Law & Order- US Vs UK (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:47:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Law & Order- US Vs UK (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Law & Order- US Vs UK  (Read 11899 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: May 21, 2004, 05:10:47 PM »

On this topic I support the US approach.

Justice in the UK is a laughing stock. Our courts support the criminals over the victims in virtually all cases. You are not allowed to protect your property OR your family. You cannot even use force to prevent unlawful access to your home. Whatsmore, if a criminal is injured trying to force access, on broken glass for instance, they can sue the home owner!!
UK justice stinks!
Personally I believe you should be able to use any force necessary to protect your home or family. The US has got it right.

ahem, please refrain from criticizing our courts as in a few years I will be working in them as a barrister Tongue.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 12:07:11 PM »

Two units of alcohol (equivilant to a pint, two small glasses of wine, or two spirit measures) is the legal limit in Britain. I think this is a good benchmark, really, nobody who has been drinking should be driving, however accomodations need to be made for people who finished drinking several hours ago (and has hence gone below the limit but not metabolised all the alcohol) and for the odd drink.

I agree with Peter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies