), and now you acknowledge that Democratic arguments are strong enough to convince people.

Well OK I guess. It is consistent with your "Sure Trump is guilty, but who cares?" mindset.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #744 on: January 26, 2020, 05:47:58 PM »

Somewhat off-topic, but I truly struggle to see how Trump could possibly win re-election with these numbers.

Not necessarily.  I can believe some Republicans feel that they'd like to see Trump removed and replaced by Pence, but they'd still prefer Trump to a Democrat. 
Junior Chimp

« Reply #745 on: January 26, 2020, 06:00:44 PM »

Alan Dershowitz was on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" last Night and on FOX NEWS Sunday with Chris Wallace and both times he said quote "Even if the Allegations are true against Trump it's not impeachable"

Bottom Line:
Abuse of Power & Obstruction of Congress ain't impeachable offenses. Gotcha! Period! Game Over for House Democrats. Let the American People decide and not Congress for them.

And there is a fundamental Difference between the Clinton and the Trump Impeachment:

Bill Clinton purposefully LIED under OATH before a Grand Jury that he had nothing to do with this Woman (Lewinsky). The Witnesses who have come forward and were investigated by the House didn't do any of this.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #746 on: January 26, 2020, 06:13:37 PM »

Alan Dershowitz was on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" last Night and on FOX NEWS Sunday with Chris Wallace and both times he said quote "Even if the Allegations are true against Trump it's not impeachable"

Bottom Line:
Abuse of Power & Obstruction of Congress ain't impeachable offenses. Gotcha! Period! Game Over for House Democrats. Let the American People decide and not Congress for them.

And there is a fundamental Difference between the Clinton and the Trump Impeachment:

Bill Clinton purposefully LIED under OATH before a Grand Jury that he had nothing to do with this Woman (Lewinsky). The Witnesses who have come forward and were investigated by the House didn't do any of this.
You’re joking right?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #747 on: January 26, 2020, 06:18:42 PM »

Bolton’s book has a conversation he had with Trump were Trump stats the aid is tied to the Biden probe
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #748 on: January 26, 2020, 06:35:45 PM »

Bolton’s book has a conversation he had with Trump were Trump stats the aid is tied to the Biden probe
https://mobile.twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1221568821879885824

This should be a bombshell, but Republicans have pretty much all admitted that Trump did everything he's accused of, they just don't care. Therefore, this probably changes nothing.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #749 on: January 26, 2020, 07:33:38 PM »

Bolton also said he went to Barr with his concerns and Barr’s office is calling him a liar
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/john-bolton-went-to-bill-barr-with-concerns-about-giulianis-shadow-foreign-policy-in-ukraine-report/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies