Is continuing to have soldiers die in a stupid war strong on national security?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:38:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Is continuing to have soldiers die in a stupid war strong on national security?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is continuing to have soldiers die in a stupid war strong on national security?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Is continuing to have soldiers die in a stupid war strong on national security?  (Read 1297 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 27, 2006, 11:02:51 AM »

Based on comments here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=35472.0
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 11:06:23 AM »

No if taken literally. But you posed the question wrong. It should be: Is "strong on national security" pc-speech for continuing to have soldiers die in a stupid war? In which case the answer is yes.

I did vote No though.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 11:11:58 AM »

Though your question is wrong (and biased), I voted yes.  We are losing less men in Iraq than we are domestically.  For a war time situation, that is a very good number.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 11:17:10 AM »

Though your question is wrong (and biased), I voted yes.  We are losing less men in Iraq than we are domestically.  For a war time situation, that is a very good number.

I was referring to Vietnam, not Iraq.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 11:19:57 AM »

Then why the hell didn't you say that?

Anyways I voted yes because of what MODU said so....yeah.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 11:22:13 AM »

Then why the hell didn't you say that?

Anyways I voted yes because of what MODU said so....yeah.

See the link. I think it's safe to say "Scoop" didn't have much to do with Iraq.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 11:31:42 AM »

As far as Vietnam was going, it was terribly mismanaged (thanks to DC politics), though we were winning.  If the politicians would have stayed out of the planning stages of the war, we probably would have had less casualties.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 11:32:34 AM »

As far as Vietnam was going, it was terribly mismanaged (thanks to DC politics), though we were winning.  If the politicians would have stayed out of the planning stages of the war, we probably would have had less casualties.

We could've have had no casualties by never getting involved. And the US would be in no more danger.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »

We could've have had no casualties by never getting involved. And the US would be in no more danger.

Hindsight is always 20/20.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 06:29:57 AM »

The claims of right-wingers that we 'were winning the war' or 'we would've won the war had the politicians stayed out of it' are pathetic.  You're bad loosers!  Show a little sportsmanship, admit you lost, and that the Vietnamese were the 'better man'.  They beat you, and from a position of far inferior material capacity, due to being considerably more brave, smarter, and more determined. 

You're not doing yourselves any favours with your sour grapes, sore loser attitude.  You act as if you think Americans are by definition superior to the people of other countries!  Such a position reveals your laughable hubris.

Oh and you're all fat too.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 08:40:35 AM »

The claims of right-wingers that we 'were winning the war' or 'we would've won the war had the politicians stayed out of it' are pathetic.  You're bad loosers!  Show a little sportsmanship, admit you lost, and that the Vietnamese were the 'better man'.  They beat you, and from a position of far inferior material capacity, due to being considerably more brave, smarter, and more determined. 

You're not doing yourselves any favours with your sour grapes, sore loser attitude.  You act as if you think Americans are by definition superior to the people of other countries!  Such a position reveals your laughable hubris.

Another insightful post brought to you by the dumbass in Thailand.
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »

I vote no.

Here are some other things that could have happened:

We could have prevented the communists from taking over the country by taking it over ourselves, although at a cost of many more lives.

We could have nuked the country to save it from the commies.

We could have stayed out and lost no lives either Vietnamese or American. How would we be worse off today if we had done that?
How would we be better off today if we had managed to win?

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 11:15:35 PM »

Yeah, nuclear weapons would have been more effective.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 07:33:02 AM »

Yeah, nuclear weapons would have been more effective.

Yes, since the individual Vietnamese soldier was so far superior to the individual American soldier. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies