Women Now Outnumber Men on U.S. Workforce (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:38:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Women Now Outnumber Men on U.S. Workforce (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Women Now Outnumber Men on U.S. Workforce  (Read 1364 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: January 18, 2020, 04:54:33 PM »

Honestly it is stuff like this and related reports like "Women now outnumber men in college degrees" that make me genuinely think the income pay gap will gradually go away and possibly even reverse over the 21st century.

I would not be massively surprised if by the time I am retires I start seeing reports like "Men make 90 cents for every dollar a woman makes" and what not.

Also considering social stereotypes and what not, I wonder if this will also help towards combating sexism and what not.

America's transition from an labor-based (i.e., mining, manufacturing, farming, etc.) economy to a service-dominated economy has naturally benefited women, and the decline in meaningful work for American men is a major contributor to our current social woes (i.e., mass shootings, White nationalism, opioid epidemic, etc.)

While I agree with the second half of the statement, I would disagree that said transition naturally benefits women. The service sector is such a large one that you can easily find jobs for both men and women there.

A big example of a rising and male dominated career is computer science and programming for example.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies