MO-Sen: Talent takes lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:13:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  MO-Sen: Talent takes lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO-Sen: Talent takes lead  (Read 3449 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« on: February 13, 2006, 12:10:09 PM »

I'm annoyed at this poll certainly.  However, other people in other threads have said that Rasmussen generally overstates Republican support; also lets remember its only February and that the only polling that matters will begin in August or September.  Still, this is interesting.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 04:56:11 PM »

After what Talent did on the Cloning Ban Bill last week, I would not be shocked if his numbers decline.  He made a big mistake on that one...

Novak's Report on the Issue
http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/robertnovak/2006/02/13/186120.html

It could be portrayed as a flip-flop, but only by Republicans.  McCaskill has to tread a fine line on it - I think she would be pro stem cell research but if she ends up bashing him for agreeing with her then it makes her look bad.

I would have thought that this is what pushed his numbers up slightly as he gets press attention and discusses issues, resulting in a favourable atmosphere for him.

I think that McCaskill should pull it out in the end.  The poll notes that more Missourians approve of her than Talent and more Missourians disapprove of Talent than her.  Apart from the money factor, which is weighted against her, she is running in a swing-state in a good year for her party against an empty-suit of a politician who has got no credit for any legislation or activity in MO.  Furthermore, she is familiar and well positioned in the eyes of the voters: 48% of them voted for her in 2004.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies