Office of Southern Governor West_Midlander
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:43:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Governor West_Midlander
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Southern Governor West_Midlander  (Read 3164 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2020, 01:25:27 PM »
« edited: April 23, 2020, 07:53:47 AM by West_Midlander »

Wikimedia Commons
Office of West_Midlander, 11th Governor of the South

Resources

Constitution of the South
Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia
Vital Civic Information Thread
Public Office of Gov. West_Midlander

Bills Signed
Restructured Employment For Miners Act (REMA)
Stopping Animal Sexual Abuse (SASA) Act
Amendment to the Gubernatorial Appointments Act
Kobe Bryant Southern Basketball Scholarship Act
Formerly called the Regional Sport Act (RSA)
Zero-Rating Act (ZRA)
Amendment to the Department of Infrastructure and Environment Act
Community Empowerment Act (CEA)
The Equality in Sexual Education Act
The Southern Euthanasia Ban of 2020
Affordable Transit Act (ATA)
Youth Risk Prevention Act (YRPA)
Tenant Protection Act
Southern Budget Act

Executive Orders
EO #001 & Statement
EO #002
EO #003 & Statement
EO #004
EO #005
EO #006
EO #007
EO #008
EO #009
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2020, 04:48:58 PM by West_Midlander »

Executive Order #001

I hereby appoint weatherboy1102 to the vacancy in the Chamber of Delegates.

Statement on Executive Order #001

In his campaign for Chamber, weatherboy promised activity. I am aware of the former President's inactivity in previous capacities but everyone deserves a second chance. Weatherboy has pledged to introduce at minimum 5 bills this session and has put forward a specific goal in regard to transportation. I am very glad to have a Delegate in the Chamber, now, with a priority in transportation, given the recent transportation protests in the region.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 04:47:22 PM »

Executive Order #002

Whereas, life begins at conception.
Whereas, unborn Southerners feel pain when aborted at or after eight weeks.
Whereas, Susan B. Anthony was an opponent of abortion.

Therefore, I declare February 15th Southern Adoption Day to promote an alternative to abortion on the anniversary of Susan B. Anthony's birth.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 04:48:46 PM »

Interestingly, unborn Lincolnites and Frémonters do not feel pain upon abortion at eight weeks.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 08:04:51 AM »

Interestingly, unborn Lincolnites and Frémonters do not feel pain upon abortion at eight weeks.

Interestingly, the South isn't Fremont or Lincoln.
#DiversityIsOurStrength
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 04:42:39 PM »

Executive Order #003

I hereby dismiss Peebs from the office of Attorney General of the Southern region and appoint fhtagn to the same post.

Statement on Executive Order #003

Circumstances have changed and the Southern region needs a vocal, pro-life fighter in the courtroom to defend the region's abortion law. I am very proud to appoint my longtime friend to the post. She is a former President of our great country, a former Vice President, a congresswoman, a former Delegate, and so is more than experienced for this position.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 08:59:15 PM »

I thank my friend and governor West_Midlander for the appointment and his confidence in my ability to represent the Southern Region as Attorney General.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 10:18:16 PM »

Executive Order #004

To aid in the recovery from the Tennessee tornadoes, I hereby deploy the Southern National Guard to that state. The regional national guard will be working in coordination with federal authorities.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 11:40:15 PM »

Executive Order #004

To aid in the recovery from the Tennessee tornadoes, I hereby deploy the Southern National Guard to that state. The regional national guard will be working in coordination with federal authorities.
Death camps I'm telling you.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 03:30:45 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2020, 04:17:33 PM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

Executive Order #005

Whereas Kansas is a Southern state:

January 29th will be designated as "Kansas Is Southern Day." This will be a day for Kansans to celebrate their Southern heritage. The Stars and Bars will be flown across Kansas on this day in accordance with procedures laid out in the Atlasia Flag Code. Also, The Southern National Guard will conduct a military parade in Topeka on this day.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 05:44:58 PM »

Deeply disturbing!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 07:19:17 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 06:09:42 AM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

Executive Order #006

I am declaring a state of emergency in the Southern region due to COVID-19. There are many cases in the South, and that number is expected to grow, particularly in England (where there are already a large number of cases compared to the rest of the region).

I will be working with the regional Department of Health and Human Services and the regional Department of Education to determine the way forward.

I am not mandating a ban on public meetings beyond the federal guidline (to take effect shortly) at this time. I am recommending bans on meetings of over 100 persons to be considered by local authorities, particularly in more deeply affected states and localities.

I am declaring a closure of all public schools in the states of Maryland, Louisiana, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia for a period of two weeks beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020.

I am advising local officials in other affected areas and localities, particularly in parts of Tennessee and England, to close schools in areas where the outbreak is worse. Authorities in mentioned states should close schools longer if the situation demands it, especially in Louisiana.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 06:06:01 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2020, 06:22:57 AM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

Executive Order #007

I am declaring schools in the Southern region closed through April 17, 2020. I encourage state and local authorities to close schools for longer, including through the rest of the school year, where they deem necessary. I am not mandating a closure order for a longer period of time to accommodate for parts of the Southern region where the crisis is not as severe.

I encourage my fellow Southerners to not hoard vital supplies including masks and to follow item limitations in-use now by some stores. All bars, theaters, and other non-essential businesses are closed effective tomorrow at noon.

I am declaring a stay-in-place order for the Southern region. Residents of the Southern region should not go to work unless working in vital industries such as food service or at grocery stores, gas stations, or pharmacies. Additionally, plumbers, construction workers, and electricians will be allowed to continue working. Childcare services are urged to stay open as well and will be allowed to do so.

I am continuing to urge social distancing and recommend a self-quarantine of all senior citizens in the Southern region, particularly in nursing homes.

At this time, I am declaring a recommendation that all events of ten or more people be canceled or virtually hosted.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 12:04:01 PM »

Executive Order #005

Whereas Kansas is a Southern state:

January 29th will be designated as "Kansas Is Southern Day." This will be a day for Kansans to celebrate their Southern heritage. The Stars and Bars will be flown across Kansas on this day in accordance with procedures laid out in the Atlasia Flag Code. Also, The Southern National Guard will conduct a military parade in Topeka on this day.
Thank you Mr. Governor!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 09:36:00 PM »

Executive Order #008

I hereby grant the following non-Southerners the Member of the Order of the Southern Region (or MSR) for their courage in standing up for their values and for freedom of thought and expression:

Scott
PSOL

I want to thank Senator Scott, in particular, for standing up against the rising tide of authoritarianism, especially by supporting of gun rights.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 07:45:12 PM »

Executive Order #008

I hereby grant the following non-Southerners the Member of the Order of the Southern Region (or MSR) for their courage in standing up for their values and for freedom of thought and expression: leaving the Labor Party

Scott
PSOL

I want to thank Senator Scott, in particular, for standing up against the rising tide of authoritarianism, especially by supporting of gun rights.

FTFY Wink

Also, I have revised the relevant statute. Apparently it is legal to give honors to non-southern citizens; though I would like you to explain something to the general public.

The relevant staute for honors (Southern Honors System Act) establishes the following for the Member of the Order of the Southern Region:

Given to those who have given exemplary service to the region and who have been contributing members to our Government and to our region as a whole.

https://talkelections.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Southern_Honors

Could you please tell us more about the exemplary service and contributions to the Southern region that Scott and PSOL have made?

PSOL has literally never set foot in the Southern region; and neither has Scott as far as I am aware.

Scott and PSOL do deserve honors. But it is not for this cause nor they should be given by the Southern Governor with a process designed to honor members of the Southern region, just to "own the Laborites".

If need be, I am sure the president or Fremont First Minister will actually give them real awards intended for citizens of Fremont.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 07:52:45 PM »

Executive Order #008

I hereby grant the following non-Southerners the Member of the Order of the Southern Region (or MSR) for their courage in standing up for their values and for freedom of thought and expression: leaving the Labor Party

Scott
PSOL

FTFY Wink

Also, I have revised the relevant statute. Apparently it is legal to give honors to non-southern citizens; though I would like you to explain something to the general public.

The relevant staute for honors (Southern Honors System Act) establishes the following for the Member of the Order of the Southern Region:

Given to those who have given exemplary service to the region and who have been contributing members to our Government and to our region as a whole.

Could you please tell us more about the exemplary service and contributions to the Southern region that Scott and PSOL have made?

PSOL has literally never set foot in the Southern region; and neither has Scott as far as I am aware.

Scott and PSOL do deserve honors. But it is not for this cause nor they should be given by the Southern Governor with a process designed to honor members of the Southern region, just to "own the Laborites".

If need be, I am sure the president or Fremont First Minister will actually give them real awards intended for citizens of Fremont.
Leaving the Labor Party is the most distinguished patriotic action that anyone can take since Labor clearly stands for un-Southern values. Also Scott was an IDS Emperor pre-reset ftr.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 07:55:14 PM »

Executive Order #008

Scott
PSOL

FTFY Wink

Leaving the Labor Party is the most distinguished patriotic action that anyone can take since Labor clearly stands for un-Southern values. Also Scott was an IDS Emperor pre-reset ftr.

Well, I am sure a majority of citizens of the Southern region must be "un-Southern" given they have elected Labor majorities twice Tongue

I stand corrected regarding Scott I guess (though let's be real; this is not in honor of Scott's pre-reset term as IDS emperor), though it still does not explain PSOL
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 08:39:15 PM »

Executive Order #008

Scott
PSOL

FTFY Wink

Scott standing up for the constitutional rights of Atlasians (which currently includes Southern citizens) fits the purpose of the award.

It's a shame you and other members of the Senate are too spineless to follow his lead.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 06:32:47 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2020, 06:39:19 AM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

Defending the right to bear arms and freedom of expression (which both Scott and PSOL exhibited) is defending properly Southern values. PSOL and Scott have honored the region and defended the rights of its people by standing their ground on the issues and for standing up for what they believe in.

Authoritarian gun control laws and censorship, particularly party or state-imposed self-censorship are the antitheses of Southern values.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 07:36:24 AM »

Defending the right to bear arms and freedom of expression (which both Scott and PSOL exhibited) is defending properly Southern values. PSOL and Scott have honored the region and defended the rights of its people by standing their ground on the issues and for standing up for what they believe in.

Authoritarian gun control laws and censorship, particularly party or state-imposed self-censorship are the antitheses of Southern values.

My point is that the Southern honors are meant to honor contributions to the Southern Government, not Soutehrn values by out of region citizens.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 09:23:56 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2020, 09:31:22 AM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

Attacking the establishment of party-imposed (self-)censorship and extreme gun control measures is a service to the region (and to the people of this region) because if those positions are advanced that is an infringement of Southern liberty.

Additionally, it is a boon to this government in its work to have fellow advocates of free speech (in PSOL and Scott) and the freedom to bear arms (in Scott) working for those aims outside of the Southern region (in Fremont) and in Nyman as well.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 09:12:39 AM »

Executive Order #009

I am extending the previous closure of Southern schools (previously closed through April 17, 2020) to now be closed through May 15, 2020. I encourage state and local authorities to close schools for longer, including through the rest of the school year, where they deem necessary. I am not mandating a closure order for the rest of the school year at this time to accommodate for parts of the Southern region where the crisis is not as severe.

I encourage my fellow Southerners to not hoard vital supplies especially medical masks and to follow item limitations in-use now by some stores.

I strongly concur with the (IRL federal) advisement made by medical professionals to use non-medical grade masks. These can be homemade from cloth and cloth masks (ie. bandanas) can alternatively be used. I am reiterating the need for social distancing (a distance of six feet) in public, which is still the standard in conjunction with the use of non-medical grade masks. This virus is very likely airborne and the CDC says it can be transmitted by talking. In some states, we are on a downward trend but we must remain vigilant so we don't have a resurgence.

If possible, I strongly encourage anyone who tested negative for coronavirus to continue to self-isolate because symptoms can occur later. A large number (of different types of) tests were OK'ed by the CDC when this pandemic was at its start in Atlasia, so the possibility for false negatives may not be as low as we would like.

At this time, I am declaring a recommendation that all events of five or more people be canceled or virtually hosted.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies