S.20.1-8: The Equality in Sexual Education Act (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:23:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.1-8: The Equality in Sexual Education Act (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.1-8: The Equality in Sexual Education Act (Statute)  (Read 1896 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2020, 02:41:07 AM »
« edited: March 27, 2020, 08:37:14 AM by Southern Speaker Punxsutawney Phil »

The Equality in Sexual Education Act
     1. No school which receives funding from the Government of Atlasia or the Southern Region may exclude children who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender or children who are raised in a household by parents who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity of either the child or the parent(s). This does not apply to private schools that receive no funding from either the government of Atlasia or the Southern Region.
     2. All schools that receive funding from the Government of Atlasia or Southern Region must include LGBT sexual education in any health and sexual education course taught at the school, beginning in 6th Grade. The LGBT sexual education must be taught in the same manner that heterosexual sexual education is instructed, with a special focus on sexual transmitted infections and the HIV/AIDS crisis. This does not apply to private schools that receive no funding from either the government of Atlasia or the Southern Region.
     3. Parents will be allowed to opt their children out of the LGBT sexual education courses only if they opt their children out of all other sexual education courses taught at the school.
Author: Leinad
Sponsor: West_Midlander
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 03:36:02 PM »

I commend this legislation. We must eliminate discrimination at all costs.
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 04:35:47 PM »

Would parents have the ability to opt their children out of the LGBT sexual education curriculum specifically, or the sexual education curriculum generally as a whole?
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »

Would parents have the ability to opt their children out of the LGBT sexual education curriculum specifically, or the sexual education curriculum generally as a whole?

I would assume parents can still opt-out as is standard procedure. I also assume the LGBT sex education is included so an opt-out is total. However, Representative Leinad, the bill author, should comment if this was his intent for the bill.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 11:27:32 PM »

I would assume parents can still opt-out as is standard procedure. I also assume the LGBT sex education is included so an opt-out is total. However, Representative Leinad, the bill author, should comment if this was his intent for the bill.

Amendments can also be put forward to add specificity.
#JustSaying
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 07:54:19 PM »

introducing an amendment to clarify that:

The Equality in Sexual Education Act
     1. No school which receives funding from the Government of Atlasia or the Southern Region may exclude children who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender or children who are raised in a household by parents who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity of either the child or the parent(s). This does not apply to private schools that receive no funding from either the government of Atlasia or the Southern Region.
     2. All schools that receive funding from the Government of Atlasia or Southern Region must include LGBT sexual education in any health and sexual education course taught at the school, beginning in 6th Grade. The LGBT sexual education must be taught in the same manner that heterosexual sexual education is instructed, with a special focus on sexual transmitted infections and the HIV/AIDS crisis. This does not apply to private schools that receive no funding from either the government of Atlasia or the Southern Region.
     3. Parents will be allowed to opt their children out of the LGBT sexual education courses only if they opt their children out of all other sexual education courses taught at the school.

hopefully i didn't word it badly if I did I'm sorry
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 03:54:36 AM »

no objection.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 08:01:05 AM »

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 11:13:05 AM »

No objection
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 05:30:44 AM »

the amendment is hereby adopted.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 03:10:46 PM »

(1)

Gentlemen!

I have come here today to address the disturbing reports we are hearing on the far side of the great Mississippi River, of the direful malady which is lately afflicting the right honorable members of this dishonorable house. Novel coronavirus, the Black Death, the Spanish Influenza —none equal the grim horror of the disease vulgarly known as Southern Consumption, or by its scientific name, elleipsipeosis. The peculiar clime of Dixie has proved uniquely hospitable to this contagion, such that it is believed as many as one in every two Southerners suffers from it. While in some the symptoms are but mild, in others fever, heightened madness, and memory loss are the foul calling card of the plague. Since the disease arrived from Oceania, thousands have been infected in Nashville alone: and how many more innocents will be before the week is out?

Fear not, however! I present to you Dr. Truman's Humoral Curative Miracle Elixir —a powerful compound of my own concoction guaranteed to arrest the progress of elleipsipeosis. Administered thrice daily by enema, this mixture of FMT, combined with rare powders from the Amazon, will restore the patient to full health in less than a week. But don't take my word for it; try it yourself, and experience the wondrous effects of Dr. Truman's Miracle Elixir, today!

(1) Source: Wikimedia Commons
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 11:17:54 PM »

(1)

Gentlemen!

I have come here today to address the disturbing reports we are hearing on the far side of the great Mississippi River, of the direful malady which is lately afflicting the right honorable members of this dishonorable house. Novel coronavirus, the Black Death, the Spanish Influenza —none equal the grim horror of the disease vulgarly known as Southern Fremont-19, or by its scientific name, elleipsipeosis. The peculiar clime of Dixie Fremont has proved uniquely hospitable to this contagion, such that it is believed as many as one in every two Southerners one Fremontese suffers from it. While in some the symptoms are but mild, in others fever, heightened madness, and memory loss, and demanding territory of other regions are the foul calling card of the plague. Since the disease arrived from Oceania, India-Nah thousands have been infected in Nashville alone: and how many more innocents will be before the week is out?

Fear not, however! I present to you Dr. Truman's Miracle Ego Elixir —a powerful compound of my own concoction guaranteed to arrest the progress of Fremont-19. Administered thrice daily by enema (how Fremont), this mixture of FMT, combined with rare powders from the Amazon, will restore the patient to full health in less than a week. But don't take my word for it; try it yourself, and experience the wondrous effects of Dr. Truman's Miracle Ego Elixir, today!

(1) Source: Wikimedia Commons
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 08:57:50 PM »

If we don't have anything to say that specifically pertains to this bill, then I'm going to call for a final vote.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 02:44:22 AM »

Motion for a final vote.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend