Will establishment Democrats successfully take down Bernie Sanders again?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:34:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will establishment Democrats successfully take down Bernie Sanders again?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will establishment Democrats successfully take down Bernie Sanders again?  (Read 319 times)
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2020, 10:59:27 PM »

Many of us know that the DNC rigged the Primaries for Hillary in 2016. Do you think the establishment wing of the Democratic Party will take down Bernie again? Sanders is surging, and my biggest fear at this point is the Democrats either running a smear campaign against him or cheating him out of the DNC nomination for Biden.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 11:12:35 PM »

You guys really are just like Trump supporters.  You tell a lie, everyone gangs up to demonstrate clearly and overwhelmingly why it's a lie, and then a week later you come back and tell the same lie.

Because it's not about you actually believing the lie, it's about getting other people to think you believe it.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 11:13:09 PM »

Many of us know that the DNC rigged the Primaries for Hillary in 2016.

Stopped reading here.
Cinemark

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 11:15:32 PM »

The DNC did not rig the primaries. They just assumed Hillary wasn't getting any legitimate competition and acted accordingly.

Regardless, Bernie is fine. He will probably get attacked from the center wing of the party, but that's what a primary is for. But like, the DNC is not actively conspiring against him.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:29 PM »

I think it depends on how Sanders campaigns. Remember that even though Hillary had the backing of the establishment back in 2007-08, Obama successfully took her down by aggressively going after her track record as Senator. If Sanders had taken a page from Obama's book back in 2015-16 and went after Hillary more aggressively, he might have won the nomination back then. My main concern is him not learning the correct lessons from Obama's campaign in 2007-08 and his own previous campaign from 2015-16.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 11:20:16 PM »

No, they shouldnt, Biden is damaged goods. The FBI had already cleared Hilary, but havent Biden, we shouldnt take down Bernie this time. Bill Bradley endorsed Biden, that was a bad endorsement
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 11:41:03 PM »

Do we need another thread that'll just rehash into what's been repeated on this board for four years and something I'd prefer to keep in 1-2 threads? Honestly I'm going to lock this if I find myself when I'm suppose to be doing other work having to clean up multiple posts from the usual suspects just as a fair warning.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 12:49:01 PM »

2016 Democratic nomination contests were rigged in favor of Bernie Sanders due to caucus states, which suppressed turnout in favor of Sanders.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 12:53:33 PM »

The establishment didn't rig anything, Sanders just received less votes and that translated into fewer delegates. The voters decided the race and it wasn't even close.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies