Virginia Gay Marriage Ban Will Be On Referendum This Year
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:33:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Virginia Gay Marriage Ban Will Be On Referendum This Year
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: How would you vote?
Democrat -Aye

Democrat -Nay

Republican -Aye

Republican -Nay

independent/third party -Aye

independent/third party -Nay

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Virginia Gay Marriage Ban Will Be On Referendum This Year  (Read 5468 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2006, 03:01:11 PM »

Alcon, let us not be too hard on Opebo.  He has fallen on some hard times lately, and so he will need all our moral (and his parents' financial) support to pull him through.

In fact, he has even been reduced from pounding two or three hookers a day to only one or two -I mean, that is an outrage!   

Not to mention he's becoming middle-aged!  Oh, what a horrible life!  Almost as bad as being poor.

At least we have our youth, eh?

I know that was sarcasm, but I would completely agree. I really dread the thought of being over 30. Good thing I still have almost 8 years to go!

You are right to dread, BRTD - being over 30 is horrible.  Of course it is better than being dead, but it such is a half-life compared to the 20's.  Enjoy it while it lasts - there will come a day when the 18 year old girls simply won't be interested!
bergie72
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 4.77, S: -3.48

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2006, 12:23:28 AM »

Nay.

Why do so many people think that gay marriage will affect them?  They say that it will "damage the sanctity of marriage"...   

Why don't you ever hear these same people criticize Britney Spears and her 55-hour marriage, Liz Taylor going to the altar 8 times (or is it nine now?), Mickey Rooney with 8, Joan Collins with 5...  So many celebrities change their spouses as often as other people clean out their wardrobe... 

sorry -- that's been bugging me for a long time, and I just had to vent....  :-)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2006, 01:16:11 AM »

I'd vote yes of course.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2006, 07:26:16 AM »

Yes, you hate a gay as well as a black, StatesRights.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2006, 05:38:26 PM »

You may want to read Frodo's post...this also bans civil unions...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2006, 05:45:30 PM »

Thats what happens when you try to write a law in the middle of short term hysteria. Though sometimes you have to take a step backward before you can take a step forward. In a generation or so people will be busy trying overturn these marriage bans and wondering what on earth their parents generation were thinking.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2006, 06:10:39 PM »

Thats what happens when you try to write a law in the middle of short term hysteria. Though sometimes you have to take a step backward before you can take a step forward. In a generation or so people will be busy trying overturn these marriage bans and wondering what on earth their parents generation were thinking.

I'm afraid that is wishful thinking, considering the direction the benighted USA is taking.  Of course you're relatively safe in Britain.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2006, 06:13:26 PM »

Alcon, let us not be too hard on Opebo.  He has fallen on some hard times lately, and so he will need all our moral (and his parents' financial) support to pull him through.

In fact, he has even been reduced from pounding two or three hookers a day to only one or two -I mean, that is an outrage!   

Not to mention he's becoming middle-aged!  Oh, what a horrible life!  Almost as bad as being poor.

At least we have our youth, eh?

You mean being a poor, right Alcon? Wink
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2006, 07:51:30 PM »

R: Undecided
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2006, 07:52:12 PM »

Are you aware that this will also ban civil unions?  Don't you find that a wee bit excessive?
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2006, 07:54:29 PM »

Are you aware that this will also ban civil unions?  Don't you find that a wee bit excessive?

If the referendum were to ban simply gay marriage, I would definitely vote aye. I'm not sure where I stand on civil unions, so that is why I am undecided.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2006, 02:08:16 AM »

If the referendum were to ban simply gay marriage, I would definitely vote aye. I'm not sure where I stand on civil unions, so that is why I am undecided.

I'd want all of it banned. No need for the state to be encouraging moral indecency.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2006, 02:50:00 AM »

Dem- Nay

hopefully this doesn't pass.  With how its written banning Civil Unions as well, it will make this closer than if it was just on Gay Marriage.  This bill will get absolutley destroyed in Northern Virginia (Arlington & Fairfax especially), but it might not be enough to defeat this piece of trash
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2006, 06:41:34 AM »

I'd want all of it banned. No need for the state to be encouraging moral indecency.

Yes, yes, you already posted that you hate a gay, and a black, StatesRights.  No need for the endless repetition.  May just put it in your signature and have done with it, hater. Smiley

Not for long Alcon, not for long!  If there is any lesson I may impart to you it is - youth is terribly fleeting.  Enjoy it while it lasts, and by that I mean, get laid.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2006, 11:52:01 PM »

Aye without question

I voted option 4.  Im so far the only Republican who would vote no on this.

Change to Red
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2006, 12:02:09 AM »

Aye without question

Change to Red

Yes, anyone who supports civil unions is a RINO.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2006, 12:20:09 AM »

Not for long Alcon, not for long!  If there is any lesson I may impart to you it is - youth is terribly fleeting.  Enjoy it while it lasts, and by that I mean, get laid.

Hey, most of my relatives have full, entirely coloured hair well into their 60s and can easily pass for 10 years younger.  Youth isn't necessarily fleeting for all of us, bud.

Aye without question

Change to Red

Yes, anyone who supports civil unions is a RINO.

You'd then complain he is too conservative to be a DINO.

Do people who are not party line exist in an infinite limbo where they have to switch parties depending on what they last posted?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies