S.1.20-9: Motion of No Confidence (withdrawn)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:34:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.1.20-9: Motion of No Confidence (withdrawn)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.1.20-9: Motion of No Confidence (withdrawn)  (Read 343 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2020, 08:35:09 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2020, 01:07:04 PM by Southern Delegate Spark »

My fellow Delegates, in a de-facto capacity I am introducing the motion of no confidence in the Southern Chamber leadership. Speaker Tim's activity has been less than optimal, and Deputy Speaker PragmaticPopulist has not been active for the full session.

Motion of No Confidence - Regarding the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates

i. Under the Standing Rules of the Southern Chamber of Delegates, it is hereby my duty and request to introduce a motion of no confidence
ii. With all due respect, both members are devoted public servants but must abide by their duties in a timely manner
iii. The reason for the motion is substantial inactivity on the part of the Deputy Speaker
iv. The motion shall be for-cause due to the inactivity of the Deputy Speaker for the entire session when the Speaker is absent
v. Bills remained in queue for longer than a few days when the government must be actively run by the Deputy Speaker in the Speaker's absence
vi. Substantial inactivity on the part of the leadership of the Southern Chamber is detrimental to the people of the Southern region.
vii. Under the rules, I hereby request a vote on whether to retain the Deputy Speaker.

In order to ensure continuity of government operations while the Speaker and Deputy Speaker remain absent, debate shall be held for 72 hours. After that time, a vote shall be held according to the Standing Rules for 24 hours. Upon return, the thread may be modified.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 06:50:42 AM »

I apologize for my inactivity. I am consulting with the speaker at the moment about the way forward.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 07:09:57 AM »

I apologize for my inactivity. I am consulting with the speaker at the moment about the way forward.
Can confirm.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 10:38:55 AM »

The concern is about you both doing your duty. It's not an attack on your character as an individual. As a proud Southerner and former member of the chamber, I hope you'll lift your game. If the no confidence motion gets you both more active then I think it will have been successful in it's intended purpose. I'll reiterate here what I said in the lead up.

Not that either of the individuals are "bad blokes". Timbo and PragPop are good blokes, being a good bloke isn't at question. It is explicit in motion, that this is not about the type of blokes they are but about activity and dedication to duty.

I thank the chamber for it's time. I hope we don't have to see another one of these motions in the 17th session.

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 10:56:08 PM »

Hereby withdrawing the motion of no confidence against Speaker TimTurner but stands against Deputy Speaker PragmaticPopulist.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 01:06:49 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2020, 01:11:46 PM by Southern Delegate Spark »

After the compromise was reached with Deputy Speaker Prag, I am hereby withdrawing the motion in its entirety.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies