Law & Order- US Vs UK (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:46:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Law & Order- US Vs UK (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Law & Order- US Vs UK  (Read 11912 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: May 21, 2004, 02:39:17 AM »

In the US or at least here in Florida if you shoot a burglar in the back after he has left your house you will be charged. Yes burglars here sue just as in England. I know of someone who put razorblades on the underside of their cars rims because his rims kept getting stolen. The crook sliced his hands open and sued the owner of the vehicle and won!!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 01:03:27 AM »

Drunk driving fines in this country are outrageous as well. If you get slapped with a DUI it will cost you at LEAST 4k dollars. The Blood Alcohol level is way to low to. It's .08 here in Florida. A shot of whiskey and a beer will put you over the limit.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 01:35:27 AM »

Two units of alcohol (equivilant to a pint, two small glasses of wine, or two spirit measures) is the legal limit in Britain. I think this is a good benchmark, really, nobody who has been drinking should be driving, however accomodations need to be made for people who finished drinking several hours ago (and has hence gone below the limit but not metabolised all the alcohol) and for the odd drink.

I agree with Peter.

So if a man or woman goes out with his family to the local steak house and gets a beer or two they have no right to drive? Give me a break that is pushing it way to far.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies