Impeachment Megathread Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:03:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 78
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 74885 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: January 23, 2020, 09:41:45 PM »

Actually, if the Republican survived I'm pretty sure s/he would vote to acquit.

"It was my fault for getting in the way of his bullet."

"I apologize to the President for moving. It was a perfect shot, and if I'd just stood still it would have killed me easily. President Trump may be the best shot in American history."

"Sen Collins thinks that the President openly shooting Senators is 'very inappropriate',  but won't comment on voting to remove from office."
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #601 on: January 23, 2020, 09:49:07 PM »

Honestly the senate Republicans actions have been so embarrassing and bad that an acquittal is more likely to hurt senate R’s this November than help Trump
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #602 on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:04 PM »

When Trump's team gets their 24 hours for their case, watch the GOP senators applaud every single sentence.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #603 on: January 23, 2020, 10:12:31 PM »

When Trump's team gets their 24 hours for their case, watch the GOP senators applaud every single sentence.

They get imprisoned if they say anything/don't sit in silence, under the rules. Or at least they are supposed to, if the rules are followed.

So I think you are confusing the GOP Senators with Trump - it is Trump, not them, who belongs in prison.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #604 on: January 23, 2020, 10:19:54 PM »

*** John Roberts bangs the gavel as GOP SENs are led out gradually one by one and going limp civil disobedience as they are physically removed from the chamber ***

And then there was One, the only one, the last one, who chose to voluntarily walk out of the chamber, rather than be removed, as an epic final act of dignity but yet still of defiance and solidarity. The nerve that House DEMs voted for an impeachment inquiry, and a full House voted on Impeachment.... but yet they could not abandon their leader, otherwise he would abandon them and they would be replaced by better robots and sycophants and toadies than they....

As the last one (Any guesses Atlas?) walked out, the single tear ran down his/her face, when he/she realized they no longer loved Big Brother, but they had no other choice....
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #605 on: January 23, 2020, 10:21:11 PM »

They get imprisoned if they say anything/don't sit in silence, under the rules. Or at least they are supposed to, if the rules are followed.

So I think you are confusing the GOP Senators with Trump - it is Trump, not them, who belongs in prison.
The GOP is the party of Trump though. And yes, I know it is illegal to not be quiet in the trial, but I still think there will at least be the urge for the GOP senators to cheer.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #606 on: January 23, 2020, 10:23:37 PM »

*** John Roberts bangs the gavel as GOP SENs are led out gradually one by one and going limp civil disobedience as they are physically removed from the chamber ***

And then there was One, the only one, the last one, who chose to voluntarily walk out of the chamber, rather than be removed, as an epic final act of dignity but yet still of defiance and solidarity. The nerve that House DEMs voted for an impeachment inquiry, and a full House voted on Impeachment.... but yet they could not abandon their leader, otherwise he would abandon them and they would be replaced by better robots and sycophants and toadies than they....

As the last one (Any guesses Atlas?) walked out, the single tear ran down his/her face, when he/she realized they no longer loved Big Brother, but they had no other choice....
Marsha Blackburn?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #607 on: January 23, 2020, 10:26:56 PM »

The polls keep moving in the wrong direction for Trump:

Wait, nearly 20% of Republicans now support the conviction and removal of Donald Trump?   Shocked

We're getting there... 

This is hilarious! The Polls are a bit scewed right now because over the last Week and particularly over the last 2 Days everything is played on the Democrats turf with the House Managers making their case.
I expect Public Opinion to shift a bit once Trumps Legal Team can make their case

CNN is saying the same thing:

Republicans encouraged during lunch to be more available to press

Republicans have been much more visible over the last few breaks, and there is a reason for that.

According to two sources, during the Senate GOP lunch, Republican leaders encouraged their conference to be make themselves available during the breaks to the press in an effort to more publicly defend President Trump during a time when the entire public is focused on three days of Democratic arguments. According to one aide familiar with the discussion, constituents back home are calling lawmakers and expressing concern that no one on the Republican side is getting a chance to step in to defend Trump live on TV during the trial.

Remember: The rules will give the President a chance to defend himself, but right now, it’s the Democrats. The President’s defense team will start their presentations on Saturday and have 24 hours of their own to make their case. However, GOP lawmakers are hearing from constituents back home now who are watching and are surprised to see this playing out in a one-sided format at the moment.

What do you expect from Public Opinion when it's totally one-sided the last 48 Hours.

What exactly does Trump have for Defense?   What is their actual story going to be here?  So far all they do is complain about the process and don't address the actual issues whatsoever.

All I can think of is the last defense of someone in the final stage of a break-up over marital infidelity:

"Are you going to believe me or are you going to believe your lying eyes?"

It is almost that bad.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #608 on: January 23, 2020, 10:31:11 PM »

Schiff: Brings Giuliani into the mix, and now we got the Russian hacking last Week of the Ukranian Oil Company where Biden's son was involved.... Russian hacking of US elections will continue.

Doing a pretty good job of putting Russian hacking into the mix and tying it together, and then tying in the potential that other Foreign Governments might see American action of weakness.

"Put American interests first"
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #609 on: January 23, 2020, 11:50:37 PM »

The GOP is the party of Trump though. And yes, I know it is illegal to not be quiet in the trial, but I still think there will at least be the urge for the GOP senators to cheer.

I thought the imprisonment was a maximum penalty and only applied to visitors in the gallery, and that it's just a general rule not specific to the trial. Does it actually apply to Senators making an outburst during the trial? Huh
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #610 on: January 24, 2020, 02:01:06 AM »

I thought the imprisonment was a maximum penalty and only applied to visitors in the gallery, and that it's just a general rule not specific to the trial. Does it actually apply to Senators making an outburst during the trial? Huh

Yeah it does, per the sergeant at arms. However, they'd probably start out with warning the Senator by having Roberts loudly bang a gavel and criticize them.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #611 on: January 24, 2020, 02:01:34 AM »

Schiff has 7 hours and 53 minutes remaining
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #612 on: January 24, 2020, 04:51:08 AM »

Schiff: Brings Giuliani into the mix, and now we got the Russian hacking last Week of the Ukranian Oil Company where Biden's son was involved.... Russian hacking of US elections will continue.

Doing a pretty good job of putting Russian hacking into the mix and tying it together, and then tying in the potential that other Foreign Governments might see American action of weakness.

It is exactly why Pr. Donald J Trump did a right thing. If you don't investigate the Bidens, Russians will. And nothing can stop these devils!

Ironically, the same people who thought that Pee Tape was plausible (LOL), don't understand the danger of the Bidens actions. The cocaine addict, Hunter who doesn't even use condoms while banging strippers, was getting paid $50 thousands a month by Ukrainian "pro-Russian" Gas (!!) company. Yikes! If you thought that Pee Tape was even remotely (!!!) plausible, you should think that Russian having dirt on Hunter is likely.

The president duty is to make sure that Russians can't blackmail the next president!  Angry
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #613 on: January 24, 2020, 07:48:48 AM »

It is exactly why Pr. Donald J Trump did a right thing. If you don't investigate the Bidens, Russians will. And nothing can stop these devils!

Ironically, the same people who thought that Pee Tape was plausible (LOL)

The pee tape is a thing that exists. So its more than plausible. (It's also almost certainly a fake, but a very plausible fake.)
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #614 on: January 24, 2020, 09:15:14 AM »

Trump retweeted this>>>

I agree with Zodiac on this matter!
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #615 on: January 24, 2020, 09:23:14 AM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #616 on: January 24, 2020, 09:37:17 AM »

Cause screw checks and balances am I right?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #617 on: January 24, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »

WH just reminded Senators that USA is a representative democracy and that voters watch closely how Senators represent them during this Impeachment Show! Smiley))
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #618 on: January 24, 2020, 10:00:55 AM »

WH just reminded Senators that USA is a representative democracy and that voters watch closely how Senators represent them during this Impeachment Show! Smiley))

Then I guess they support electing the President by popular vote.  Cool.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #619 on: January 24, 2020, 10:08:42 AM »

Then I guess they support electing the President by popular vote.  Cool.

And that in all recent polls 50% more of Americans want Mr. Trump impeached and removed from office. Not to mention, in the newest CNN poll nearly 7 in 10 want witnesses.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #620 on: January 24, 2020, 10:12:39 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2020, 10:16:39 AM by Russian Bear »

1. It is off-topic.
2. Electoral College is an example of representative democracy, obviously.

And that in all recent polls 50% more of Americans want Mr. Trump impeached and removed from office. Not to mention, in the newest CNN poll nearly 7 in 10 want witnesses.

Yes, but Bidens and Democrats are totally refusing!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/479393-democrats-shoot-down-talk-of-bolton-hunter-biden-witness-swap
Democrats shoot down talk of Bolton, Hunter Biden witness swap

Unbelievable! What are they hiding?!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #621 on: January 24, 2020, 10:23:20 AM »

1. It is off-topic.
2. Electoral College is an example of representative democracy, obviously.

Yes, but Bidens and Democrats are totally refusing!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/479393-democrats-shoot-down-talk-of-bolton-hunter-biden-witness-swap
Democrats shoot down talk of Bolton, Hunter Biden witness swap

Unbelievable! What are they hiding?!

Don't be an idiot.  Hunter Biden is not relevant to Trump's misconduct in this affair; this is an attempt to deflect (by Trump, his supporters, and you).  Bolton has relevant knowledge of what was going on; Biden does not.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #622 on: January 24, 2020, 10:29:02 AM »

That alone is enough to impeach him several times over. If Republicans weren't all traitors, that is.

18 U.S. Code § 872 “Extortion by officers or employees of the United States"

18 U.S. Code § 610 “Coercion of political activity”

18 U.S. Code § 371 "Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States"
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #623 on: January 24, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »

Don't be an idiot.  Hunter Biden is not relevant to Trump's misconduct in this affair; this is an attempt to deflect (by Trump, his supporters, and you).  Bolton has relevant knowledge of what was going on; Biden does not.

How so? It has literally started the whole Impeachment.

President Trump is claiming that the Bidens conduct in Ukraina was suspicious enough to ask the President of Ukraine to investigate it. I'm incline to agree with Pr. Trump, but the Bidens has of course the right to clarify what the  Hunter was getting paid for?

I'm damn sure, you'd be interested, too, if it was Pence's son working for, let's say, Putin's Gazprom...
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #624 on: January 24, 2020, 10:46:29 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2020, 10:52:47 AM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

Don't be an idiot.  Hunter Biden is not relevant to Trump's misconduct in this affair; this is an attempt to deflect (by Trump, his supporters, and you).  Bolton has relevant knowledge of what was going on; Biden does not.

How so? It has literally started the whole Impeachment.

President Trump is claiming that the Bidens conduct in Ukraina was suspicious enough to ask the President of Ukraine to investigate it. I'm incline to agree with Pr. Trump, but the Bidens has of course the right to clarify what the  Hunter was getting paid for?

I'm damn sure, you'd be interested, too, if it was Pence's son working for, let's say, Putin's Gazprom...

Putting aside the actual withholding of the military aid, a big part of the issue is that if Trump was so concerned about corruption involving a US citizen, he, as POTUS, has a vast array of official channels by which to investigate that potential corruption.

Using his personal attorney (an unappointed/unelected individual who is not an official member of his cabinet or any intelligence agency) as a channel is, at best, highly unethical and reinforces Trump's attitude of "I'm President. If it's not illegal, it's not wrong."  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies