Rasmussen. FL Sen: Nelson (D) 49%, Harris (R) 40%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:42:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen. FL Sen: Nelson (D) 49%, Harris (R) 40%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rasmussen. FL Sen: Nelson (D) 49%, Harris (R) 40%  (Read 6956 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »

Bump. This is for the hacks like Deano and those in that other thread who are quoting a thread wayy back in Febuary. Lets' read the WHOLE thread and then discuss how things have changed. KTHXBYE
Deano963

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 02:28:50 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2006, 02:35:14 PM by Deano963 »

Bump. This is so everyone knows just how stupid hacks like StatesRights are.

Plus the great majority of registered Democrats here vote Republican.

LOL - The 'great majority'of registered democrats in FL vote republican huh? That definitely explains why Bush's margin of victory in the state was less than 600 votes in 2000.
Deano963

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 02:34:45 PM »

It would be in his [Jeb Bush's] best interest not to run for Senate if he wants a shot at the presidency. Senators have a very very bad record of presidential runs. I doubt he'll challenge Harris, his support for her is pretty well known.

I thought Jeb 'threw Harris under the bus' as you put it? If his support for her is so great and he was not running for the seat, why would he say that she can't win?

No, the race would have been a bit more competitive. I'm not claiming that she would have swept Nelson out of office but it's pretty obvious that if the Jeb hadn't publicly said "you can't win" and backed her she would be doing much better in the polls. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

She was down in the polls by around 30 points well before he said that my friend. Your little theory is simpley wrong and not supported by that facts. This race would NOT have been closer no matter what Jeb did. Just admit your entire premise is wrong and shut the hell up about this race - IT'S OVER. On November 8th Harris will be FORMER Congressowman and political roadkill, which is what she deserves.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 02:44:05 PM »

Bump. This is so everyone knows just how stupid hacks like StatesRights are.

Plus the great majority of registered Democrats here vote Republican.

LOL - The 'great majority'of registered democrats in FL vote republican huh? That definitely explains why Bush's margin of victory in the state was less than 600 votes in 2000.

Wrong again fool. Go look at the registration stats for the state of Florida.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 02:45:54 PM »

It would be in his [Jeb Bush's] best interest not to run for Senate if he wants a shot at the presidency. Senators have a very very bad record of presidential runs. I doubt he'll challenge Harris, his support for her is pretty well known.

I thought Jeb 'threw Harris under the bus' as you put it? If his support for her is so great and he was not running for the seat, why would he say that she can't win?

Because he said this in June of this year..if you can read you can clearly see that I said this back in FEBRUARY!!! The name of the game is awareness.

Deano963

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 03:19:04 PM »

Because he said this in June of this year..if you can read you can clearly see that I said this back in FEBRUARY!!! The name of the game is awareness.

And that matters why? You still haven't explained how him not saying that would have helped. She was hopelessly down long bfore he said that.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 03:20:54 PM »

And that matters why? You still haven't explained how him not saying that would have helped. She was hopelessly down long bfore he said that.

If he had thrown his full support behind her it's quite obvious she would be a lot closer then she is at this current point. Seriously now, how can you deny that fact?
Deano963

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2006, 03:58:41 PM »

If he had thrown his full support behind her it's quite obvious she would be a lot closer then she is at this current point. Seriously now, how can you deny that fact?

Why is it obivous? It's not a fact b/c you say it is.
Deano963

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2006, 03:59:30 PM »

Didn't you hear james? She suffered a head-on collision with a Revlon truck.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2006, 05:14:38 PM »

Whoa, I actually thought this Rasmussen poll was recent and was perplexed by how Harris was able to make such a big comeback.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 05:59:44 PM »

Whoa, I actually thought this Rasmussen poll was recent and was perplexed by how Harris was able to make such a big comeback.

So Did I !!

Ditto and it was me who originally posted this thread...!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 06:36:20 PM »

You don't think a governor with a 59% approval rating would have any effect on Harris' chances? You can't possibly be that hackish.
Deano963

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2006, 11:21:39 PM »

You don't think a governor with a 59% approval rating would have any effect on Harris' chances? You can't possibly be that hackish.

A GREAT governor can swing the statewide vote maybe 1%-2%(maximum) in his party's direction through extremely effective use of his position of Governor to promote the candidate and give them positive exposure.

A semi-popular Governor like Jeb would maybe, at MOST, have an affect of adding on 1% to Harris's final share of the vote. To suggest he would make any significant difference in her campaign is not based on reality. You can't possibly be that stupid.

You are also not even considering the possibility that Harris is SO unpopular in Florida, that if Jeb had strongly aligned himself with her, it is at least equally as likely if not more likely that she would have DECREASED Jeb's popularity, not increase her own.

Harris is FAR more unpopular than Jeb is popular.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2006, 01:49:04 AM »

I generally like Ras. but this doesn't sound right. Neither do his Nevada numbers.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2006, 07:11:31 AM »

LOL
Deano963

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »

https://www.surveyusa.com/50State2006/50StateGovernor060921Net.htm

LOL- what are you laughing about ? HAHAHA. Jeb Bush ties for 20th in the approval ratings for Governors. His +20% net approval hardly makes him an extremely popular gov like the way you talk about him.

But there I go again tring to convince you with solid facts and numbers when while all you do is throw out your opinion like fact and NEVER back up one single thing you say.

Wow, you really are that stupid.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2006, 12:04:28 PM »

The Research 2000 got Nelson up 18, I wouldn't put much into this poll.
Deano963

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2006, 12:06:27 PM »

The Research 2000 got Nelson up 18, I wouldn't put much into this poll.

It's a poll from February.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2006, 06:22:18 PM »

LOL- what are you laughing about ? HAHAHA. Jeb Bush ties for 20th in the approval ratings for Governors. His +20% net approval hardly makes him an extremely popular gov like the way you talk about him.

But there I go again tring to convince you with solid facts and numbers when while all you do is throw out your opinion like fact and NEVER back up one single thing you say.

When are you going to win a debate? I'm glad I won this round, see you again next time, pussy.
Deano963

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2006, 06:37:37 PM »

When are you going to win a debate? I'm glad I won this round, see you again next time, pussy.

LOL - well, seeing as how I kicked you around like a rag doll this time and threw out solid FACTS to disprove every one of your silly arguments and delusional opinions, and seeing as how you reverted to calling me names b/c you can't argue intelligently to save your life, I'd say that I won this round pretty handily. See you the next time you start raving like a lunatic about something.....

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2006, 08:58:42 PM »

Nice language. That really makes you sound intelligent.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2006, 09:07:08 PM »

Nice language. That really makes you sound intelligent.

I concur.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 07:15:59 AM »

Isn't it a little sad that this was pretty much the deepest thought in the entire thread?

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies