Joined CGT / PCF protests today in France
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:13:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Joined CGT / PCF protests today in France
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joined CGT / PCF protests today in France  (Read 452 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »

Was pretty fun. Will join protests more. Got tear gas over me. Went with PVDA as a sign of solidarity for the French workers who are being oppressed by police violence and Macron's regime.

Will elaborate on my experience tomorrow.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 08:02:36 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2020, 10:16:44 PM by PSOL »

Just a reminder that if you’re part of a protest movement, you shouldn’t speak much about it unless you want the Feds to come busting up the next one. Furthermore, you should especially be concerned about your security in saying things online if you’re a member of, oh I don’t know, a Communist party perhaps?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 09:18:22 PM »

Tiresome as I often find you, Laki, you're literally fighting for freedom here, so massive kudos.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »

Tiresome as I often find you, Laki, you're literally fighting for freedom here, so massive kudos.
^^^^^^

As a Frenchman, a heartfelt thank you for fighting for my rights.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 12:24:06 AM »

Just a reminder that if you’re part of a protest movement, you shouldn’t speak much about it unless you want the Feds to come busting up the next one. Furthermore, you should especially be concerned about your security in saying things online if you’re a member of, oh I don’t know, a Communist party perhaps?

Want to echo this, SECURITY CULTURE should take priority. Please be safe!!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 12:38:52 AM »

Want to echo this, SECURITY CULTURE should take priority. Please be safe!!

Europe has a very different culture than the US about this stuff. The PCF is a fairly established political party that's had government ministers (now it's been reduced to a rump of course, but that's partly a result of it turning into an establishment creature, and partly a product of demographic trends). And the CGT until recently was the largest trade union in France, with its representatives sitting on the boards of major companies. If the demonstration was organized by those two well-established forces, it was almost certainly authorized by the government (unlike, say, some of the Yellow Vest protests that sprang up out of nowhere). So I don't think Laki has anything to worry from the French or Belgian police by talking about it (though there's always a risk of being arrested during the protest, of course).
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 06:48:29 AM »

There is always a risk of being arrested, but i protest peacefully. I would never resort to violence. Others however can ruin it.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 11:45:47 PM »

Been to 200+ Demos in my life, last time some (15+) Years ago against Iraq War 2.0.

Been to Demos where sometimes things got sketchy and the masks come up and the tear gas shells are raining....

Vast majority are peaceful....

American Millennials no longer understand the concept of taking to the streets, unlike Europeans....

Instead they take to their Facebook accounts and their Smart Phones, and instead of Collective Resistance and Rebellion it is all about "selfies" and arguing with Friends and Family on Social Media....

Power to you for taking to the streets of France, while American "comrades", the vast majority of whom have no idea what it means when it comes to the power of the people on the streets, sit there and cheer you on from their ivory perches....
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 06:08:38 AM »

I will attend more demonstrations. Next one is on 1 march for La grande colère, where we protest for higher pensions and the fact that we still don't have a government.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 08:12:01 AM »

I'll join a demonstration tomorrow for our social security in Brussels.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 08:33:55 AM »

I thought you were Flemish and not Waloon? Isn't there a bit of a language barrier there?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 07:50:42 PM »

I thought you were Flemish and not Waloon? Isn't there a bit of a language barrier there?

Maybe he speaks French too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2020, 09:02:35 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POH14-HMGFc

Workers of the world unite!
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2020, 10:18:48 AM »

this is his head of faction and most prominent leader talking in both languages in the Federal chamber:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPna17dQX_I
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 03:23:57 PM »

I'm Flemish. There was a language barrier. I had difficulties talking to the French protestors, but i always said something like: "je parle un peu de francais, mais pas bien", but I think people did understand me when i talked to them. It was a good experience, something i very much liked.

Yesterday i joined a manifestation/demonstration for our social security. There were 20.000 demonstrators, and i was one of them. My party was present too, and campaigned and had an own podium where they argued for better pensions and sang: tous ensemble, allemaal samen heuj heuj heuj". It was really fun, which means: "all together". They're very pro-Belgian and most in favour of unification. All other parties are for some kind of split, but we're the only unionist party.

this was me wearing the banner of PCF Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies