Impeachment Megathread Part 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:40:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 75439 times)
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« on: January 22, 2020, 11:32:38 AM »

Unconfirmed, but per Twitter source, Trumps response to Impeachment Scam>>>

"You shout IMPEACH! out, but I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud, not saying much
I'm criticized, but all your bullets ricochet
Shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away

You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am TITANIUM
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I AM TITANIUM"

Sounds like him.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 11:30:32 AM »

The polls keep moving in the wrong direction for Trump:

How are those Dems #’s possible? It adds up to 102.9 🤔

"Table shows responses to two different questions, so answers should not add up to 100 percent."
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 04:51:08 AM »

Schiff: Brings Giuliani into the mix, and now we got the Russian hacking last Week of the Ukranian Oil Company where Biden's son was involved.... Russian hacking of US elections will continue.

Doing a pretty good job of putting Russian hacking into the mix and tying it together, and then tying in the potential that other Foreign Governments might see American action of weakness.

"Put American interests first"

It is exactly why Pr. Donald J Trump did a right thing. If you don't investigate the Bidens, Russians will. And nothing can stop these devils!

Ironically, the same people who thought that Pee Tape was plausible (LOL), don't understand the danger of the Bidens actions. The cocaine addict, Hunter who doesn't even use condoms while banging strippers, was getting paid $50 thousands a month by Ukrainian "pro-Russian" Gas (!!) company. Yikes! If you thought that Pee Tape was even remotely (!!!) plausible, you should think that Russian having dirt on Hunter is likely.

The president duty is to make sure that Russians can't blackmail the next president!  Angry
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 09:15:14 AM »

Trump retweeted this>>>

I agree with Zodiac on this matter!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »

WH just reminded Senators that USA is a representative democracy and that voters watch closely how Senators represent them during this Impeachment Show! Smiley))
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 10:12:39 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2020, 10:16:39 AM by Russian Bear »

WH just reminded Senators that USA is a representative democracy and that voters watch closely how Senators represent them during this Impeachment Show! Smiley))

Then I guess they support electing the President by popular vote.  Cool.

1. It is off-topic.
2. Electoral College is an example of representative democracy, obviously.

Then I guess they support electing the President by popular vote.  Cool.

And that in all recent polls 50% more of Americans want Mr. Trump impeached and removed from office. Not to mention, in the newest CNN poll nearly 7 in 10 want witnesses.

Yes, but Bidens and Democrats are totally refusing!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/479393-democrats-shoot-down-talk-of-bolton-hunter-biden-witness-swap
Democrats shoot down talk of Bolton, Hunter Biden witness swap

Unbelievable! What are they hiding?!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 10:40:35 AM »

Don't be an idiot.  Hunter Biden is not relevant to Trump's misconduct in this affair; this is an attempt to deflect (by Trump, his supporters, and you).  Bolton has relevant knowledge of what was going on; Biden does not.

How so? It has literally started the whole Impeachment.

President Trump is claiming that the Bidens conduct in Ukraina was suspicious enough to ask the President of Ukraine to investigate it. I'm incline to agree with Pr. Trump, but the Bidens has of course the right to clarify what the  Hunter was getting paid for?

I'm damn sure, you'd be interested, too, if it was Pence's son working for, let's say, Putin's Gazprom...
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 12:20:07 PM »

Don't be an idiot.  Hunter Biden is not relevant to Trump's misconduct in this affair; this is an attempt to deflect (by Trump, his supporters, and you).  Bolton has relevant knowledge of what was going on; Biden does not.

How so? It has literally started the whole Impeachment.

President Trump is claiming that the Bidens conduct in Ukraina was suspicious enough to ask the President of Ukraine to investigate it. I'm incline to agree with Pr. Trump, but the Bidens has of course the right to clarify what the  Hunter was getting paid for?

I'm damn sure, you'd be interested, too, if it was Pence's son working for, let's say, Putin's Gazprom...

Come on, Mr. Trump was never into caring about corruption in Ukraine. What else has he done other than singling out the son of a political rival? This whole thing is nonsense and it doesn't take much to see through it. Trump didn't even care whether there was an actual investigation in Ukraine. All he wanted is an announcement that makes the Bidens look corrupt to improve his reelection chances. And after he got caught by a whistleblower, he released the aid previously held back.

After all, there is not even evidence Hunter did something wrong legally. He only cashed in a ton of money, which he shouldn't have done from an ethical perspective. And Mr. Trump is the last person on earth to accuse anyone for being greedy.

I never said Trump was "into caring about corruption", but when he saw the Bidens in it, he couldn't resist. It's a politic. Like Benghazi. GOP cared only because Hillary was in it. Very "bad" to single her out, bur it's how it works.

He didn't want to pay because he's promised get along with Putin and Ukrainians set him up during 2016, when they leaked and started investigate Manafort who was then forced out. Trump wanted them to do same but against the Bidens  Mock

I didn't say that Bidens did anything illegal, but it was certainly a corruption (at least in Russia we would call it so). Just imagine if it was about the guys you don't like, like Trumps, in exactly same situation. If even with Trumps you wouldn't call it corrupt, then fine. Otherwise you understand that the only argument is that Biden is good and clean, while Trump is orange baad and corrupt.

But it is getting off topic. If Democrats really think it that Bolton is so important and that it is so obvious that the Bidens didn't do anything wrong, just invite them and explain to american people that you had to accept this "farce" because corrupt GOP forced you too in order to get Bolton, Mulvaney and others to testify.

Let american people decide. They are not stupid! They will see this allegedly obvious republican dishonesty and the Bidens innocence.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 11:33:56 AM »

Adam Schiff.

CNN nad MSBNC love him; and he gave an academy award winning presentation.
FOX News hate him; and he lies through his teeth.

It's a bit disappointing that the media is pre-owned by the political parties regardless of what was said.

Just have to wait for the result of the trial I guess.

Stop it. It is false equivalence fallacy.

Adam Schiff have been defrauding American Peoples in 3 years suggesting there is "smoking gun" in Russia Hoax. He is a proven liar CNN & MSNBC pretend it has never happen, but there is a tape haha!

It is beyond my understanding why Pelosi choose him as Impeachment Manager. But hey, may be she has a plan. She sent USMCA hours after articles of impeachment. Now Trump is gonna get  acquitted and then sign USMCA. Good job, everyone!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 12:34:22 PM »

So they are once again pushing the lie that Ukraine interfered in 2016. They have no shame and think very little of the public’s intelligence

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446
Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.
Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

The Ukrainian efforts had an impact in the race, helping to force Manafort’s resignation and advancing the narrative that Trump’s campaign was deeply connected to Ukraine’s foe to the east, Russia. But they were far less concerted or centrally directed than Russia’s alleged hacking and dissemination of Democratic emails.

How could you have missed it?

Right, you get all the information from Adam Schiff. I hope that he is gonna show us the smoking gun he was talking about since 2017. Hopefully before election hahahaha!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »

Interesting! It seems like Pr. Trump got impeached for wanting to investigate the Swamp.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 07:16:37 AM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 10:29:39 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2020, 10:41:34 AM by TæxasGúrl »

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/01/25/republicans-winning-trump-impeachment-trial-toobin-vpx.cnn
Toobin on impeachment trial: President is winning here
CNN analysts Jeffrey Toobin and Preet Bharara react to President Donald Trump's legal team opening arguments lasting under two hours on Saturday morning.

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 09:17:24 AM »

Impressive that nobody leaked Bolton's "draft" in a weeks, if not months!

After the leak it is becoming painfully obvious that senators should call the witnesses to testify. Hunter can't hide any longer  Angry

Trump vs Bolton fight will be epic. Bolton is going to cry like a baby!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 12:38:49 PM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 04:36:13 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/key-gop-senators-say-reports-on-bolton-book-bolster-case-for-witnesses-in-impeachment-trial/2020/01/27/2aba7700-4126-11ea-b503-2b077c436617_story.html

A protracted fight over witnesses and documents — should that key vote allow them later this week — could significantly drag out the length of Trump’s trial. One idea floated by Graham was for senators to look at Bolton’s unpublished manuscript. But for that to happen, Graham, said, the Bidens would also have to be investigated.

That was the consensus, Republicans said, after a closed-door party lunch, when senators concurred that if Bolton were called, the Senate would similarly have to summon the Bidens, according to Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.).

McConnell’s message to the conference was that, “remember, we passed a rules package that gives us an opportunity to vote on this very issue of witnesses after we hear both sides and ask our questions,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.).

Fair enough!  Angry
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 05:38:42 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/toomey-proposes-a-one-for-one-witness-deal-in-trump-impeachment-after-bolton-revelations/2020/01/27/ec405d5c-414b-11ea-aa6a-083d01b3ed18_story.html
Toomey proposes a ‘one-for-one’ witness deal in Trump impeachment trial amid Bolton revelations
Sen. Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.), an influential conservative in the Senate, has spoken with several colleagues in recent days about possibly summoning just two witnesses to President Trump’s impeachment trial, with one called by Republicans and one by Democrats, according to three Republican officials.

Toomey has confided to GOP senators that proposing a “one-for-one” deal with Senate Democrats may be necessary at some point, particularly with pressure mounting for witnesses to be called, according to the officials, who requested anonymity to discuss private conversations. He has argued that such an arrangement could force Democrats to accept a Republican witness against their wishes or else risk having Republicans move ahead to acquit Trump, the officials said.

Toomey has spoken about his idea with Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) and others, the officials added.

Toomey’s office declined to comment Monday.
Toomey, who is not up for reelection until 2022, is close to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.). He is not close with the president or top aides in the White House.

McConnell, however, is so far discouraging Toomey’s suggestion from becoming the party’s position. Instead, he told Senate Republicans during Monday’s lunch to wait on any witness deal proposal until after Trump’s legal team is done making its defense on the Senate floor, underscoring a position he has held for weeks, the officials said.

"Obvious choices  are Adam Schiff, Joe Biden and Hunter Biden for starters."

Schiff och Hunter? OMG, please, make it happen.

Disclaimer. I know it is not likely, but LMAO , I'm pissing my pants already! Angry
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 06:04:37 PM »

This whole thing about a supposed "deal" for witnesses is a non-starter & non-sequitur. Republicans have more than 50 votes in the Senate. If they want to call Hunter Biden or whoever and make a mockery out of themselves and the proceedings, there is nothing stopping them from doing that, and it doesn't depend on Democrats at all.

Moreover, there has been nothing stopping them from doing that since the start. So if they actually wanted to do so, one would think that they would have done so already (hint - they don't actually want that, they are just using it as a scare tactic and to try to distract from the facts of the case about what Trump did).

Moreover, they can also call whoever they want to testify before committees. There is nothing stopping Lindsay Graham or whatever committee chairs from calling whoever they want to testify before Congress.

None of that depends on Democrats or Democratic votes, and the idea that it does is ludicrous.

They are against it. But... The idea is that if there will be any witnesses, then both sides should be able to choose whoever they think are relevant.

For the sake of fairness, of course  Angry
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 06:11:17 PM »

The more Pam Bondi and Eric Herschmann talk about Hunter Biden, the uglier this gets for Joe Biden's campaign.

If we get witnesses, the murky world of Hunter, and hence Joe Biden, will be laid bare.

Yeah! Look at this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-vice-president-biden-said-ukraine-should-increase-gas-production-then-his-son-got-a-job-with-a-ukrainian-gas-company/2019/07/21/f599f42c-86dd-11e9-98c1-e945ae5db8fb_story.html
WaPo: As vice president, Biden said Ukraine should increase gas production. Then his son got a job with a Ukrainian gas company.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign
New Yorker: WILL HUNTER BIDEN JEOPARDIZE HIS FATHER’S CAMPAIGN?.
Joe Biden’s son is under scrutiny for his business dealings and tumultuous personal life

Trump should be impeached if he did NOT want to investigate this shady stuff (obvious corruption if you ask me)!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »

Also it's well sourced that Trump didn't care if Hunter were actually investigated or not, just that the announcement was made to hurt Joe's campaign. So that whole argument from the Trump side is a dud.

No, it is not.

Trump should be impeached if he did NOT want to investigate this shady stuff (obvious corruption if you ask me)!

Then HE SHOULD DO IT LEGALLY. 

Pardon the shout, but you have evidently not heard this the first 10 times that I and others have said it.

It is what the trial is about, isn't it? If the way Trump did it was illegal/impeachable or not.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 06:09:04 AM »

The more Pam Bondi and Eric Herschmann talk about Hunter Biden, the uglier this gets for Joe Biden's campaign.

If we get witnesses, the murky world of Hunter, and hence Joe Biden, will be laid bare.

Derschowitz could sneeze and you would say it was devastating for the Democrats.

Here you have CNN's Jeffrey Toobin saying Bondi "did an effective job" explaining the Bidens corruption.

They have a majority in the Senate. They can do whatever they want, the Dems have no way to stop it. If they want to call Hunter Biden + John Bolton to testify, they can do that and there is nothing the Dems can do to stop them. They don't need any assistance from the Dems to do so, they have the majority and can do so regardless of whatever the Dems may or may not think about it.

So either let them do that, or let them not. But the idea that it depends on the Dems is absurd.

If the GOP wants to do it, they will, if they don't then they won't - it is entirely up to them.

Ehm.... As I said, they don't want any witnesses. Romney explains better than I do.

I am not saying it is going to happen, though.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 06:42:33 AM »

Yeah! Look at this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-vice-president-biden-said-ukraine-should-increase-gas-production-then-his-son-got-a-job-with-a-ukrainian-gas-company/2019/07/21/f599f42c-86dd-11e9-98c1-e945ae5db8fb_story.html
WaPo: As vice president, Biden said Ukraine should increase gas production. Then his son got a job with a Ukrainian gas company.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign
New Yorker: WILL HUNTER BIDEN JEOPARDIZE HIS FATHER’S CAMPAIGN?.
Joe Biden’s son is under scrutiny for his business dealings and tumultuous personal life

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/1221920841627242498

Re:this

Graham seems to agree with me on this one.

"If one can find a scintilla of evidence about Biden corruption in Ukraine, the House case falls apart."

Yes, one can!
Yes, it does!
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 10:31:00 AM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »

Pointless, though.

Even if the manuscript says Trump is a Russian asset, it doesn’t make it necessarily true.

Who cares what this manuscript says lol

It would take the pressure off the "moderates".
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2020, 04:38:20 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/impeachment-trial-live-updates/2020/01/28/8fadd30e-41bd-11ea-aa6a-083d01b3ed18_story.html

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone began his final presentation with a video compilation showing several House managers and Senate Democrats criticizing the impeachment of President Bill Clinton in 1998.

In old C-SPAN footage, Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) said there should “never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment supported by one of our major political parties and opposed by the other.”

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) said the Clinton impeachment would “damage the faith the American people have in this institution.”

“Future presidents will face election, then litigation, then impeachment,” she said.

Sens. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) and Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) were shown making similar points as House representatives. Markey called the impeachment a “constitutional coup d’etat which will haunt this body and our country forever.”

The roundup ended with footage of Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) saying: “My fear is that when a Republican wins the White House, Democrats will demand payback.”

“You were right,” Cipollone said after the video ended, prompting laughter in the chamber. “But I’m sorry to say you were also prophetic. And I think I couldn’t say it better myself, so I won’t.”

I totally agree with Democrats on this one. Make Democrats Sane Again!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies