What is your opinion on punching Nazis?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:48:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What is your opinion on punching Nazis?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is your opinion on punching Nazis?  (Read 1154 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2020, 12:52:12 AM »

Is it bad to not tolerate Nazis and white nationalists like Richard Spencer? What would you do if you saw someone covered in swastika and white power tattoos?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 01:38:51 AM »

Violence / stooping to their level isn't the answer 99% of the time.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 01:54:25 AM »

Just ignore it.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 02:19:12 AM »

Pretty much this:

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 08:36:55 AM »

I generally believe that violence only helps out the fascists' cause, it makes them look sympathetic, and they are trained in the art of mass appeal. However, Richard Spencer absolutely deserved to get punched and I will never leap to the defense of a nazi who gets punched. If it happens, it happens.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 10:16:29 AM »

Doing violence against people practicing bad politics in a liberal democracy is always wrong.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 10:21:02 AM »

Random violence (i.e. not self-defense) is never the solution.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 05:59:08 PM »

Herbert Runge might have had a decent professional career were it not for World War II.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 06:01:03 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2020, 07:08:24 PM by Meclazine »

Here's your chance. 2 days ago:

https://youtu.be/tX9onDmjnWM0

This guy probably will get a smack in the head. I thought it was illegal to fly the Nazi flag in Australia. Why did we send ten's of thousands of soldiers to Europe to fight these clowns only to see people celebrate their ideology?

I do find that is utterly disgusting given the history of the European Jewish population in the 1940's.

If he was my neighbour, that flag would be gone within 5 minutes.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 06:54:26 PM »

If there is any group of people who deserve to be punched, it's Nazis. If you see a Nazi and they initiate violence against you, by all means, physically hurt them! I'm a Jew, I kind of can't resist saying that.

However, I don't think people should act like vigilantes and go out and pursue Nazis just to harm them. If you don't have to deal interact with them, don't make an excuse to do so.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 04:12:14 PM »

I'm extremely sympathetic towards people who are willing to go against the prevailing social winds, so tbh I'd probably nod respectfully and move on.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 11:25:52 AM »

I'm extremely sympathetic towards people who are willing to go against the prevailing social winds, so tbh I'd probably nod respectfully and move on.

What if the person was a literal Nazi prison guard or someone covered in swastikas?

Someone who is covered in swastika tattoos deserves to get beat up.

If I met someone in my neighborhood that was a guard in a Nazi prison camp, I’d deport them to Poland or Israel.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 12:05:04 PM »

What if the person was a literal Nazi prison guard or someone covered in swastikas?

If I met someone in my neighborhood that was a guard in a Nazi prison camp, I’d deport them to Poland or Israel.

What if they are an ex-white supremacist who had reformed and is ashamed of their tattoos?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 12:43:28 PM »

As a law-abiding citizen I feel little compulsion to visit violence on others. Getting high on feelings of vengeance and violence is psychologically and morally deleterious. Don’t give into Fanonism simply because it seems straightforward or retributive.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 01:15:10 PM »

A literal Nazi prison guard would be at least 90 years old. You gonna go punch an old man in a wheelchair in the face to stick it to Trump?
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 01:48:53 PM »

(Literal) freedom activity
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »

A literal Nazi prison guard would be at least 90 years old. You gonna go punch an old man in a wheelchair in the face to stick it to Trump?

I would not punch an old man that is at least ninety years old. However, I might consider getting a literal Nazi prison guard living in my neighborhood deported to Israel (or Poland).
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 07:25:43 AM »

I would not punch an old man that is at least ninety years old. However, I might consider getting a literal Nazi prison guard living in my neighborhood deported to Israel (or Poland).

Deport them to a country they're not from? I'm sure Israel and Poland would agree to that.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 03:16:37 PM »

Deport them to a country they're not from? I'm sure Israel and Poland would agree to that.

We can deport Germans to Israel, but God forbid we deport Mexicans to Mexico.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 09:46:30 PM »

We can deport Germans to Israel, but God forbid we deport Mexicans to Mexico.

It would be interesting seeing how Israel or Poland would deal with a Nazi prison guard that got dropped off in their country.

I only mentioned Nazi prison guards specifically, not Germans in general.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 01:13:48 AM »

Actually punching actual Nazis is often a meritorious thing, but "pUnCh A nAzI" in the sense that a lot of progressives use it today is basically just an old meme at this point.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2020, 12:35:18 AM »

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States