FT 14.23 – Organ Donor Protection Act (Law)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:12:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 14.23 – Organ Donor Protection Act (Law)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 14.23 – Organ Donor Protection Act (Law)  (Read 537 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2020, 10:34:49 AM »
« edited: March 04, 2020, 01:21:21 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

A BILL FOR AN ACT
relating to protecting the welfare of the health of Frémont's organ donors

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF FRÉMONT RESOLVED.

Section 1, TITLE.
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Organ Donor Protection Act."
ii. "Employee" refers to a person who performs services for hire for an employer, for an average of 20 or more hours per week, and includes all individuals employed at any site owned or operated by an employer. Employee does not include an independent contractor.
iii. "Employer" refers to a person or entity that employs 20 or more employees at at least one site and includes an individual, corporation, partnership, association, nonprofit organization, group of persons, region, state, county, town, city, school district, or other governmental subdivision.

Section 2, LIVING ORGAN DONOR DISCRIMINATION.
i. No health carrier, or any other insurance provider, shall decline or cut off insurance for any insured citizen(s) of the Commonwealth of Frémont, nor discriminate in the premium rating, offering, issuance, cancellation, amount of coverage, or any other condition, on the sole basis of being a living organ donor.
ii. No health carrier is permitted to prevent any insured citizen of the Commonwealth of Frémont from donating all or part of an organ as a condition of receiving or continuing to receive coverage under a health plan.

Section 3, LEAVE REGARDING ORGAN DONATION PROCEDURES.
i. An employer must provide paid leaves of absence to employee(s) who are about to undergo medical procedure to donate bone marrow and/or an organ (partial or complete) to another person.
ii. The length of the paid leave of absence may be decided by the employee undergoing the procedure, but may not exceed 48 hours, unless agreed upon by both the employer, as well as their employee in question.
iii. The employer may require official verification an employee seeking organ or bone marrow donation by a physician regarding the purpose and length of each leave requested by the employee.
iv. If there is a medical determination that the employee does not qualify as a bone marrow or organ donor, the paid leave of absence granted to the employee prior to that medical determination is not forfeited.
v. An employer must provide unpaid leaves of absence to employee(s) who are about to undergo medical procedure to donate bone marrow and/or an organ (partial or complete) to another person.
vi. The length of the unpaid leave of absence may be decided by the employee undergoing the procedure, but may not exceed 12 weeks, unless agreed upon by both the employer, as well as their employee in question.
vii. An employer is not permitted to retaliate or sanction against an employee for requesting leave, whether paid or unpaid. “Retaliation” includes, but is not limited to, demotion, discipline, firing, salary reduction, job/shift reassignment, or any other negative job action.

Section 4, ENACTMENT CLAUSE.
i. This act shall take effect exactly 72 hours after final enactment by the parliament of Frémont.
Sponsor: Koopa Da Quick

The member from Iowa has the floor.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 02:23:31 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Truman. I'm going to try to make this short and sweet. The point of the bill is to prevent workplace discrimination towards organ donors, as well as regulating paid leave regarding a worker. Considering how passionate this parliament is about workers' rights, I think that it's a no-brainer to support a piece of legislation like this. I yield the floor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »

I agree, this legislation is both fair and necessary —organ donors are literally indispensable to the health of countless Atlasians, and we should do all in our power to protect their ability to contribute.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 04:22:46 PM »

Bumping this for the new session.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 01:24:09 PM »

I don't have any concerns with the current iteration of this act and will be happy to vote for it. Looking forward to the input of my fellow MPs on this bill, which is definitely needed in Fremont.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 01:27:33 PM »

Any comments from the gentlemen of Guam and Washington before the body moves to a final vote?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 08:05:18 AM »

I do support this bill as organ donors are important to saving many lives.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 02:54:51 PM »

Motioning for a final vote, 24 hours to object.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 03:57:29 PM »

A final vote is now opened. All members and the first minister have 48 hours to vote.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 06:02:36 PM »

Aye
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 06:03:33 PM »

Aye
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 06:13:09 PM »

Aye.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »

Aye, if I'm not too late.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 03:52:37 PM »

Organ Donor Protection Act
Frémont Parliament Bill 14.23 - Sponsored by KoopaDaQuick, MFP

LABPAXINDTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

FFTRMLULTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

First Minister HARRY S TRUMAN of North Dakota (LAB/FF)
Mr. AUSTRALIANSWINGVOTER of Washington (IND/ML)
Mr. ISHAN of Guam (LAB/UL)
Ms. KOOPADAQUICK of Iowa (PAX/TR)
Mr. OREGON BLUE DOG of Oregon (LAB/ML)

The bill passes an almost unanimous vote, and awaits the first minister's signature.

Well this vote closed 24 hours early meaning I didn't get a chance to vote. So I'd rather like to complain about that.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 03:54:04 PM »

Aye
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 03:57:32 PM »

Organ Donor Protection Act
Frémont Parliament Bill 14.23 - Sponsored by KoopaDaQuick, MFP

LABPAXINDTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

FFTRMLULTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

First Minister HARRY S TRUMAN of North Dakota (LAB/FF)
Mr. AUSTRALIANSWINGVOTER of Washington (IND/ML)
Mr. ISHAN of Guam (LAB/UL)
Ms. KOOPADAQUICK of Iowa (PAX/TR)
Mr. OREGON BLUE DOG of Oregon (LAB/ML)

Apologies to the member from Washington for closing the vote early.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 06:36:50 PM »

A BILL FOR AN ACT
relating to protecting the welfare of the health of Frémont's organ donors

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF FRÉMONT RESOLVED.

Section 1, TITLE.
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Organ Donor Protection Act."
ii. "Employee" refers to a person who performs services for hire for an employer, for an average of 20 or more hours per week, and includes all individuals employed at any site owned or operated by an employer. Employee does not include an independent contractor.
iii. "Employer" refers to a person or entity that employs 20 or more employees at at least one site and includes an individual, corporation, partnership, association, nonprofit organization, group of persons, region, state, county, town, city, school district, or other governmental subdivision.

Section 2, LIVING ORGAN DONOR DISCRIMINATION.
i. No health carrier, or any other insurance provider, shall decline or cut off insurance for any insured citizen(s) of the Commonwealth of Frémont, nor discriminate in the premium rating, offering, issuance, cancellation, amount of coverage, or any other condition, on the sole basis of being a living organ donor.
ii. No health carrier is permitted to prevent any insured citizen of the Commonwealth of Frémont from donating all or part of an organ as a condition of receiving or continuing to receive coverage under a health plan.

Section 3, LEAVE REGARDING ORGAN DONATION PROCEDURES.
i. An employer must provide paid leaves of absence to employee(s) who are about to undergo medical procedure to donate bone marrow and/or an organ (partial or complete) to another person.
ii. The length of the paid leave of absence may be decided by the employee undergoing the procedure, but may not exceed 48 hours, unless agreed upon by both the employer, as well as their employee in question.
iii. The employer may require official verification an employee seeking organ or bone marrow donation by a physician regarding the purpose and length of each leave requested by the employee.
iv. If there is a medical determination that the employee does not qualify as a bone marrow or organ donor, the paid leave of absence granted to the employee prior to that medical determination is not forfeited.
v. An employer must provide unpaid leaves of absence to employee(s) who are about to undergo medical procedure to donate bone marrow and/or an organ (partial or complete) to another person.
vi. The length of the unpaid leave of absence may be decided by the employee undergoing the procedure, but may not exceed 12 weeks, unless agreed upon by both the employer, as well as their employee in question.
vii. An employer is not permitted to retaliate or sanction against an employee for requesting leave, whether paid or unpaid. “Retaliation” includes, but is not limited to, demotion, discipline, firing, salary reduction, job/shift reassignment, or any other negative job action.

Section 4, ENACTMENT CLAUSE.
i. This act shall take effect exactly 72 hours after final enactment by the parliament of Frémont.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies