Most underrated Senator
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:53:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most underrated Senator
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Most underrated Senator  (Read 3578 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:16 PM »

Byron Dorgan is one of the best.
sethm0

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 10:47:34 PM »

Another vote for Jack Reed. Humble, hard working, and by far the most credible voice among congressional Democratc on on national security.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 04:01:18 AM »

I have to agree about the wonderful, wonderful North Dakota delegation. 

I think Colorado's junior senator Ken Salazar is great, though he's not necessary underrated except when compared to fellow freshman Obama.

I'm going to go out on a crazy limb here, though, and suggest that crazy right-wingers Sam Brownback and Tom Coburn are underrated by the left.

Why?  Yes, they're wingnuts, but each stands up for his principles in contrast to the general corporate whoredom of the unthinking Bush-supporting Zombies that populate the more conservative ranks of GOPers...

Brownback, imho, deserves kudos for his willingness to stand up for humanitarianism, particularly as it applies to helping developing countries, as shown by his leadership on the Darfur issue.  I think he also tends to definitely shy away from the veiled racism that is popular in some gop circles and appreciate his stance in support of immigrant rights... I think his stance on social issues is impractical to say the least...

Coburn, meanwhile, deserves credit for being a pain in the rump of the GOP majority and of Ted Stevens in particular.  I disagree with him on his opposition to big government when the largesse is used to help the less fortunate, but when the GOP is in charge, the largesse goes to malevolent interests and his attacks on their governance, thus, makes him a sometimes ally of the good guys... (kinda like Ron Paul)
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 08:01:11 AM »

Coburn, Kyl, or Sessions.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length