Law & Order- US Vs UK (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:12:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Law & Order- US Vs UK (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Law & Order- US Vs UK  (Read 11906 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: May 19, 2004, 10:14:17 PM »
« edited: May 19, 2004, 10:17:47 PM by TheGiantSaguaro »

Wow, I didn't realize it was that out of control. I knew it was hard as hell to get a gun, but this sounds overall worse than I thought. Besides, if you can't use it, what's the bother of even owning a gun, if you have to surrender to whoever breaks in? And cops can't carry guns. Oh, wow. And I'm surprised Tories are okay with that - here, the gun business is mainly a right vs. left deal, and it's not this radical. They argue about background checks at gun shows, mostly. Sheesh! The right wing supporting taking guns off cops. I don't know as much about domestic policy with the UK parties, I've always assumed the anti gun business was Labor. Apparently not in the UK. Wasn't it Blair that signed in many of the gun bans?

See, here what will happen is that someone will assault a police officer, swing at him, beat on him, and as soon as he defends himself and puts the assailant down, the cop gets sued. A lot of it is racial, though. There was just a case not long ago in Ohio where a 400 pound black man jumped a cop at a gas station, beat the hell out of him at first, but the 400 pound black man died in the fight. The footage was on the news for days. I think most of the time the cops get off in these cases, but I don't think anyone here would seriously think of disarming cops. Maybe the NAACP, but no one would do it. That just wouldn't work.

There are people here who I fear would disarm the general public, but they are very much in the minority.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 11:27:11 PM »

anyone think they will ever ban guns in america

Not in the foreseeable future. Some of the ones who would like to would like to work at banning them gradually, so we start by banning assault weapons, but by the time we get done your shotgun is an assault weapon. That .22 caliber rifle someone plunks around with is an assault weapon. I don't think it will happen because I don't think people would stand for it and I don't think they would get nearly enough votes for something like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies