MN-Gov: Pawlenty leads Hatch by 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:20:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MN-Gov: Pawlenty leads Hatch by 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MN-Gov: Pawlenty leads Hatch by 3  (Read 5605 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 29, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »

Rasmussen Reports:

MIINESOTA GOVERNOR
Tim Pawlenty (R) 47%
Mike Hatch (D) 44%

Tim Pawlenty (R) 46%
Steve Kelley (D) 37%
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 10:46:35 AM »

oh nick, who cares about those also-rans?

i think i speak for many others when i say im really curious to see how pawlenty is doing against the self professed vampire.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 12:14:23 PM »

I wonder why they didn't poll a Kelly Doran vs Tim Pawlenty match-up.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 02:55:21 PM »

That's pretty surprising.  I didn't even think this race was a close one!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 04:21:16 PM »

Huh  Maybe more threads about the Minnesota election should be opened so I can talk more Tongue

Hatch is a popular AJ here.  He's made a lot of lawsuits against big companies (especially health companies) about poor practices, negligence, etc., which have made him popular with we populist-leaning Minnesotans, who tend to be liberal than most on health care.  This has resulted in him getting plenty of plaudits, and he was the only Democrat elected in the 2002 statewide elections (winning 54-41-4).  I had been hoping for years that he'd run for Governor, and look, now he is Smiley
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 07:59:12 PM »

Pawlenty is the man. Hatch will have to run a tremendous campaign to have a shot at winning.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 08:35:24 PM »

Pawlenty is the man. Hatch will have to run a tremendous campaign to have a shot at winning.

Has there ever been a race where you've predicted a more pro-Democratic result than most people expected?
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »

Huh  Maybe more threads about the Minnesota election should be opened so I can talk more Tongue

Hatch is a popular AJ here.  He's made a lot of lawsuits against big companies (especially health companies) about poor practices, negligence, etc., which have made him popular with we populist-leaning Minnesotans, who tend to be liberal than most on health care.  This has resulted in him getting plenty of plaudits, and he was the only Democrat elected in the 2002 statewide elections (winning 54-41-4).  I had been hoping for years that he'd run for Governor, and look, now he is Smiley

If Hatch loses a close race, he'd be a sure bet against Norm Coleman, right?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 10:26:21 PM »

Has there ever been a race where you've predicted a more pro-Democratic result than most people expected?

Has there ever been a race where he's predicted a Democratic result, period?

I can't remember ever seeing one.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 11:41:47 PM »

Of course. If someone wants to dig up the House predictions thread from 2004-- if it exists still-- I predicted some Democrats to win that actually lost (and a couple 'questionable' predictions I made were in fact correct, such as Sodrel beating Hill). Also in 2004 I initially predicted Murkowski would lose, though by October I no longer thought that to be the case. Before Swann got hot, I predicted Rendell would easily win in '06 (that probably was not a good guess even then, because Scranton might be able to get close were he the nominee).

Claims that I never think a Democrat will win are factually in error. I am much less biased than most posters in my predictions, probably because I like to bet on things... and in doing so you learn that bias = losses.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 04:47:52 AM »

Lol, you thought Bush was gonna win Washington. You have a definite bias against Democrats.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 07:52:04 AM »

If Hatch loses a close race, he'd be a sure bet against Norm Coleman, right?

It depends; I'm not sure how long the AJ term is, and he was elected in 2002, so it's possible that, if he'd lost, he'd be out of a job, making his chances to be elected to anything slimmer.  But who knows *shrug*
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 08:32:23 AM »

Lol, you thought Bush was gonna win Washington. You have a definite bias against Democrats.
He didn't claim not to... he just said he was less biased than the average poster.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 02:11:21 PM »

As Lewis notes above, I did not claim zero bias. There is a certain amount of structural bias (psychologically speaking) that is unavoidable, except perhaps via an exercise of the utmost rigor (which is not really justified for the purposes of posting on a message board).

However, you are factually wrong in claiming I predicted Bush would win Washington state. I never, at any time, believed or posted that Bush had a 50% or greater chance at winning there.

I did (correctly) determine that Bush was undervalued in the Spring of 2004 in certain states. At the time I believed Kerry was likely to wind up with 45-47%; at the lower end of that range, Washington would be in play.

Bush of course blew the first debate which, coupled with some bad luck events-wise, got Kerry up to 48% and change, putting away easily all Democratic states.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »

The point to which your predictions are biased are beyond statistical bias.  They are just clearly biased.

Your predictions tend to have a heavy GOP bias.  You should adjust accordingly, but don't, in your predictions.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 10:57:28 PM »

Then why I am so rarely wrong?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2006, 11:17:28 PM »

You were dead wrong on Coors... And Kaine... Wink
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2006, 11:30:28 PM »

Is this your prediction map for 2004?

Or was there another AUH2O?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 01:40:48 AM »

Is this your prediction map for 2004?

Or was there another AUH2O?

lol is that a joke?

I don't ever post prediction maps, by the way. I'm not sure I even can, isn't there something additional you have to do for it to work?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 01:52:53 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2006, 01:54:43 AM by Alcon »

When you're wrong, though, you're very certain in your wrongness, and it's almost always to the GOP's benefit.

Maybe you all should start working on how to spin Kaine's impending defeat as some kind of moral victory as well.

You wish.

Zogby has churned out a lot of pro-Salazar polls, but other than that, this POS one is something of an outlier.

Mason-Dixon has it tied. SUSA had Coors ahead. Rasmussen has had Coors ahead.

But, most importantly, Bush is going to stomp Kerry in Colorado.

Coors is going to DC.

Nelson has a fairly severe problem on his hands.

You admit you have a bias.  If so, stop making authoritative-sounding calls that turn out to be horribly wrong.  They look really stupid after a few months.

Even when I was a moonbat, I had better sense than to make statements like those, and my analyses actually showed a GOP bias.  And you should be holding yourself up to higher standards than an idiot like me, man.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies