Gay Senator Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:49:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gay Senator Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Who is the closet-case Senator?
Kyl
Lugar
Lott
Talent
Burns
Ensign
DeWine
Santorum
Chafee
Hatch
Allen
Thomas
A Democrat (specify in post)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Gay Senator Poll  (Read 7744 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2006, 05:38:54 PM »

No, I really don't.

And would you say the same if you had pedophiliac feelings? Just go for it, right? Don't let morals get in the way?

And what, for the last time, does forcing a physically immature child to have unconsentable sex have anything to do with two consenting adults of the same sex having a relationship? They are not comparable acts. But deep down Jake, I know you are aware of that.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2006, 07:31:23 PM »

No, I really don't.

And would you say the same if you had pedophiliac feelings? Just go for it, right? Don't let morals get in the way?

Considering that paedophiliac relationships are functionally rape, I think we are speaking outside the league of morals.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »

And what, for the last time, does forcing a physically immature child to have unconsentable sex have anything to do with two consenting adults of the same sex having a relationship? They are not comparable acts. But deep down Jake, I know you are aware of that.

Nice strawman. I didn't compare pedophilia and homosexuality. I asked whether squaring your beliefs with your personality would be acceptable if you were a pedophile. You're interested in playing your "gay hater" card, so go ahead.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2006, 10:49:13 PM »

But throwing this up in the air, what if he was? Would your opinion change, not because of his sexuality but because of lying about it, yet at the same time comparing as Rob said, homosexual acts to a 'man on dog' yet rushing to defend Robert Traynham?

A theoretical senator who is closeted but supports gay rights can stay in the closet all he or she likes, it's their decision, but one who is intrinsicly hypocritical when it came to these matters deserves no sympathy.

I'd be very disappointed because of his lying and because of his previous comments. He'd take a serious hit in my personal approval of him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2006, 10:50:02 PM »

I really think Wyden is a closet homosexual.

Good lord man, Ron Wyden has two kids and is on his second marriage (just got married again last year). He's not gay.

"...my truth is that I am a gay American." - Former Governor James E. McGreevey - married and father of two girls.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies