Bush within Margin of Error in New Jersey according to Quinnipiac Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:14:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Bush within Margin of Error in New Jersey according to Quinnipiac Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush within Margin of Error in New Jersey according to Quinnipiac Poll  (Read 4779 times)
Spin Police
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2004, 05:15:15 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2004, 09:57:34 PM by Spin Police »

Kerry is up 3% both with and without Nader on Ballot in New Jersey

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x11300.xml

Is this state actually close?

Democracy Corps Poll has Kerry up 1 or 2% Nationally.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/2004/polls.php?action=indpoll&id=200405130

Other than noting a very modesty too democratic a sample, this poll is "Vorlon Recomended"

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 06:50:04 PM »

Amazed the Undecideds are so small (4%)… I would expect that it would be around 8%, especially with all that has happened… amazingly robust but its sounds about right as far as Kerry’s lead a few points sounds about right.  
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 07:20:48 PM »

Amazed the Undecideds are so small (4%)… I would expect that it would be around 8%, especially with all that has happened… amazingly robust but its sounds about right as far as Kerry’s lead a few points sounds about right.  

Maybe the poll does a good job of 'eking the leans' out of people
emergingDmajority1
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 11:00:52 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2004, 11:01:55 PM by emergingDmajority1 »

what is going on? Bush is tied in NC with Kerry/Edwards? Bush within the margin of error in NJ???

This looks more like the election of 1976. no way should dems be close in NC, or Bush so close in NJ.

the polls are all over the place, where was the Gore/Bush race in NJ on May 18?

maybe it's because Kerry still hasn't picked out a VP yet and is in semi hibernation?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 11:20:32 PM »

Does look like an oversampling of Republicans, although still would come out to be closer than we all think it is going to be.  Using 2000 exit poll #'s and the % of support each candidate received Kerry is up by 5 without Nader 4 with Nader.  

Independents in Jersey are pretty much split in this poll, Gore won Independents by double digits last time.  Maybe it will hold true, but I happen to think this poll leaned to the right a bit with its Independents.  If I'm not mistaken Quinnipiac was off quite a bit in 2000 favoring Bush
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 05:29:46 AM »

They can't get PA right either.  
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 12:10:31 PM »

Didn't they also have Hillary and Lazio running neck and neck?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 01:32:17 PM »

If this poll is accurate, and I'm not saying it is, it is possible that the so called "Security Mom" affect hasn't worn-off yet in NJ.  If this is so, then chances are that it hasn't worn off yet in the Philadelphia area.  If this hold, that could be very good news for Bush come November.
John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 01:54:03 PM »

BUSH MIGHT HAVE A CHACE IN NJ
Spin Police
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 02:02:36 PM »

Didn't they also have Hillary and Lazio running neck and neck?

That was Zogby not Quinnipiac
NHPolitico

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 07:00:51 PM »

If this poll is accurate, and I'm not saying it is, it is possible that the so called "Security Mom" affect hasn't worn-off yet in NJ.  If this is so, then chances are that it hasn't worn off yet in the Philadelphia area.  If this hold, that could be very good news for Bush come November.

This reminds me of a what-if in New Jersey. Senator Christie Todd Whitman. Bush chooses someone else at EPA. CTW leads NJ bravely after 9/11 and wins Torch's seat.  It should have happened. What actually happened sucked hard for every Republican.  A Senator "Security Mom" would have been a great presence for the NJ-GOP.
Rococo4

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 11:22:02 PM »

This reminds me of a what-if in New Jersey. Senator Christie Todd Whitman. Bush chooses someone else at EPA. CTW leads NJ bravely after 9/11 and wins Torch's seat.  It should have happened. What actually happened sucked hard for every Republican.  A Senator "Security Mom" would have been a great presence for the NJ-GOP.

I couldnt agree more.....Whitman would have been Lautenberg I feel.  SHe was a bad pick for the EPA anyways.

Regardless, Kerry is still going to win NJ
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 10:15:57 AM »

That Bush isn't skinned alive in NJ is almost entirely due to media bleed from his Philadelphia ad campaign. I am certain that his support in NJ is inversely proportional to the distance from the Delaware River.

And boy is Bush spending the dough: 130 million spent so far [!], and only 70 million on hand? Unless the GOP can scrape together a few more rubber chicken fundraising banquets these few months, Bush will have blown his entire stash before Kerry has endorsed a single Soros check.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2004, 09:51:04 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2004, 09:52:00 PM by President Nym90 »

EmergingDMajority1--

Great points! I agree totally about Kerry's lackluster effort. He needs to step it up.

If you could send me an email at enyman90@yahoo.com, that would be great.... Thanks.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2004, 10:38:01 AM »

EmergingDMajority1--

Great points! I agree totally about Kerry's lackluster effort. He needs to step it up.

If you could send me an email at enyman90@yahoo.com, that would be great.... Thanks.

I suppose that means I must give my email out for... certain reasons! Wink
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2004, 01:03:12 PM »

when it comes down to it kerry will take NJ...kerry needs to focus on grassrots in PA, put some more paid staffers there...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies