Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Clinton says "nobody likes" Sanders and calls him a "career politician"  (Read 9696 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2020, 04:10:09 PM »

But listen people, it's only Sanders sjpporters who want to re-litigate the 2016 primary. Good to sse the usual suspects trot out their usual attacks as well.

Also, this is kinda hilarious because #ILikeBernie is now trending on Twitter.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »

This is why I like Steyer.

Steyer seems to have some weird need to get Sanders to like him. He tried to speak to him and Sanders acted like Steyer was garbage. Sanders doesn't like him because of his wealth, but Steyer doesn't seem to realize that.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2020, 04:22:14 PM »

Lol

That's a lot coming from her
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2020, 04:23:54 PM »

This is why I like Steyer.

Steyer seems to have some weird need to get Sanders to like him. He tried to speak to him and Sanders acted like Steyer was garbage. Sanders doesn't like him because of his wealth, but Steyer doesn't seem to realize that.

You didn't see them dancing together at the same event, laughing and acting cordial to one another?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2020, 04:37:52 PM »

I will never support the Democratic establishment. Never! I'd rather have Trump than Hilldog.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »

Classy as always.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2020, 05:02:57 PM »

Are the Clinton haters really going to the same strategy they used with Tulsi where they remove the context of her statement?

She clearly meant that nobody in Congress likes him.  Obviously his wife likes him.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2020, 05:03:45 PM »

Classy as always.
Good response. My opinion of this guy has risen from this event a bit.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2020, 05:05:48 PM »

He has a reputation of being difficult to work with and thinking that his way is the only way. His supporters think he is this super nice person for some reason and they have zero evidence to support that.

Good point ... both these people are probably assholes.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2020, 05:06:25 PM »

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »

Are the Clinton haters really going to the same strategy they used with Tulsi where they remove the context of her statement?

She clearly meant that nobody in Congress likes him.  Obviously his wife likes him.
Are you incapable of understanding a joke?
mgop
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2020, 05:25:48 PM »

she is such a loser, full of hate. she is probably the only person in universe who could manage to lose from trump one on one. if she wasn't former president's wife, she would never become a senator, and if it wasn't for corrupted dnc machine she would never be candidate in 2016.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2020, 05:29:25 PM »

Why are you so filled with hatred? It's not good for your health.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2020, 05:43:10 PM »

I'll note that this thread has like 100+ replies and I can't find any posts disputing the actual substance of what Hillary said:

A) Sanders has (virtually) no friends in the Senate, and never has

B) He's never accomplished anything of note

C) He is a "career politician"

Instead it's six pages of "shut your f***ing mouth, bitch, you lost and everyone hates you."

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2020, 05:51:18 PM »

I'll note that this thread has like 100+ replies and I can't find any posts disputing the actual substance of what Hillary said:

Instead it's six pages of "shut your f***ing mouth, bitch, you lost and everyone hates you."

I can just point out that Sanders has won an election without having an office gift-wrapped for him. I also recall him working with McCain on the VA committee to get things done. He's also got more roll call amendments passed in a Rspublican congress than anyone else. I also severely question the judgement of anyone who voted for the Iraq War.

Clinton and her supporters need to stop rehashing 2016 just because Sanders had the sheer gall to run and didn't kiss her feet on request.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2020, 05:55:06 PM »

Ironic coming from Clinton.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2020, 05:58:00 PM »

It's going to be really funny if Sanders in the nominee because Hillary would definitely vote Trump in that scenario
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2020, 05:59:44 PM »

I can just point out that Sanders has won an election without having an office gift-wrapped for him. I also recall him working with McCain on the VA committee to get things done. He's also got more roll call amendments passed in a Rspublican congress than anyone else. I also severely question the judgement of anyone who voted for the Iraq War.

Clinton and her supporters need to stop rehashing 2016 just because Sanders had the sheer gall to run and didn't kiss her feet on request.

Literally the only part of that that's relevant to what Clinton actually said is the part about amendments and the bill he did with McCain.

That one bill is the only piece of legislation he's passed, in 40 years in Congress, that wasn't naming a post office.  Must have been a great bill though right?  No.  It's super basic and not even one page long.  You can read it for yourself: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BILLS-113s893enr/pdf/BILLS-113s893enr.pdf

As for his amendments, can you name the best amendment he's written?  Let's say in the last ten years to keep it simple.  From what I've seen, all his amendments are either nitpicks or pointless mission statements, nothing that actually accomplished anything.

So while I respect that you're the first person in this thread to actually dispute what Clinton said, I don't think using a one-page bill and a bunch of do-nothing amendments as evidence of Sanders' productivity is a very good argument.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2020, 06:02:09 PM »

Literally the only part of that that's relevant to what Clinton actually said is the part about amendments and the bill he did with McCain.

That one bill is the only piece of legislation he's passed, in 40 years in Congress, that wasn't naming a post office.  Must have been a great bill though right?  No.  It's super basic and not even one page long.  You can read it for yourself: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BILLS-113s893enr/pdf/BILLS-113s893enr.pdf

As for his amendments, can you name the best amendment he's written?  Let's say in the last ten years to keep it simple.  From what I've seen, all his amendments are either nitpicks or pointless mission statements, nothing that actually accomplished anything.

So while I respect that you're the first person in this thread to actually dispute what Clinton said, I don't think using a one-page bill and a bunch of do-nothing amendments as evidence of Sanders' productivity is a very good argument.

Please just let 2016 go. I understand you hate him becausehe dared to run when Hillary was supposed to be anointed or something, but just let this psychotic hatred go. Honestly, I am yet to see anything that disproves my belief that you'll vote for Trump if Sanders is nominated.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2020, 06:06:32 PM »

I see you missed my reply on the first page which has 9 recommendations

"Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done," Clinton told the Hollywood Reporter as a part of the upcoming Hulu documentary on the former secretary of state. "He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it."

I see no lies here.

He's part of the Senate Democratic Caucus leadership team and was chairman of the Veteran's Affairs Committee where he worked with John McCain to co-author a bill on veteran's health, so it's obviously untrue that no-one likes Sanders or wants to work with him. Clinton is projecting her own feelings onto Sanders' colleagues in the Senate with whom he gets on fairly well.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2020, 06:15:41 PM »

Hillary is a national disgrace.. She is the antithesis of Sanders - corrupt, dishonest, and untrustworthy. Nobody liked her either in the 2016 election.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2020, 06:23:01 PM »

Even the most moderate Democrat running can't talk shlt to another one for "offering free stuff," LMAO.
Epaminondas

« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2020, 06:27:33 PM »

Please just let 2016 go. I understand you hate him because he dared to run when Hillary was supposed to be anointed or something, but just let this psychotic hatred go. Honestly, I am yet to see anything that disproves my belief that you'll vote for Trump if Sanders is nominated.
Cinemark

« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2020, 06:27:58 PM »

But listen people, it's only Sanders sjpporters who want to re-litigate the 2016 primary. Good to sse the usual suspects trot out their usual attacks as well.

Also, this is kinda hilarious because #ILikeBernie is now trending on Twitter.

No offense, but whenever anything negative heads towards Bernie's direction, Twitter almost always turns it into a self congratulatory Bernie love fest.

Now, not saying thats a bad thing. One of Hillary's biggest weaknesses back in 2016 was her god awful online campaign infrastructure. If he wins the nomination, his online community will do wonders combating the fake news and smears that are going to inevitably come out against him from the right.  

Edit: And if Biden or Klobuchar win the nomination, they'll have the exact same issue that Hillary had. An online defense force is incredibly important this day and age. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2020, 06:31:56 PM »

I see you missed my reply on the first page which has 9 recommendations

"Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done," Clinton told the Hollywood Reporter as a part of the upcoming Hulu documentary on the former secretary of state. "He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it."

I see no lies here.

He's part of the Senate Democratic Caucus leadership team and was chairman of the Veteran's Affairs Committee where he worked with John McCain to co-author a bill on veteran's health, so it's obviously untrue that no-one likes Sanders or wants to work with him. Clinton is projecting her own feelings onto Sanders' colleagues in the Senate with whom he gets on fairly well.

That story just has people saying they're impressed with his campaign.  None of them endorsed him except his Vermont co-senator.

The one-page VA bill was addressed above.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies