Rate this 2036 map.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:37:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Rate this 2036 map.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rate this 2036 map.  (Read 2082 times)
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 10, 2020, 08:24:07 AM »
« edited: January 10, 2020, 08:27:58 AM by Okthisisnotepic. »

What I think the map could look like in 2032-2040.

Edit: I'd change PA back to lean, not likely.  You could interchange OR and IL.  Genuinely unsure about Florida.

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 11:32:41 AM »

I think DE would flip before NJ but not too unreasonable this far out
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 11:51:51 AM »

Interesting that Republicans made significant inroads in NJ, VT, RI, PA and CT but NY and MA still remain Safe D. Also what happened that caused WA and OR to trend R, and AL, MS, LA, SC to trend D?
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 01:34:57 PM »

Interesting that Republicans made significant inroads in NJ, VT, RI, PA and CT but NY and MA still remain Safe D. Also what happened that caused WA and OR to trend R, and AL, MS, LA, SC to trend D?

I assume for AL, MS, LA, SC it's just increased diversity. Potentially the parties are being split along racial lines which explains why NE swung so R, though it doesn't explain MA
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 12:22:36 PM »

The 2036 is not going to look like the 2012-2016 trends projected out one more cycle.
It would make as much sense to say, in 1999, that the 2016 map should look like this.
538Electoral

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »

As the previous poster said, Way too early to guess what the 2036 map will look like.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »

I think the major open question is whether future Dems gain more ground in the West or South?  Also, does NY ever become viable for Republicans?

Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 12:00:25 PM »

the GOP has already reached it's ceiling with rural whites in the old south, and soon the Boomer gen will begin dying off.  Mississippi is majority-minority, so I predict it will be the first southern "safe R" state to flip, and it's feasible it happens before 2040.  South Carolina will also trend that way in several years (lean R on my map), and I could see LA and AL go to a sub-15 point margin. Appalachia OTOH still has decades of GOP dominance left, IMO.

I think New York and Mass. are too big and urban for the GOP to make any serious inroads, but states that are shrinking like Connecticut and Rhode Island are easier targets.  If NJ declines, I could see the GOP making inroads there as well as Illinois, but not for another 10-15 years at a minimum.  The GOP will also look differently than it does now, it has to to survive.

And I'm surprised no one mentioned Vermont.  The state is fairly poor with a wide wealth gap, extremely white and very rural- it's a ticking time bomb, and I'd put money that it will trend far right in the next 10-15 years.

Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 12:45:23 PM »

the GOP has already reached it's ceiling with rural whites in the old south, and soon the Boomer gen will begin dying off.  Mississippi is majority-minority, so I predict it will be the first southern "safe R" state to flip, and it's feasible it happens before 2040.  South Carolina will also trend that way in several years (lean R on my map), and I could see LA and AL go to a sub-15 point margin. Appalachia OTOH still has decades of GOP dominance left, IMO.

I think New York and Mass. are too big and urban for the GOP to make any serious inroads, but states that are shrinking like Connecticut and Rhode Island are easier targets.  If NJ declines, I could see the GOP making inroads there as well as Illinois, but not for another 10-15 years at a minimum.  The GOP will also look differently than it does now, it has to to survive.

And I'm surprised no one mentioned Vermont.  The state is fairly poor with a wide wealth gap, extremely white and very rural- it's a ticking time bomb, and I'd put money that it will trend far right in the next 10-15 years.

I believe Trump is the first sign of a GOP moving past the southern religious right base. Don't get me wrong, conservative evangelicals will probably continue to vote Republican, but we could see a GOP more palatable to irreligious and Catholic northeasterners. It might very well become the white party, but to accomplish that there will have to be some secularization. TL;DR, yeah, their center of gravity moving north makes sense as the religious right loses relevance.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 01:03:30 AM »

something to remember...."whiteness" in america is malleable and everchanging.

By 2036, I think many Hispanics, especially later generations whose parents and even grandparents were born in america, will consider themselves white.

it will follow a smilar trajectory of italians and eastern/southern europeans. these groups off the boat were NOT considered "white" for many years. Now, people of italian, polish, balkan, etc descent are considered in the same group as a WASP.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 06:42:50 AM »

something to remember...."whiteness" in america is malleable and everchanging.

By 2036, I think many Hispanics, especially later generations whose parents and even grandparents were born in america, will consider themselves white.

it will follow a smilar trajectory of italians and eastern/southern europeans. these groups off the boat were NOT considered "white" for many years. Now, people of italian, polish, balkan, etc descent are considered in the same group as a WASP.

That, plus intermarriage.  I don't think the country will "look" all that different by 2040 unless immigration increases radically.

It's already the "white party," but I genuinely believe that Northern whites aren't such a cheap date as their Southern counterparts. It's going to have to be more sophisticated than WHITE POWER! — i.e., the GOP will actually have to deliver for working-class whites on the economic front.

That's why I'm hoping the GOP makes inroads to take more pro-worker populist positions, which if timed right with the right messaging could corner the Ds as a party of Wall st, pro-China corporations and the managerial/consultant class.

Sometime (most likely 2024, no later than 2028) the GOP will suffer a devastating electoral loss, and introspection will have to happen to compete at the national level. 

The Nevertrump Rs like to spin a fairy tale about how the party was doing amazing and had a bright future before Trump and the GOP's abysmal numbers with voters born after 1980 happened overnight.  That's a lie, the GOP has been a toxic brand for a long time, and if the party can't figure out how to appeal to voters born after 1980, they're screwed.  Trump just bought them a few years.

It stuns me how few bigwigs in the party understands this...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 09:28:11 AM »

This map will never happen the rust belt go R and Sunbelt goes D, we thought that this would happen in 2020, but it didnt. Only if the Dems become the WWX party and Rs become the Lincoln party again
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 12:48:20 PM »

MS might become more competitive but I'd be surprised if it seriously becomes a swing state.

Horrible Map because you didn't make an effort to find a site that could allow you to change EV numbers.
Camaro33
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.23, S: 0.17

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 06:01:26 PM »

lol at Connecticut. Typical Atlas delusion. Among the Safest D states in the nation with only positive trends here in the future for Democrats. Zero chance Republican or being close to tossup.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 09:07:45 AM »

Free trade Democrats and protectionist Republicans?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 04:03:22 PM »

What I think the map could look like in 2032-2040.

Edit: I'd change PA back to lean, not likely.  You could interchange OR and IL.  Genuinely unsure about Florida.

There are no reasons the believe that AL/SC/LA/NJ will be remotely competitive. And LOL at VT being Lean R
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 05:23:27 PM »

This map will never happen the rust belt go R and Sunbelt goes D, we thought that this would happen in 2020, but it didnt. Only if the Dems become the WWX party and Rs become the Lincoln party again
Wait you have the elections results for 2020!?
Please tell us!
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 12:30:08 AM »

I can't imagine a situation where Mississippi is only tilt R and it just feels most of these have virtually no chance of happening to the extent shown here
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 10:27:15 AM »

No, the rust belt wont turn red, Joe Kennedy is the future D beyond 2024 and he is guaranteed the midwest
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies